Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Total War launcher beta update and feedback thread.

2»

Comments

• celia_cacelia_ca Posts: 16Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff
    Ectelion said:

sorry in advance i am not a native speaker :=)

first issue:
    the launcher takes about 1-2 minutes to delete a mod without cancelling its subscription

second issue: the mods deleted reappear after restarting the launcher

third: refresh button not working at all

suggestion: it would be nice to be able to open the mod itself on the workshop (like the previous launcher) it's a small thing but very important to me, sometimes in order to see other mods requested and comments.

edit: sorry i didn't see the link to the workshop in the info panel,so i would restore the way of the older one, i mean accessing to the steamworkshop by clicking on the name of the mod without the need to open the info.
    Also i noticed that you can open only the info panel if the mod is enabled, please let us do it in any case.

edit 2: clicking disabling all the mods, launching the game and restarting it = keeps loading and it says 0 subscriptions (i checked on the workshop and its all fine there)

https://imgur.com/JoUe7Up

so far i didn't manage to solve the problem, all my mods seem to be vanished.
    i went back to the old launcher, it sees my mods, i updated again to the new one, still 0 mods...
    I also noticed that the mods that resulted as "cloud faded" loaded perfectly on the old one.

sorry for the confusion/amount of informations, i hope to help.

thanks!

Thanks a lot for the feedback. The dev team is currently working on improving certain reported issues with the Mod Manager. Can you please let us know how many mods you are currently subscribed to for the game? And is this happening for subscribed mods only or for your own created mods?

• Surtur32Surtur32 Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    I like new launcher! But have one question: what's up with older Total War titles - Medieval 2, Rome, Napoleon, Empire, Shogun 2, etc.? There will be one launcher for all Total War games, or just they will be updated, and there will be sepatate launcher for this games too, like latest Total War releases? Thanks for your respondes :)
  • EctelionEctelion Posts: 12Registered Users
    celia_ca said:

Ectelion said:

sorry in advance i am not a native speaker :=)

first issue:
    the launcher takes about 1-2 minutes to delete a mod without cancelling its subscription

second issue: the mods deleted reappear after restarting the launcher

third: refresh button not working at all

suggestion: it would be nice to be able to open the mod itself on the workshop (like the previous launcher) it's a small thing but very important to me, sometimes in order to see other mods requested and comments.

edit: sorry i didn't see the link to the workshop in the info panel,so i would restore the way of the older one, i mean accessing to the steamworkshop by clicking on the name of the mod without the need to open the info.
    Also i noticed that you can open only the info panel if the mod is enabled, please let us do it in any case.

edit 2: clicking disabling all the mods, launching the game and restarting it = keeps loading and it says 0 subscriptions (i checked on the workshop and its all fine there)

https://imgur.com/JoUe7Up

so far i didn't manage to solve the problem, all my mods seem to be vanished.
    i went back to the old launcher, it sees my mods, i updated again to the new one, still 0 mods...
    I also noticed that the mods that resulted as "cloud faded" loaded perfectly on the old one.

sorry for the confusion/amount of informations, i hope to help.

thanks!

Thanks a lot for the feedback. The dev team is currently working on improving certain reported issues with the Mod Manager. Can you please let us know how many mods you are currently subscribed to for the game? And is this happening for subscribed mods only or for your own created mods?

thanks for the answer, i m currently subscribed to 141 mod, it's happening for every mods, mine as well.
  • Draco100000Draco100000 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Last time I wrote about the launcher I was able to use it perfectly. Today i just tried to get into my modded campaing, but for some reason the launcher is not activating any of my mods. i dont know What is causing the issue. I will roll back to standard version for now.
  • Tom_RokzoTom_Rokzo Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hello dear CA. Question about the new launcher - will be added the ability to run add-ons for Medieval 2 directly from the launcher?
  • Haradrim95Haradrim95 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Evening

Came across quite a bad bug when using the new mod manager.

When activating a mod, the whole launcher screen turns dark grey. There is no way to solve this issue other than closing it down and starting it back up just for the launcher to turn grey again when activating another mod.

• Frodo45127Frodo45127 Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users
    celia_ca said:

Tried to upload a mod with the new launcher and I got this:

@Frodo45127 Thanks for the feedback, were you able to upload the mod after trying again, or did you see this error every time? Also, did this affect one mod only, or different mods?
    Sorry for taking so much time to answer, didn't saw the response. Despite that error, the mod was uploaded (new mod, not updating an already uploaded one), but the steam workshop wasn't automatically open in the browser like it usually does when it's done uploading. Haven't tried uploading a new mod again.
  • celia_cacelia_ca Posts: 16Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff
    Thanks a lot for your feedback and replies. The dev team is actively working on the problems reported with the Mod Manager.

And also thanks for the additional feature suggestions as well! We will pass these over to the team for consideration for future releases.

Last time I wrote about the launcher I was able to use it perfectly. Today i just tried to get into my modded campaing, but for some reason the launcher is not activating any of my mods. i dont know What is causing the issue. I will roll back to standard version for now.

Thanks for the info @Draco100000 can you confirm if this happened on WARHAMMER I or a different game?
  • WestonGWestonG Posts: 3Registered Users
    The mod manager presents a solid grey screen.
  • neoiq5719neoiq5719 Senior Member Posts: 175Registered Users
    edited January 3
    The mods dont seem to load with the new launcher so I went back to the old one and they work now. Something is going on with this new one.
    Post edited by neoiq5719 on
  • DumbledoodDumbledood Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited January 3
    Just thought I'd also say that the ability to save profiles or sets of mods to be used in conjunction with each other would be great, and is really the only thing missing from the new mod manager.

Otherwise, the new launcher looks a lot cleaner, and thank you for taking the communities feedback into consideration as well as continuing to support the game in various ways. Happy new year!

Edit: Any super rough estimates on when this will be released for TWWH2? Judging by the bug reports, not for a little bit.
  • JiushiJiushi Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited January 13
    This was probably suggested before but please take a good look at Kaedrins Mod Manager. It has some awesome features like the possibility to save different profiles/modlists for the same game (must have) or that it shows possible conflicts etc.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1399787504
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/8kadex/kaedrins_mod_manager_news/

Or to say it bluntly, just copy the features you see on these sites and you got what we want/need for a good mod manager. If you do so I think Kaedrin would also love to hear from you guys in person.
    Post edited by Jiushi on
2»