Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

So what do you think the remaining two DLC lords would be?

pdc4930#3270pdc4930#3270 Registered Users Posts: 491
here is my ideas

DLC Lord: Tehenhauin Prophet of Sotek:
Pretty much a non brainer, Since he is a major part of lizardmen history and probably the most notable Skink ever. hope he get red skink Heros as well
Where he starts is the better question
Location option 1: Itza
this would be a good position as it is close to Clan Pestilens and is the first Lizardmen lengendary lord in lustria proper. May be more diffucult for Skrolk though as he has to deal with Fellheart and Tehenhauin

Location option 2: somewhere in the southlands (Tlaqua): as per the lore, it is believed that Tehenhauin followed the Skaven out of Lustria. the whole campaign and his quests items would be centered around making his way back the Lustria to challenge Clan Pestilens or whoever the Skaven LL is.

FLC lords:
option 1
Gor Rok:
pretty much the favorite of the potential FLC lizard lords. Pretty much a Suarus the size of a Kroxigor or bigger. possibly could have mechanic where he need to go out and take down worthy lord challegers. maybe since lord Kroak is there was well, make him a temporary lord via rite to use deliverance of Itza
Location option 1: Itza
his hometown plus what was said earlier

location option 2: somewhere in the world away from most lizardmen.
many FLC lords seem to be placed away from the homelands of their faction so I think the Lizardmen FLC lord will be no different, but don't know exactly where.

option 2:
Oxyotl
A chemleon Skink that was transported into the chaos realm and managed to survive fighting a gurilla war against Chaos.
Could be cool to get unique Chemleon skink heros with this guy like Alith Anar. also I mechanic I thought of could be his army doesn't take penalties to chaos corruption.

location option 1: somewhere in the chaos wastes or Norsca Albion.
this guy would be primarily be fighting chaos forces and putting him near the Shrine of kaine for ritual currency would fit nicely. also since Albion was made a full captal settlement in mortal empires recently, it could foreshadow a lizard starting there.

Nakai
an intelligent Kroxigor who in the lore took over Albion. don't think he should have no pentalites to chaos corruption but maybe more untainted generation. allow for all subraces of lizardmen to be represented.

location option 1: Albion
same case as Oxyotl

general changes:
give lizardmen access to lore of life
make horned ones not rampage (they are essentially temple guards with mounts)
feel free to suggest more changes

may be making a similar breakdown for Skaven DLC lord and changes to their race (already talked about one aspect already)

Heavily influenced by watching milkandcookies and italianSpartacus
Tagged:

Comments

• Uagrim#4644Uagrim#4644 Registered Users Posts: 2,096
    They added Albion to ME so it is likely we'll see Nakai as a LL.

One change I would love to see is removing rampage from all none feral units.

Skaven

Rattlinggunners: Ap ranged units that should give them some good anti Armour option but also a way to deal with flying units.

• ASyrian#2378ASyrian#2378 Registered Users Posts: 1,341
    edited November 2018
    Sry but flc lm lord will be kroak
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 5,332
    Oxyotl and Nakai are out of the question. I can't even understand why people are thinking they are an option. The first is an assassin, the latter a green knight-type of character. Neither are leaders nor have ever lead armies.

The DLC/FLC lords will be some weird combination of Tehenhauin/Kroak/Gor Rok for lizardmen and Ikit Claw/Thanquol for skaven.

My money is on Ikit Claw/Tehenhauin for DLC and Kroak for FLC. Kroak is far more important in the lore to pass over, I think. Gor Rok does not bring anything new (Kroq Gar does everything he does, but better).

A contender that everyone forgets to mention is Tetto'eko. He may be a hero (just like Gor Rok), but he has lead armies in the past (in the End Times, when the Slann were comatose, he became de-facto leader of all Lizardmen). He also has some unique mechanics (he's an astromancer/seer of some sort), and could be the one to start in Albion.
  • Razmirth#5806Razmirth#5806 CalgaryRegistered Users Posts: 2,286
    probably the same suggestions that have been made above. And for the last year or so.

It’s just cause what else can you add for lizards and skaven....there’s only a few major skaven players to include (ikit claw, thanquol, throt the unclean). And lizardmen are similar situation.

I’d expect a skink LL for lizards. And I’m gonna guess ikit claw for skaven.

Although I’d almost prefer throt so I can have a northern empire start location in hellpit. As it is, each skaven LL start is surrounded by lizards, undead or elves. Ikit claw would be the exact same situation with wood elves, greenskins and vampire coast near by.

I’d like for once to see ratmen vs the empire factions/norscans for a start. I’d be curious to see how they preform when they are not surrounded by all of the incredibly strong elf factions or lizards. Or fear causing undead for that matter. I’d like the option to kill all man things and take over the empire!
  • ReyDReyD Registered Users Posts: 289
    My guess would be :

- Legendary Lord Skaven - Ikit The Claw : He controls Skavenblight, most of the missing units are tied to the Skyre and he can have a new mechanic with unique tech or an "upgrade" system for certain tech units.

- Units Skaven : Jezzails / Ratling gun are far too popular and fun to be ignored + they would work as starters for Ikit.
    I would go with Giant Rats for the last unit. They are not quite popular but I can definitely see them especially with my guess for the new generic hero/lord

- Generic Hero/Lord : The Packmaster , I'm not seeing the Verminlord being added in this DLC and I think we need a representation for the clan Moulder (We already have the Assassin for Eshin, Plague Priest for Pestilens, Warplock engineer for Skyre, Warlord / Grey Seer for everybody and Moulder has nothing ... we need a Packmaster !) He would be specialize in buffing Rat Ogres / Abomination of Hell Pit and the potential new Giant Rats

Stormfiends would be so dope as a unique upgrade version for Ikit ... But it seems unlikely tho.

---------------------------

- Legendary Lord Lizardmen : - Tehenhauin, the Prophet of Sotek He hates and fought Skaven in his lore, he is the most iconic skink lord and he can have a unique "sacrifice" mechanic !

- Units Lizardmen : Hunting packs (Salamanders/Razordon) are far too cool and popular to be ignored too.

Probably the Ark of Sotek as the 4th variant of the Bastiladon... to be fair it fits the theme so well, and it doesn't need a lot of work.

A Feral Troglodon since they are going to design it I can see them using the Troglodon as a unit and a mount !

- Generic Hero/Lord : Obviously Skink Oracle as a Lord with his Troglodon.

Ripperdactyls will probably be too much imo :/
  • Boombastek91Boombastek91 Registered Users Posts: 787
    Razmirth said:

probably the same suggestions that have been made above. And for the last year or so.

It’s just cause what else can you add for lizards and skaven....there’s only a few major skaven players to include (ikit claw, thanquol, throt the unclean). And lizardmen are similar situation.

Although I’d almost prefer throt so I can have a northern empire start location in hellpit. As it is, each skaven LL start is surrounded by lizards, undead or elves. Ikit claw would be the exact same situation with wood elves, greenskins and vampire coast near by.

I’d like for once to see ratmen vs the empire factions/norscans for a start. I’d be curious to see how they preform when they are not surrounded by all of the incredibly strong elf factions or lizards. Or fear causing undead for that matter. I’d like the option to kill all man things and take over the empire!

If throth and clan Moulder, Kislev gonna die before WoC spawn.
    And where you gonna place throt in Vortex, or Ikit.
  • Razmirth#5806Razmirth#5806 CalgaryRegistered Users Posts: 2,286
    edited November 2018

Razmirth said:

I don’t care if kislev dies. It’s an AI faction. There’s more than one faction to fight of WoC spam. And I’d rather fight them and kill archaon myself anyway. Makes it more of a challenge instead of relying on a bunch of other AI factions to get rid of chaos for you.

And I don’t know where to place them in vortex. We can’t keep having only new world/south land start positions in mortal empires, considering there already is for skaven. So I feel it’s irrelevant where they end up in vortex campaign. Queek head takers posistion in vortex is the southern point of the map in the middle of the jungle. In mortal empires it’s just south of greenskins and karak azul.

I’m sure the good folks at CA are capable of figuring something out.
    Razmirth said:

Razmirth said:

I don’t care if kislev dies. It’s an AI faction. There’s more than one faction to fight of WoC spam. And I’d rather fight them and kill archaon myself anyway. Makes it more of a challenge instead of relying on a bunch of other AI factions to get rid of chaos for you.

And I don’t know where to place them in vortex. We can’t keep having only new world/south land start positions in mortal empires, considering there already is for skaven. So I feel it’s irrelevant where they end up in vortex campaign. Queek head takers posistion in vortex is the southern point of the map in the middle of the jungle. In mortal empires it’s just south of greenskins and karak azul.

I’m sure the good folks at CA are capable of figuring something out.
    But still i think setlement with 750 income is something too much for starting province. Only Hag gref can be compare with Skavenblight and Hell pit. Cos landmark 800 income + resourse. But it chalenge take Hag grief before Malekith.
  • Trebor7Trebor7 Registered Users Posts: 108
    Tenehuain and Nakai. Nakai not being a general in the lore doesn't matter. Wulfrik didnt lead armies on the back of mammoth. Cylostra didnt even exist. Things can be shufflef about as seen fit and a Throgg sized kroxigor general in albion would be welcome indeed
    Trebors Garrison Overhaul
    Trebors Legendary Trait Overhaul
    Trebors Trait Overhaul
  • Sir_Godspeed#8395Sir_Godspeed#8395 Registered Users Posts: 3,642
    Sonny and Cher.
  • ns2hivesight@gmail.com[email protected] Registered Users Posts: 139
    Well I fought Skaveblight recently and they popped a stone on me that provides - 25 magic resistance so Ikit Claw confirmed?
  • Tyrant#1234Tyrant#1234 Registered Users Posts: 4,126
    My guess is Tehenhauin vs Ikit Claw as the DLC lords
    Nakai as FLC lord starting on Albion

Kroak wouldn't be an LL IMO his lore lends itself to being a summonable hero like the Green Knight.

Oxyotl will probably be FLC for game 3 if at all

The big ??? for me is Thanquol but no idea when or how he'll get added
    1234 I declare a thumb war! 5678 I use this hand to mass-debate!
  • LordSolarMach#5538LordSolarMach#5538 Registered Users Posts: 2,302

Well I fought Skaveblight recently and they popped a stone on me that provides - 25 magic resistance so Ikit Claw confirmed?

Mors, Pestilens, Skryre, Eshin, and Moulder have all had their special Clanstones from the game's launch (you just needed to use a faction unlocker to actually play the latter three).
    Abmong said:

My guess is Tehenhauin vs Ikit Claw as the DLC lords
    Nakai as FLC lord starting on Albion

Kroak wouldn't be an LL IMO his lore lends itself to being a summonable hero like the Green Knight.

Oxyotl will probably be FLC for game 3 if at all

The big ??? for me is Thanquol but no idea when or how he'll get added

Nakai, not sure about lord Kroxigores, they are surely weak as t4 unit, MD less than most of t2 infantry, not even say about Anti-large AP infantry.
  • Gabs88Gabs88 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 365
    ReyD said:

My guess would be :

- Legendary Lord Skaven - Ikit The Claw : He controls Skavenblight, most of the missing units are tied to the Skyre and he can have a new mechanic with unique tech or an "upgrade" system for certain tech units.

- Units Skaven : Jezzails / Ratling gun are far too popular and fun to be ignored + they would work as starters for Ikit.
    I would go with Giant Rats for the last unit. They are not quite popular but I can definitely see them especially with my guess for the new generic hero/lord

- Generic Hero/Lord : The Packmaster , I'm not seeing the Verminlord being added in this DLC and I think we need a representation for the clan Moulder (We already have the Assassin for Eshin, Plague Priest for Pestilens, Warplock engineer for Skyre, Warlord / Grey Seer for everybody and Moulder has nothing ... we need a Packmaster !) He would be specialize in buffing Rat Ogres / Abomination of Hell Pit and the potential new Giant Rats

Stormfiends would be so dope as a unique upgrade version for Ikit ... But it seems unlikely tho.

---------------------------

- Legendary Lord Lizardmen : - Tehenhauin, the Prophet of Sotek He hates and fought Skaven in his lore, he is the most iconic skink lord and he can have a unique "sacrifice" mechanic !

- Units Lizardmen : Hunting packs (Salamanders/Razordon) are far too cool and popular to be ignored too.

Probably the Ark of Sotek as the 4th variant of the Bastiladon... to be fair it fits the theme so well, and it doesn't need a lot of work.

A Feral Troglodon since they are going to design it I can see them using the Troglodon as a unit and a mount !

- Generic Hero/Lord : Obviously Skink Oracle as a Lord with his Troglodon.

Ripperdactyls will probably be too much imo :/

This seems logical. However I am not sure about the Packmaster, would make sense, but not adding the Verminlord would be a missed opportunity. Also, I think we might see a fourth unit added to the list you mentioned, maybe the Doom-flayer or the Poisoned Wind-Mortar
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Registered Users Posts: 2,377
    Either Kroak, Gor-Rok, or Oxoytl as FLC. Those three are more likely in my book as they all were lords on TT (Oxoytl might be a hero), or at least were on TT. Nakai could still be added, but it wouldn't make much sense for him to be commanding an army, as he is more of a hero that comes and goes and he is, well, a Kroxigor. Kroak in Itza, Gor-Rok in Albion, Tehennhauin somewhere killing Skaven, and Oxoytl somewhere up north fight chaos would be a dream come true.

My Prophet of Sotek boi is almost guaranteed as the DLC lord.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,746
    Space Marine Rat and Skink Prophet.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
    Idk albion land of chaos corruption, mind me any LL that had starting setlement was not in green landscape, i cant remind any one.
  • Bloodydagger#9716Bloodydagger#9716 Registered Users Posts: 4,818
    Fossoway said:

Neither are leaders nor have ever lead armies.

This is beginning to be an old and tired argument here. CA has clearly put Lords in who didn't lead armies in the lore who........ lead armies in their game. So honestly, that argument is moot.
  • Bloodydagger#9716Bloodydagger#9716 Registered Users Posts: 4,818
    edited November 2018
    And I think the LL's will be Tehenhauin, Gor-Rok and Thanquol.

And Kroak would be a dumb LL for obvious reasons.
  • Patrikseve#8733Patrikseve#8733 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,129
    Theres some pretty cool fanmade army books for them besides the official canon and lore so I mean while I fully understand they wouldnt I think its possible. I was suspecting we might see some form of expedition force in game 3 while not perhaps playable or fleshed out at launch for maybe Cthay or Ind just to spice it up. But if game 3 does well I see no issue with making a far east game and maybe combining that aswell to the other into an almost global Warhammer experience.

https://issuu.com/m4cr1ii3n/docs/warhammer_armies_-_kingdoms_of_ind
  • #21546#21546 Registered Users Posts: 4,761
    What is a Must have for me is :

Tehenhuim as a LL

Red crested skinks as cheap 500-600 gold ap infatry( nasty skulkers style) to have an alternative for saurus as a frontline.

Razordon and Salamanders

Rework of the rampage mechanic and take it away from Saurus, Horned ones.

Rework of the geomantic web, now its boring its just passive buffs for your cities that are not even that good srly, plus they cost tons of money and building slots to upgrade. Its srly a boring mechanic

What id like to see

Nakai, would make each LM race represented, I think Gor rok is more likely, but considering the White Dwarf made it in, Nakai is possible. Imagine a Giant Kroxigor as a LL mannnn thats sick.

Maybe add another variation to the kroxigors ( 1 unit is not a lot for a main race of the LM)

Ripperdactyl

Engine of the Gods

Thats pretty much it.

I srly Cannot wait to play Ten, having finally a new LM LL to play with !!!!

• #21546#21546 Registered Users Posts: 4,761
    Fossoway said:

Oxyotl and Nakai are out of the question. I can't even understand why people are thinking they are an option. The first is an assassin, the latter a green knight-type of character. Neither are leaders nor have ever lead armies.

The DLC/FLC lords will be some weird combination of Tehenhauin/Kroak/Gor Rok for lizardmen and Ikit Claw/Thanquol for skaven.

My money is on Ikit Claw/Tehenhauin for DLC and Kroak for FLC. Kroak is far more important in the lore to pass over, I think. Gor Rok does not bring anything new (Kroq Gar does everything he does, but better).

A contender that everyone forgets to mention is Tetto'eko. He may be a hero (just like Gor Rok), but he has lead armies in the past (in the End Times, when the Slann were comatose, he became de-facto leader of all Lizardmen). He also has some unique mechanics (he's an astromancer/seer of some sort), and could be the one to start in Albion.

The thing is that none of the carachters you said leads armies, Kroak is a mummy, Gor rok is a legendary warrior spearheading LM assaults not in any way the tactician, Oxyotl I agree tough.

I also really like the idea of Tetto'eko or Tic tac Toe as they are the obly true leader of armies, but keep in mind that Nakai is extremely similar to Grombrindal.

I did not think he would make it at first, but knowing that none of the remaining carachters really leads army, Kroxigors are not represented as LL, Albion has been added to ME and the similarities with Grombrindal, I think it is actually really likely.

Impretty sure Kroak wont be in, he doesnt really bring a whole lot, I think he should be included as a rite or Legendary hero.

I think,, for me its a 45/45 betwern gor rok and Nakai, while the 10% is for a suprise pic such as Tic tac toe, Ghorst style.

• PoorManatee6197#6481PoorManatee6197#6481 Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    edited November 2018
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!

IT'S HOBGOBBO TIME!!!!!!!
    #JusticeForKurgan