Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SolvedCrash on Campaign or Battle Load Screen

tdklaustdklaus Posts: 3Registered Users
edited November 2018 in Crashes
Hi,

Every time I try to run a benchmark for campaign/battle or start a campaign it loads most of the way and then crashes to the desktop. I haven't installed any mods as I just purchased the game, and have had these issues the whole time.

I followed the FAQ for troubleshooting the game V1.5.0 Build 8774.1520175:

Updated graphics drivers
disabled windows firewall
verified integrity of games files
changed language solution
renamed folder
verified no mods
deleted fx cache
ran steam as administrator
checked preferences.script file
followed both lobotomy solutions
Deleted and reinstalled TW: Warhammer 2

I have attached the files that I have, but I don't see any minidump files.

Thanks for your help!
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,155Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Try a clean install of your graphics driver. In other words make sure you remove all files relating to the one you have before trying to install it again.

It may also be worth creating a little more space on your C: drive.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • tdklaustdklaus Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited November 2018
    I tried uninstalling the graphics driver, made some more space on C:drive and it still has the same issue. I lowered the settings to low and things seem to run for a bit, but then crash whenever a battle ends.

It actually crashes steam sometimes too, so I don't know if that is part of the problem.

Thanks for your advice.
    Post edited by tdklaus on
  • tdklaustdklaus Posts: 3Registered Users
    I ended up having to reformat my drive to get things to work properly. I must have had some conflicting driver somewhere causing the issues.

Things seem to work ok for now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file