Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Rome 2 - CTD When Starting a New Campaign

OzgunGoksuOzgunGoksu Registered Users Posts: 8
edited December 2018 in Rome II Support
Greetings, friends. Yesterday, I bought Rome 2 but I have a big problem with the campaign. First of all, I have also Attila and Warhammer I & II and I do not have any problem with them. In Rome II, however, when I try to start a new campaign, loading bar is stuck halfway and the campaign map is not loaded. Either the game crashes or I have to end it via Alt + F4 shortcut. Custom battles, on the other hand, work just fine. Because of this bug, I have yet to see the campaign map. If it helps, my system can handle Warhammer and Attila on Max-High settings on 30 fps so I should not have a problem relating to insufficient system resources.

My specs:

Intel Core i5 7300HQ 2.5 Ghz Base 3.5 Ghz Turbo
8 GB RAM DDR4 2400 Mhz
256 GB SSD
GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB GDDR 5
Windows 10 Pro x64

(No mods installed by the way.)
Post edited by OzgunGoksu on

Comments

• OzgunGoksuOzgunGoksu Registered Users Posts: 8
    I still have this problem. Any help would be appreciated.
    edited December 2018
    Update: I think I've found what the problem is. Even though I've never installed mods, there is an asterisk next to the build number so this shows that my game files are modified in a way. Interestingly, when I look to the logs folder in appdata directory, I see there is a text file named "modified" and it says "invasion.pack missing". I haven't been able to remove the asterisk despite whatever I did (verifying files, deleting Rome2 folder in appdata etc.).

What does this mean? I do not have all the DLC's but I don't think it has anything to do with the problem. Also, which DLC is "invasion.pack" file associated with? Rise of the Republic, perhaps?
    Post edited by OzgunGoksu on
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 19,510
    I suggest opening a ticket here

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/sections/200580731-Total-War-ROME-II

Select "Submit a Request" available in the upper right corner of the page.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
    Thank you for your interest. I submitted a ticket.
    edited December 2018
    Now I am quite sure this is not a problem on my part since I've tried everything imaginable and do not have any problems with other TW games installed on my PC. As I said earlier, modified.log file says I have "invasion.pack" missing even if I do not have Rise of the Republic, which is the DLC invasion.pack file belongs to, so I'm theorizing that for some reason the main game requires invasion.pack file but the people not owning the DLC are experiencing occasional crashes due to their games not being complete, thus the asterisk near the build number.