Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Drycha - Forest Beast

Bies#4376Bies#4376 Junior MemberSwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,717

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Tagged:

Comments

• miniaaar#1207miniaaar#1207 Registered Users Posts: 1,785
    My wish is that every race gets at least 4 LLs at the end of the whole trilogy.

Wood Elves would of course benefit from this.
    To maintain the balance between Elves and forest spirits, Drycha is a no-brainer candidate.
    The other Wood Elf LL could be picked among: Ariel, Araloth, the Sisters of Twilight and why not Oreon, for the lolz.
    My preference is for Ariel, but I wouldn't mind any of the other possibilities.

Beastmen should get ideally get Taurox the BrassBull (and a Doombull regular lord choice. Come on, just fancy up the Gorebull a little and we can have both).

Warriors of Chaos, there are so many characters to choose from.
    Ideally, there would be an LL associated to each god:
    Khorne: Valkia the Bloody
    Nurgle: Festus the Leechlord
    Tzeentch: Vilich the Curseling or Galrauch the Great Drake. (who doesn't want a Dragon LL?)
    Slaanesh: Sigvald is already here
    Undivided: Archaon and Khotek can remain undivided, no problem.

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,919
    One of the weirdest way to spell Sisters of Twilight but then I'm not really versed in Elven language.

Drycha is nice but not as nice as Ariel and SoT.
  • lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 7,161
    Yes drycha rise, this is the beginning.

There is a mod that adds her and I’m using it, but she’s rather weak. She buffs dryads from rank 7 and above only, makes no sense
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,471
    Bit pointless unless they bring more forest spirits with her, surely? Be like playing an even more restrictive Durthu.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • kelembribor21kelembribor21 Registered Users Posts: 228
    If anything she has two things going for her. But since Orion and Durthu are more spirits I feel game would benefit from Asrai Legendary Lord along with Ariel .
  • Lord of CinderLord of Cinder Registered Users Posts: 472
    Gief sisters with shared healthpool being able to fight in two places at once. Drycha is nothing compared to the potential of those two.
  • Loupi#8512Loupi#8512 Registered Users Posts: 3,674

If anything she has two things going for her. But since Orion and Durthu are more spirits I feel game would benefit from Asrai Legendary Lord along with Ariel .

Ariel is as much a spirit as Orion is, she just represents a different aspect of the forest to Orion.

Adding Drycha comes with the difficulty of having only three forest spirit units and no good start position (unless the wild wood is added) and she would need new campaign mechanics to represent her hatred of the wood elves otherwise she won't make sense.

Maybe she could be implemented as a late game invasion, like archaon.

Battle wise I reckon she'd be basically a heavily armoured version of hellebron with lore of shadow, which would be pretty awesome.

• kevManiac#4754kevManiac#4754 Registered Users Posts: 1,047
    Some day, I hope the WE get their 4 LLs, like every major race should have! Drycha seems interesting, but a bit more restrictive than Durthu...
    Races I'd like to see, in order of preference: Chaos Dwarfs, Southern Realm/ DoW, Araby, Nippon, Hobgoblin Kharnate, Kuresh, Ind.
    Louis_1 said:

Ariel is as much a spirit as Orion is, she just represents a different aspect of the forest to Orion.

Adding Drycha comes with the difficulty of having only three forest spirit units and no good start position (unless the wild wood is added) and she would need new campaign mechanics to represent her hatred of the wood elves otherwise she won't make sense.

Maybe she could be implemented as a late game invasion, like archaon.

Battle wise I reckon she'd be basically a heavily armoured version of hellebron with lore of shadow, which would be pretty awesome.
    I meant in sense that Orion and Ariel are merged Asrai with spirits so they are kinda half in my opinion at least, Durthu and Drycha I consider full spirits of Athel Loren and Araloth , Naestra and Arahan , Skarloc or Daith I consider Asrai.
  • wunderb0r#2088wunderb0r#2088 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,180
    edited November 2018
    why them mammary glands tho

Edited to be slightly less crass.
    Cheers, Canuovea
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 7,073
    Arsenic said:

Bit pointless unless they bring more forest spirits with her, surely? Be like playing an even more restrictive Durthu.

There is literally nothing in the TT rules that prevented Drycha from fielding Asrai units in an army lead by her... Yes, she distrusts Wood Elves, but she also begrudgingly acknowledges that Athel Loren is safer with them there.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 5,666
    MiniaAr said:

To maintain the balance between Elves and forest spirits, Drycha is a no-brainer candidate.
    The other Wood Elf LL could be picked among: Ariel, Araloth, the Sisters of Twilight and why not Oreon, for the lolz.

Beastmen should get ideally get Taurox the BrassBull (and a Doombull regular lord choice. Come on, just fancy up the Gorebull a little and we can have both).

Tzeentch: Vilich the Curseling or Galrauch the Great Drake. (who doesn't want a Dragon LL?)

Why should a balance between elves and forest spirits be maintained? The army book was called wood elves, not wood elves and forest spirits. Forest spirits are secondary, and Drycha is a LL with little to no interest, neither from a tactical perspective nor model perspective (just another branchwraith). Even Coeddil would be a better option.

Give me Ariel and sisters of twilight.
    Pocman said:

MiniaAr said:

Asking for both belies a severe lack of understanding of the faction...

Pocman said:

MiniaAr said:

It's just one of the hypotheses that they are parts of split Ariel.

Pocman said:

MiniaAr said:

The matter of fact is: that they only appeared after Ariel secluded herself. They are servants of Ariel and Ariel alone. If they were to be included, they would be LLs of the same faction as Ariel, not a seperate faction of their own.

And if Ariel were to be included, she would be a part of Orion's faction (more like Orion would be part of her's, but anyway..), which would consolidate 3 LLs in ONE Wood Elf faction..
  • Loupi#8512Loupi#8512 Registered Users Posts: 3,674

The matter of fact is: that they only appeared after Ariel secluded herself. They are servants of Ariel and Ariel alone. If they were to be included, they would be LLs of the same faction as Ariel, not a seperate faction of their own.

And if Ariel were to be included, she would be a part of Orion's faction (more like Orion would be part of her's, but anyway..), which would consolidate 3 LLs in ONE Wood Elf faction..

but didn't sisters stick around during end times, after ariel came out and merged with alarielle?

Pocman said:

MiniaAr said:

Isn't Louen servant of Fay Enchantress? If Tyrion can fight Alarielle and his brother then separating SoT and Ariel should not be much of an issue.
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 2,313
    Ariel is honestly not a very good lord choice. She hasn't had rules since 5th edition so she'd need a load of design work and GW supervision to create. Her physical design is aloo terrible imo, why does she have huge butterfly wings and a fairy queen theme when nothing else in the WE lore or army even slightly reflects those themes. She's honestly heavily outdated and they'd need to bring her design up to date to have her fit in. She'd be far better if she looked like allariel from AoS.
    Rob18446 said:

Ariel is honestly not a very good lord choice. She hasn't had rules since 5th edition so she'd need a load of design work and GW supervision to create. Her physical design is aloo terrible imo, why does she have huge butterfly wings and a fairy queen theme when nothing else in the WE lore or army even slightly reflects those themes. She's honestly heavily outdated and they'd need to bring her design up to date to have her fit in. She'd be far better if she looked like allariel from AoS.

Possible they will have to update rules but in 8th they added new artwork (in center and top compared to Orion which fits his design) so I don't think that would be so difficult.