Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

20fps with RTX 2080

Paddy234Paddy234 Senior MemberPosts: 353Registered Users
Hey i recently just purchased a RTX 2080 and running the benchmark on ultra settings at 1440p i got an average of 74fps with dx11 which i was happy with. The problem is however when i play actual battles as soon as i hover over a moshpit of units the Fps will drop from 60-40-20fps. It's horrendous performance. I have 16gb ram and an intel I7 6700k cpu therefore i know it's not being bottlenecked. How can there be such a performance drop and are there any fixes for this?

Previous total war games had similar issues but they can't keep putting out games that can't remain stable during battles. I would like to know other peoples experiences and if they resolved it as it could be driver issues which i have the newest ones installed or poor optimization or simply a series of bugs. I'd really like to resolve this, thanks.

Comments

• luyspauloluyspaulo Junior Member Posts: 16Registered Users
    edited February 13
    I have I7 4770k and an RTX 2060. In total war games, with extreme quality, my video card uses only 50% of its capacity and the CPU at most 40%. If we depend on CA support, we who acquire an RTX will never play total war again.
  • davidfrkdavidfrk Posts: 1Registered Users
    Yeah luyspaulo looks exactly like that. Three kingdoms coming and I will not even consider buying since none of the recent Total Wars are running in rtx cards. CA we need a fix and I am really disappointed to have to wait months for a solution.
  • Bearhugger80Bearhugger80 Posts: 3Registered Users
    i get low fps also, but only with AA activated (about 20 fps).
    With no AA or FXAA I get 70 to 80 fps.

This happens with the latest NVIDIA driver...

Try that. (I have an 1070)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file