Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Khazrak Does Not Deserve So Much Armor

rubenchandra7rubenchandra7 Posts: 10Registered Users
edited December 6 in Balancing Discussions

Empire general has only 85 armor. Yet Khazrak's has 100 armor, it is too much for a low quality & not whole covered armor he wear. It has to be reduced to 80 or 75.

Comments

• CA_DuckCA_Duck Posts: 1,259Registered Users, CA Staff
    Khazrak is very heavily armoured in the table top rules. So a high armour value is true to the source material. Think of it as magical medium armour that's stronger than regular full plate.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • WakaWaka3000WakaWaka3000 Junior Member Posts: 403Registered Users
    See Duck's response for tabletop justification, but from a balance perspective, I don't see any reason to nerf Khazrak in general. With multiple buffs over multiple patches he's just now starting to get played a bit.
  • ViktorTWWforumViktorTWWforum Posts: 915Registered Users
    Armor isnt just representation of metal plating quality. It is also can represnt tough hide/magicaly hardened bones / hard scales of unit. For example Terrorgheist has 80 armor while he lacks any basic armor save on TT but he has Toughness 6 and 6 Wounds. He should have health compareable to Giant but developers decided to increase his armor instead to make him different. Khazrak has less area that is covered with armor but his armor plates are thicker + his tough hide and muscles are compareable to hardened lether armor and his immensly hard scull is protected with magnificient horns. I think it very logicall way to represent his resilience with high armor - you need to hit hard if you want to injure his vital organs that are hidden in such bulky frame.
  • t1meshiftt1meshift Posts: 10Registered Users
    124 armor. His dark mail gives extra armor in close combat now.
  • MakoTheMakoMakoTheMako Posts: 1,218Registered Users
    Beastmen are incredibly tough, Beastlords are inhumanely tough, and Khazrak is one of the strongest (and is THE smartest) Beastlord ever, so his armor value is representative of not only his powerful magical armor, but also his innate toughness.

die about it

• TlaxtlanSoothsayerTlaxtlanSoothsayer Posts: 1,618Registered Users
    edited December 7
    As Duck has pointed out the main reason why Khazrak has high armour values is his magical chainmail.

In Warhammer Fantasy tabletop Khazrak's Dark Mail gets described like this:
    "Magic armour. This ancient suit of chainmail can counter the fanciful enchantments and magics of enemy weapons."
    Khazrak had a 2+ armour save and actually completely negated any magic weapons.

Of course Total War : Warhammer is a different game.

I guess for balancing reasons his item only provides some extra armour and magic resistance. In my opinion Khazrak's legendary item isn't even that strong in TW : WH, when you compare it to other legendary items.

"Amid the darkness and horror of a world splintering apart, the armies of the true creators, we who were ancient at the dawn of time, will march forth once more."
  • rubenchandra7rubenchandra7 Posts: 10Registered Users
    CA_Duck said:

Khazrak is very heavily armoured in the table top rules. So a high armour value is true to the source material. Think of it as magical medium armour that's stronger than regular full plate.

I believe tabletop rules can't be applied entirely to Total War Warhammer because it's different. I agree that Khazrak's magical armor is stronger than regular full plate, but 100 armor is still too much for its only covered half of his body.
  • rubenchandra7rubenchandra7 Posts: 10Registered Users

Beastmen are incredibly tough, Beastlords are inhumanely tough, and Khazrak is one of the strongest (and is THE smartest) Beastlord ever, so his armor value is representative of not only his powerful magical armor, but also his innate toughness.

He is absolutely tough but it can't be counted as an armor. His skin is not a thick scales but merely a flesh. If because of Khazrak's innate toughness, I'm more agree to increase his health & reduced its armor.
  • PocmanPocman Posts: 1,880Registered Users

He is absolutely tough but it can't be counted as an armor. His skin is not a thick scales but merely a flesh. If because of Khazrak's innate toughness, I'm more agree to increase his health & reduced its armor.
    No. In TT you had 3 different stats. Toughness (natural armor and resistance), armor (artificial armor or rules that were applied as armour) and Wounds.

HP is already shown in woulds.

In any case, this discussion makes no sense. Current in game armor is balanced for him, and is respectful to the original TT material. So no real reason to change it.
  • Rithrin216Rithrin216 Posts: 79Registered Users

CA_Duck said:

I believe tabletop rules can't be applied entirely to Total War Warhammer because it's different. I agree that Khazrak's magical armor is stronger than regular full plate, but 100 armor is still too much for its only covered half of his body.
    It's magical armor. You're going to argue how much armor magic should add to a lord that has always been under powered and barely used? CA_Duck gave you a straight forward and perfectly reasonable explanation. You're now just trying to salvage your argument by nitpicking because you don't like that you thought you found a glaring discrepancy but you were mistaken. No need to be embarrassed over that. I'm sure plenty of people didn't know he had magical armor.