Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Diplomacy in Total War: THREE KINGDOMS - Part 2

2»

Comments

• GUST777GUST777 Posts: 12Registered Users
    Hopefully we'll get a lot of unique looking lords and generals and can show aging on their faces!
  • ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Posts: 7,292Registered Users
    Very informative; thanks.
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
  • MemnonMemnon Senior Member Posts: 564Registered Users

160 men? 60 cavalry

Where You see 60 cav?Wich time on this video they show 60 cav...im just saw 40.
  • WileycoyoteWileycoyote Junior Member Posts: 179Registered Users
    Ahhh i stand corrected
  • mahboi1mahboi1 Member Posts: 691Registered Users

Aryndelin said:

Looking forward to this game more and more.

Anyone else noticed that female general with generic clothing?

Also fairly sure i spotted Lady Wu in the diplomacy window.

Yeah, she took over the Sun family when Sun Jian died i guess. And Sun Ce is not 16 yet so she will rule untill he turns 16.
    Also that generic looking general in Yuan Tan's army at the half way mark
    Sigmar wills it!
  • ma7moud_al_sharifma7moud_al_sharif Posts: 177Registered Users

if we look at the army panel closely, we see the general and his 2 subordinates, each commanding their respective divisions. the [+] somewhat indicates that an army can have more than 3 divisions. 5 divisions would fit in there just nicely. will we see bigger unit counts (than the current 20)?
    "Furthermore i am of the opinion, that the current Unit Count(20,21) must be lifted!!"

appeal to CA:

skirmish related (applicable for historical titles):
    new innovations in the ToB campaign look very promising! skirmish need that kind of revamp too!
    pls, dont overemphasize unit r/p/s counter-matching as the hierarchical confluence of all decision making
    - ! make unit formations (and perhaps abilities) great again! (charlemagne)
    - ! same with LoS system! (tw:arena/UG:CivilWars)
    - ! same with terrain (ridges) (tw:arena/shogun2/UG:CivilWars)
    you've already made the tools!
    just make use of them!

menu related (mp skirmish lobby):
    * add "large army" option to quickmatch pls!
    * have "large army" settings be tagged visually in lobby selector (so that all players have easier time in lobby select)
    * pls introduce scheduled rank resets to quickmatch as means to repress unsportsmanlike conduct related to stat fetishism
    * enable shared team funds (sum == opposition funds irrespective of player count) that all members can (optionally) submit to that facilitate the setup of uneven teams

campaign related:
    + kudos for adding a basic supply system to the ToB campaign
    * for a much more elegant way of addressing autoresolve of not so decisive battles and how armies reinforce each other mount and blade's marshal system could b a fitting reference. mbe there is a way to integrate the marshal concept in one way or the other
    -or-
    * instead of imposing a hard cap of 20 units per army introduce a more organic approach of having lower ranking officers command ~ 10/15 units at max and higher ones up to ~ 40 (with supply, replenishment and all considered)
    * * reinforcing armies in this case would trickle in so a count of 40 intact units is kept rather than exceed 40+ units
    * dynamic quest/notification-event system (may b interesting for 3 kings)

+ thx for addressing spaghetti lines
    + kudos for adding a basic supply system to the ToB campaign

• Tier1: Shogun 2 / Wh 2 / Warhammer
    • Tier2: Age of Charlemagne / Napoleon
    • Tier3: Attila / Medieval 2 / Rome
    • Accident: Rome II

• pending: ToB is yet to b acquired
    • pending: Three Kings not been released yet

Team Shadowgave
    Team Cao Wei
    wu xing graph

casual survey on tw skirmish battles
  • SakotadejanSakotadejan Posts: 151Registered Users

if we look at the army panel closely, we see the general and his 2 subordinates, each commanding their respective divisions. the [+] somewhat indicates that an army can have more than 3 divisions. 5 divisions would fit in there just nicely. will we see bigger unit counts (than the current 20)?

I think it is going to be max 5 generals per army.

As you can see, in Yuan Shao’s army there is 3 generals and 3/5 stars, and in Yuan Tan’s army there is only one general and 1/5 stars.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 2,419Registered Users

As you can see, in Yuan Shao’s army there is 3 generals and 3/5 stars, and in Yuan Tan’s army there is only one general and 1/5 stars.
    That's weird.. 15 turns until the garrison surrenders, yet they are already taking attrition.
  • AkisTheGReatestAkisTheGReatest Posts: 8Registered Users

That's weird.. 15 turns until the garrison surrenders, yet they are already taking attrition.
    It could be that food is actually stored on a per settlement basis and it depletes from a settlement when under siege.

• yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Posts: 179Registered Users

I noticed this too. If you read the text box it says that the garrison has run out of supplies, and we already know through this video that supplies is a resource that can be gathered and lost. It would be interesting if siege times could change based on how well prepared the defender is.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 8,865Registered Users

I noticed this too. If you read the text box it says that the garrison has run out of supplies, and we already know through this video that supplies is a resource that can be gathered and lost. It would be interesting if siege times could change based on how well prepared the defender is.
    Talking about supplies, what is more worrying is the supplies of the attacking armies, they seems to be running out of supplies very quickly, and there should be ways to bring them more supplies.
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.

It could be that food is actually stored on a per settlement basis and it depletes from a settlement when under siege.

Tayvar said:

Talking about supplies, what is more worrying is the supplies of the attacking armies, they seems to be running out of supplies very quickly, and there should be ways to bring them more supplies.
    I never thought of these points but I wonder if they could offer some solutions. To stop steamrolling if a faction had to make sure its supply lines were unchallenged while initiating a siege it would make an offensive strategy a lot more difficult. It would make it very disadvantages to attack provinces too far away from your provinces meaning there are less options on attacking.

Major/capital cities could upgrade food/storage systems much more than minor cities meaning a siege needs either a direct attack or a very long siege of attrition.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 8,865Registered Users

Tayvar said:

I never thought of these points but I wonder if they could offer some solutions. To stop steamrolling if a faction had to make sure its supply lines were unchallenged while initiating a siege it would make an offensive strategy a lot more difficult. It would make it very disadvantages to attack provinces too far away from your provinces meaning there are less options on attacking.

Major/capital cities could upgrade food/storage systems much more than minor cities meaning a siege needs either a direct attack or a very long siege of attrition.
    You can stop at the 1:16 minute of the video, it looks like the attacking army's supplies are going to run out in a 2-3 turns, there should be ways to send more supplies for the attacking armies.
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
    Tayvar said:

Tayvar said:

You can stop at the 1:16 minute of the video, it looks like the attacking army's supplies are going to run out in a 2-3 turns, there should be ways to send more supplies for the attacking armies.
    I should really pay more attention :-/.

It looks to me that you do have power over your supplies. the narrator mentions or attaches an 'amount' to the attacker's current supplies meaning something can be done to improve it. Hopefully...
  • united84united84 Posts: 321Registered Users
    The "plus" at the end of the UI could mean a lot of things...it can mean recruitment or just about anything. If the Stars symbolize sub-commander stack, at level 3 yuan shao UI should not show the plus sign until he gets to level 4.

As per E3 dev interview, the Max characters will be 3 and units will be 18 (6X3) and a grand total of 21 units including characters can be fielded in a battle. However, I believe up to a maximum of 5 characters may appear in the battlefield in which the main army is reinforced by its reinforcement. Based on the E3 gameplay, Cao Cao had 2 generals with him and an additional 2 generals appeared as reinforcements.

• SchepelSchepel Senior Member Posts: 1,422Registered Users
    Really starting to warm up for this game. :-)
  • HunorHunor Posts: 132Registered Users
  • onix87onix87 Posts: 27Registered Users

Spring 191

Spring 193

The map changed a lot in just 2 years 😅

I noticed the brown territories are not all his, rather it seems to be the coalition or alliance in those parts? Or maybe vassals. You can see he only owns half of it.

Eitherway, alot if action in 2 years. Dunno....
    If you look closley one screen it's selected option is Ownership and the other one is attitude so whe can't speculate about eatch kingdom's initial teritory
2»