Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New gaming pc for present and future TW titles

TommaatjeTommaatje Posts: 1Registered Users
I saved up a bit of money and free time and would like to build a new pc to conquer the old and new world! But I'm also wondering what build would be a good compromise between value and performance.

What it has to do
The build has to be able to play the present and future (3k and twh3) total war games at 60fps at a resolution of 1440p.

Price range
My budget is around 2000 euro's. It can cost a bit more or less..

My own selection
Intel i7-9700k
Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming
MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio
Corsair 16gb at 3.2GHz
Corsair 550W power supply
Samsung 970 Evo 1TB 3.4gb/s reading speed

The other components I have a good idea on. Its mostly these components that I'm not sure on and would like some feedback for.

Things that I'm considering are:
Intel vs AMD cpu: As Intel is still a bit better in gaming performance, and TW gamers are cpu intensive I chose Intel.
The speed of the memory and SSD are high to minimize the load times between campaign and battles. But maybe these are abit overkill?

I would really like your feedback on this, thanks in advance!

Comments

• LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,048Registered Users
    Future TW titles or TW title? If just for the current and maybe next 2 major titles, then stick with Intel unless you wand to spend another 2k in 3-4 years time.

If AMD, maybe only 1k within that same time so if for example you got Ryzen 2700 now, you may need to upgrade the CPU only as AM4 will support few more gen upgrades.

With Intel, probably the whole cpu and motherboard and maybe even ram if Intel decides to go DDR5 for next gen.

Anyways, if you just go by performance numbers, then Intel still tops today.
  • GreenKing1GreenKing1 Senior Member Posts: 630Registered Users
    Ryzen doesn't give good performance in total war games, i got rid of my ryzen cause performance wasn't very smooth at all and went back to intel. If you can afford it, go for intel.
  • psychoakpsychoak Posts: 1,983Registered Users
    Get a better power supply. 550W is insufficient for that build, first of all. Second, Corsair is a crap power supply. Their more expensive ones are tolerable, but you still need a 650W for that build, not a 550W.

I'd get a Seasonic Titanium Prime Ultra, but that's just me.