Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Undivided deamons

DarkLordOfDarknessDarkLordOfDarkness Posts: 106Registered Users
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
So, are there any deamons not aligned to any god, rather just chaos in general? I know there was a undivided deamon prince model, which could be converted to god-specific one. But where there ever any models/lore for deamons of chaos not Khorne/Tzeentch/Slaneesh/Nurgle?

Disclaimer: In the name of Sotek, don't mąkę this thread a storm about divided vs undivide DoC, just answer my question and discuss it culturally. Please
Post edited by BillyRuffian on
Tagged:

Comments

• MakoTheMakoMakoTheMako Posts: 1,244Registered Users
    Furies and various unnamed minor daemons exist.

die about it

• Metalhead69Metalhead69 Posts: 226Registered Users
    hacut the choas deity of the Chaos Dwarfs isn't aligned to the main four their are also lots of Greater and lesser daemons not aligned to the main chaos gods though Hacut is the only one I know by name
    The Great horned rat he's a Separate chaos deity
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 11,737Registered Users, Moderators
    Be'lakor is an undivided Daemon Prince to my understanding.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 12,111Registered Users
    Not much.

I suppose you could count things like the Verminlord too.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Posts: 622Registered Users
    Furies, Daemon Spawn, some Daemon Princes (although both Daemon Princes and Daemon are derived from mortals).
  • kelembribor21kelembribor21 Posts: 87Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    In earlier editions there were more mentions like Malal, Screaming God Child in Darkblade series,Neocho and Zuvassin, of course Horned Rat for Skaven or Hashut for Chaos Dwarves,
    4 Chaos Gods have different names in various cultures or tribes though some may be minor gods aswell.
    I wonder if Beastmen could have some sort of minor god or deamon , maybe Morghur is one.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 8,865Registered Users
    Be'lakor is the only Undivided Daemon Prince, and he was a failed experiment for the Chaos Gods.
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,225Registered Users
    In the armybook it's just furies and the Soulgrinder. The former will definitely come, the latter will probably be scrapped, unless it gets a serious makeover.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer
  • DarkLordOfDarknessDarkLordOfDarkness Posts: 106Registered Users
    Thank you all. I always thought furies were Khorne deamons. But, I was wrong i guess. Also @Tayvar why was he FAILED experiment?
  • DracoknightDracoknight Posts: 275Registered Users
    Is there more beings in the setting than just the "Everchosen" that have been aligned with more than one chaos god? I know the point of the title Everchosen is a being proven and selected by all of the four great ones, but i do have to wonder if there is more of these "hybrids" around?
  • AbmongAbmong Posts: 223Registered Users

Is there more beings in the setting than just the "Everchosen" that have been aligned with more than one chaos god? I know the point of the title Everchosen is a being proven and selected by all of the four great ones, but i do have to wonder if there is more of these "hybrids" around?

As far as understand it, The majority of Chaos worshippers worships Chaos undivided. But the Champions of Chaos undivided rare rise to great hights because the Chaos gods are fickle and tend to reserve their greater blessings to the more dedicated monogod champions, Only the expectional few get greater blessings from all of the big 4 and become the Everchosen.

Be'lakor was the only Demon Prince Everchosen but he's since fallen out of favour with all 4 gods. There are no Daemons born from or all for because daemons are a shard of a god itself, whether it be born from Cytharai, the big Chaos 4 or the other minor Chaos entities. Daemons all have a single parent god... as far as I know.
    Total War: Warhammer IV - Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Khuresh (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines, Monkey kingdom DLC) :#
  • PocmanPocman Posts: 2,377Registered Users
    In fact, I would say that they are none.

The only exception would be furies and even those would "and shift in aspect and power as the balance of the dark pantheon alters."

Soul grinders were also always aligned with one of the 4 gods, and normally would be painted in such a way that would make them look like they were a daemon from the chosen god's army.

• PaulHPaulH Posts: 1,105Registered Users
    If daemons existed only for four gods then that wouldn’t be very chaotic. The Chaos Wastes are known to be a land where almost anything is possible, so it makes sense that undivided daemons exist.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 8,865Registered Users

Thank you all. I always thought furies were Khorne deamons. But, I was wrong i guess. Also @Tayvar why was he FAILED experiment?

Be'lakor was supposed to fill the same role as the Everchosen, but he is not good enough for that.

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Crown_of_Domination

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Everchosen
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
    Abmong said:

As far as understand it, The majority of Chaos worshippers worships Chaos undivided. But the Champions of Chaos undivided rare rise to great hights because the Chaos gods are fickle and tend to reserve their greater blessings to the more dedicated monogod champions, Only the expectional few get greater blessings from all of the big 4 and become the Everchosen.

Be'lakor was the only Demon Prince Everchosen but he's since fallen out of favour with all 4 gods. There are no Daemons born from or all for because daemons are a shard of a god itself, whether it be born from Cytharai, the big Chaos 4 or the other minor Chaos entities. Daemons all have a single parent god... as far as I know.
    The Cytharai are the Elven underworld deities - they aren't themselves Chaotic - though they might be from the Realm of Chaos (which is confusing and self-contradictory, but that's mostly because Gw never found a good neutral term for that realm, like "The Immaterium" and "the Warp" like in 40k.)

Their was Mortkin the Black Iron Reaver who was a very powerful Norscan that united all the Norcan tribes to fight the empire I believe his his army was called the Fell Legion, He fought Valkyia the Bloody to a stand still and was the now don't quote me on this but was the only Norscan not elected Everchosen to unite all the norscan tribes and have a chaos sized invasion that a Everchosen would lead he also didn't accept gifts from the Chaos Gods so one tough dude
  • SbygneusSbygneus Posts: 744Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    A time back there were also daemons "divided as hell" which were of Malal's faction.
    edited December 2018
    There was a time when GW was a bit more fluid with their intepretation of the Realm of Chaos. I remember from some deep-lore discussions many years ago about how Undivided worshipers could both see Chaos as a pantheon of four gods - or, in a more profound, fundamental way, as the undiluted mass of swirling, gestalt emotional energies it is supposed to be - this kinda bypassing the patronage of specific gods altogether. The idea of an Undivided-focused cult and sorcery was appealing to a number of people at the time, which would focus on the raw stuff of Chaos, and view the four big chaos gods more or less as just sentient natural processes, as opposed to fully realized individuals.

This was pretty much shot down due to newer Chaos material from GW more or less unambiguously stating that the Big Four were in full control of the Realm of Chaos, and that Undivided was only possible in a pantheon-kind of situation.

A bit of a pity, as I enjoy ambiguity and leaving things open for interpretation for player-creations, but that's the path they chose.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 1,990Registered Users
    Be'lakor is the only Undivided Daemon, other daemon's like K'daai and Verminlords are still divided they just aren't one of the big 4. Chaos Furies might be the only exception but its hard to say if its better to view the as a confluence of multiple chaos entities or a single unique individual faction of chaos unto itself.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• tanspan88tanspan88 Posts: 198Registered Users
    That chaos cannon could be said to be a demon.. just saying