Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Crashes after Vampire Coast

DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,579
Hey everyone.

Do more people have trouble with Warhammer total war 2 just crashing on them ?

No error report what so ever, it just exit and close itself.

This mostly happens when I am in Mortal Empires screen. Happend 2 times to me now, never had it before.

Am I the only one or have more folks experience this ? Is this even a known problem perhaps ?

Thanks. It causes me some concerns if its my PC or something with the game. I hope its the last.
Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor

Comments

• SwalkaSwalka Registered Users Posts: 3
    I did, but after switching back to DX11, all the issues have gone
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,579
    Swalka said:

I did, but after switching back to DX11, all the issues have gone

Thanks for responding.

as far as I know, I do play D11, its automatically on that setting, correct ?

Also, was it in your case AFTER the latest DLC ? or before ?

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • NeutronStarNeutronStar Registered Users Posts: 161
    It happens to me too, even after switching to dx11, seemingly randomly and not too often. Thought it was my computer or the fact I had switched to a SSD...
  • ASyrian#2378ASyrian#2378 Registered Users Posts: 1,332
    Had to change ny graficdriver (radeon)

It happens to me too, even after switching to dx11, seemingly randomly and not too often. Thought it was my computer or the fact I had switched to a SSD...

Yes indeed, very random at times, and not very often either. Had it happen 2 times since new DLC release, before never.

Thought maybe something broke in my PC and thats why it happen but could be DLC.

This happens to you to after the release of Vampire Coast ? If I am correct, I did someone mention something like this happening after the DLC.

ASyrian said:

Had to change ny graficdriver (radeon)

Ow how so ? I have Geforce, GTX1080, but Radeon also got trouble ?

• DronieDronie Registered Users Posts: 8
    Happened to me yesterday, memory leaks. Couldn't play any game, even after reboots and starting new campaign.
    Switching to Dx11 resolved the issue.
    Dx 12 is default, BTW.
    My graphic card is GTX 970
  • Bloodydagger#9716Bloodydagger#9716 Registered Users Posts: 4,723
    Some of the 4xx drivers for nvida have massive memory leaks, stick with 390x
    Kelefane said:

Some of the 4xx drivers for nvida have massive memory leaks, stick with 390x

Hey, thanks for the reply.

What does that mean ? Is it in anyway damaging for my card??

So I should go to d11 then and it should fix that ?

Thanks , I am sorry I am such a greenie on this :S

• VladimiriVladimiri Registered Users Posts: 184
    Hey Lightylord MacBrightness.

I had the same issue. Firstly the game launcher informed me that my graphics drivers might be out of date (this has happened earlier too with no issues). The launcher was the place to choose DX11 or 12.

I had quite a bit of trouble installing new drivers to my GTX1070. Geforce experience just told the update wasn't compatible with my windows version. I had to manually choose the right drivers from website, After i had removed the default driver windows had installed. It was weird and buggy, might even be something wrong with my motherboard.

Aside of all that. New drivers, switching to DX11 from launcher fixed that crashing issues for me.
    Altho i noticed some quite major slowness when moving Belegar at Skarsnik territory (can't remember the zone name!! [SHAME!]). Then again the battle didn't feel slow or laggy at all.

• Skarsnik_De_EmperorSkarsnik_De_Emperor Registered Users Posts: 1,832
    1, Turn off the Unlimited Memory;
    2, Do not use optimized setting; and,
    3, Set the parameters by your own and do not believe those recommended choices.

1, Turn off the Unlimited Memory;
    2, Do not use optimized setting; and,
    3, Set the parameters by your own and do not believe those recommended choices.

Will do that !

It hasn't happen more since my last time. Its rare, happend 2 times since release but never had it before.

I will change the settings you surgessting if I haven't already :)

Thank you !

• Skarsnik_De_EmperorSkarsnik_De_Emperor Registered Users Posts: 1,832
    The latest update (guess I updated them almost same time as you did) asked me to set many things to LOW in Game 2 in their UI and auto reset my Unlimited Memory to be ON without asking me first in both games (Game 1 and Game 2). So it systematically broke both my games in Game 1 and Game 2 till I figured out what they just did without my consent.

I dun want to think it is some nasty ways to make people to buy new/better cards but I cannot control myself thinking like that... just like the battery issue related to the famous phone.