Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Total War launcher beta update and feedback thread.

13»

Comments

• chikachochikacho Registered Users Posts: 2
    Hi, I can't find the way to switch from directx 12 to directx 11. It used to be easy if I remember correctly. How can I do it now?
  • SagrandaSagranda Registered Users Posts: 1,659
    chikacho said:

Hi, I can't find the way to switch from directx 12 to directx 11. It used to be easy if I remember correctly. How can I do it now?

Below the "Play" and "Continue Campaign" buttons is the "Launch Options" one. There you can choose between DX11 and DX12.
    Disclaimer: What I say is my opinion and not necessarily stated as fact.
  • AdKr5AdKr5 Registered Users Posts: 20
    First few days of using the launcher were lag free...... but now it's very unresponsive and laggy whenever I try to scroll up or down, or I activate deactivate mods it really lags, takes a few moments to respond to the action, just like the old one.....

what's the problem ?
  • fang3412fang3412 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Hi, um changing the load order doesnt actually change anything...

A little bit irritating, not like i can't live with it though,

thanks in advance!
  • AdKr5AdKr5 Registered Users Posts: 20
    edited March 2019
    Ok so I have to manually delete the Launcher folder in my UserName/Roaming/Creative Assembly directory.....
    Now the launcher works normally without any lag.... I guess because BETA...

I would like to recommend a change that may seem simple, but it's actually very handy.
    Instead of having to Drag and Drop the mods to change the load order, wouldn't it be smarter adding an option to manually change the # itself.

So basically that load order number on the left of the mod, make it possible to just click it and manually change it whatever number you want.

This would make the whole process like 10x faster
    Post edited by AdKr5 on
  • Maldorr1Maldorr1 Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2019
    After the new update for TWW2, when u came up with the new LAUNCHER have there only been issues with co-op. me and my friend, cant join each other. with the same mods. we had an old game and cant continue or save we had. Then we tries to make a new one and the same happens. The "incompatilable version" comes now. and we have the same versions. from the mods and the game version, thats being showen in the right corner.
    we have used more than 1 week just to find the issue and nothing work. som it must be the new update, that have a files, that cant accept all mods and only some. please find out what to do, and hope u are reading it......
  • FredenFreden Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 440
    Any idea when the mod manager/launcher will be working again to enable mods? We have to use an external mod manager at the moment to use mods.
  • PaintedOnePaintedOne Registered Users Posts: 2
    Since yesterday (which I believe the launcher update was released) I cannot load any total war game (Have tried warhammer 1, 2 and Atilla). I click the play button and the button goes a greyish colour but nothing else happens. In addition if I load up the mod manager non of my mods appear and instead there is a loading wheel which doesn't stop spinning.

I have verified game integrity and have reinstalled warhammer 2, neither of which have changed the situation. Does anyone have any suggests? would certainly appreciate some help!
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,045

Since yesterday (which I believe the launcher update was released) I cannot load any total war game (Have tried warhammer 1, 2 and Atilla). I click the play button and the button goes a greyish colour but nothing else happens. In addition if I load up the mod manager non of my mods appear and instead there is a loading wheel which doesn't stop spinning.

I have verified game integrity and have reinstalled warhammer 2, neither of which have changed the situation. Does anyone have any suggests? would certainly appreciate some help!

Delete the Launcher folder in C:\Users\YourUserName\Roaming\The Creative Assembly.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • PaintedOnePaintedOne Registered Users Posts: 2

Delete the Launcher folder in C:\Users\YourUserName\Roaming\The Creative Assembly.
    That's great! thanks mate, Friday evening is back on track!
  • BlitzMaester1700BlitzMaester1700 Registered Users Posts: 1
    So here's the thing. I like this new update and all, but it wasn't broken before, and now it's even more so now. Not only that, over 90% of my mods aren't compatible anymore, I was enjoying my games and mods until this nearly useless update came in and ruined it. I spent hundreds of hours on your launcher and I would like to know on how to revert to the old one.

• congobatocongobato Registered Users Posts: 4
    My launcher not have the Beta character in logo. What have problem with them?
    Lets me know if anyone can fix it, please!!!!

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,045
    congobato said:

Since the announcement last November the launcher has come out of beta to full release so the beta tag will no longer show.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

congobato said:

Since the announcement last November the launcher has come out of beta to full release so the beta tag will no longer show.
    Thanks @BillyRuffian ! So, i don't known why I can't run any the mod in workshop if I used the last version of launcher?

Please help me resolve this issue!

Thanks
    Try deleting the launcher folder that can be found at C;\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Appdata\Roaming\The Creative Assembly - this will create a fresh version when you next launch - then verifying the game cache, and also clearing your Steam download cache.

Thanks @BillyRuffian so much! I was tried it but it still issue.
    Just another thought: you're not opted into any betas are you? If so try opting out of them.

Thanks @BillyRuffian . Maybe it is a best choose for me, now.
    The end, thanks so much for all.
  • nailek333nailek333 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Tell me what you can do with Lanucher Total Warhammer 2, it just does not start