Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

reminder to CA that Gor-Rok is the perfect candidate for Itza's LL

TWforumUN1989TWforumUN1989 Registered Users Posts: 221
edited November 2018 in General Discussion

Comments

• MakoTheMakoMakoTheMako Registered Users Posts: 1,246
    Tehenhauin or bust!

die about it

• Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    Tehenhauin and Gor-Rok!
  • TWforumUN1989TWforumUN1989 Registered Users Posts: 221
    edited October 2019
    -
    Post edited by TWforumUN1989 on
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,669
    I cant help but want Kroak despite him being a glorified grail reliquae.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • SbygneusSbygneus Registered Users Posts: 995
    edited November 2018
    I would much prefer that flying lord, Tiq-Taq or something like that.

p.s. oh sorry he is probably only a special hero
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 4,858

I cant help but want Kroak despite him being a glorified grail reliquae.

with an artillery attack.

• CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 15,459
    Gor-Rok is another big saurus. He'd be fine, but not as interesting as some other options.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • ThousandScoundrelsThousandScoundrels Registered Users Posts: 36
    Tehenhauin starts at Itza, boosts skinks, and can summon Kroak via a rite. Regular Slann recruitment moved to number of settlements linked via Geomantic web.

We know Kroak will raze cities singelhandedly, but it's unclear if he'll be usable in battle as well. Think Green Knight + Doom Engineer combo.

Of course, I could be wrong, and the next LL is Kroak. Which would still be cool. Relic Priests are bomb.
  • ChukchataChukchata Registered Users Posts: 901
    I'm hoping for Nakai as the FLC, frankly, as I think a named, big-ass Kroxigor half-covered in treasure would look incredible.

Land is Kislev, Kislev is Land! We are Kislev!

Proud Elspeth von Draken partisan
  • MisterSquidMisterSquid Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 1,443
    4uk4ata said:

I'm hoping for Nakai as the FLC, frankly, as I think a named, big-ass Kroxigor half-covered in treasure would look incredible.

Agreed. Give him Albion as a starting location and I'm set.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Currently eagerly awaiting the Ogre Kingdoms!
  • LordGorfeldLordGorfeld Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2018
    Personally I would use Gor-Rok or Tehenhauin as a big DLC vs another new faction like ogres or a new Lord like thanquol and boneripper for skaven
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,522
    edited November 2018
    Sbygneus said:

I would much prefer that flying lord, Tiq-Taq or something like that.

p.s. oh sorry he is probably only a special hero

Yeah! TiqTakTo offers new gameplay which is flying LL compared to another Gor Rok who is another Saurus.

Tehenhuain
    Nakai
    Tiqtakto, whatever spelling that is
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 4,792
    Why do some people want Gor-Rok so bad? He's just another Saurus. Apart from being albino, there's nothing unique about him. Kroq-Gar does everything he does, but better.

I'd much rather have Kroak or Tetto'eko, at least they'd bring something new. And as much as Nakai is awesome, he's still just a Kroxigor and NOT a leader, even less a general. Putting him in charge of an army makes no sense.
  • DabilaDabila Registered Users Posts: 27
    The lizardmen has 4 species, we already got LL for two of them (saurus and slann). So i will expect get one for the skink and one for the kroxigor (and there is only one kroxigor)
    edited October 2019
    -
    edited October 2019
    -
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 4,804
    edited November 2018
    Gor-Rok should start in Itza as Free LC and Tehenhuain should be the main vs character, starting out in Deaths Head Monument.

Then you add more skaven to the Southlands where some of the lizardmen are right now, splitting up the provinces a bit. The Skaven LL could be Ikit Claw out of the Western side of Lustria somewhere.
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 4,792
    The real question here is who is going to start in Albion? Because there are two possibilities: Lizardmen or Dogs of War. And if it's a Lizardmen lord, then it's definitely not going to be Gor-Rok (as he is from Itza and should start in Itza).
    edited October 2019
    -
    edited October 2019
    -
  • GodWillTellGodWillTell Registered Users Posts: 1,148
    Isn't Gor-Rok a giant tank albino saurus, like as large as a Kroxigor but stronger as hell?

I would love to see Gor-Rok as the FLC Lord.
    I have doubts about Tehenhahuin as DLC Lord. I mean are we really, really sure about his presence in the game like we all think?
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 1,170
    edited November 2018
    Fossoway said:

Why do some people want Gor-Rok so bad? He's just another Saurus. Apart from being albino, there's nothing unique about him. Kroq-Gar does everything he does, but better.

I'd much rather have Kroak or Tetto'eko, at least they'd bring something new. And as much as Nakai is awesome, he's still just a Kroxigor and NOT a leader, even less a general. Putting him in charge of an army makes no sense.

I really don't get it. That's like saying Vlad would be pointless because Mannfred is already in game. They are both casters, both vampires, but obviously Mannfred has a dragon, so that should make poor old no-mount Vlad utterly pointless?
    Yea no, the two play completely differently and both are very valid choices. Vlad was a great addition to the game.

Kroq is one of my favourite lords, but he's essentially a Carnosaur with a couple of extra abilities. He's a monster unit, anti-large, armorpierceing, with great mass and speed. You use him to run through the frontline, break the backline, go for enemy lords or other monster units, cycle charge in and out.

How would that be in any possible way similar to essentially a Grimgor/Throgg equivalent of the Lizardmen? A very tanky foot lord, with great splash damage, anti-infantry, a lot of HP, incredible mass. I'm 100% sure CA would do an amazing job with him gameplay wise, and he would be in no thinkable way similar to Kroq.
    I mean is the point really just about them both being Saurus...?
    Remember when everybody was whining about Tretch being just a Queek copy? Yea they sure feel like the same lord huh..

And Kroak as a LL? Sure if you want to completely ruin his fluff and miss the point of his character in the lizardmen lore. "Inventing" him again in order to make him an incredibly dumbed down version of himself for balance reasons, having him casually chat in diplomacy with other random faction leaders, would be such a disservice to the character.
    He's essentially a dead nuke the LM carry into battle in desperate times. He has one single spell and that's it: the Deliverance of Itza.

Kroak is THE prefect OP rite / mechanic for the Itza faction that will become playable. Make him an incredibly powerful rite with a long cooldown capable of blowing up an entire city or army or something. Or make it a battle ability you can get for a set amount of turns after a though and long quest line. Just pleaseCA, DONT make him an underpowered and completely unoriginal re-invented version of himself.

You're not fine with Gor-Rok cause he'd be too similar to Kroq but you're happy with a fully-fledged dumbed down caster version of Kroak or Tetto'eko (both casters on palanquins)...cause that wouldn't be similar to Mazdamundi or even generic Slann lords? Is that your definition of bringing something new?... OK

At least you could have said Tiqtakto or Oxyotl, two characters that would truly bring very unique playstyles.
    edited October 2019
    -
  • FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    Fossoway said:

Cause he’s cool. It’s like why would anyone want Grimgor he’s just a big Orc. Or Belegar, he’s just an extra stubborn Dwarf. Or anything for that matter. Kroak is cool but he’s a Slann. We got one of those too. Kroak has one spell.

Why want 2 Skinks? Kroq Gar and Gor Rok are Botha saurus but Gor Rok just like any other duplicate offers a different style of play offered by the same lord type.

Can we not have anymore Chaos lords because we hav Sigvald and Archaon?
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,729
    Fossoway said:

Grombrindal called, he says this doesn't matter.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
    edited October 2019
    -
    Fossoway said:

The real question here is who is going to start in Albion? Because there are two possibilities: Lizardmen or Dogs of War. And if it's a Lizardmen lord, then it's definitely not going to be Gor-Rok (as he is from Itza and should start in Itza).

Lizardmen make sense if you go from a lore perspective since didn't they win the war on Albion and found a new temple and even grow a jungle around it?
    GN93 said:

Fossoway said:

Grombrindal called, he says this doesn't matter.
    Grombrindal is a different race entirely. A race actually capable of intelligent thoughts and being able to communicate. Not to mention, he is most likely the previous Dwarf King: Snorri Whitebeard. So he has prior knowledge of being in a position of command.
    Doesn't change that in the lore the White Dwarf doesn't lead armies. And you can say that about several other LLs that CA has chosen.

I'm not saying CA will choose Nakai, I doubt they will, but the idea of using that as a reason it can't happen doesn't make sense when CA has already released lords that didn't/couldn't lead in the tabletop as LLs in this game.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,522
    edited November 2018
    Flying Lizardmen LL would be refreshing.
    Tiqtacto is called "Master of the Sky"

All of them are fighting on land already.
    jamreal18 said:

Flying Lizardmen LL would be refreshing.

All of them are fighting on land already.

It would even make sense if they brought in the Ripperdactyls with the DLC too and gave him one.