Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Regarding weapon's model error,CA,please fixed it .

tsing_tao_beertsing_tao_beer Posts: 51Registered Users
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
I've been concerned about games for a long time, and I find that these two weapon have not been fixed yet,
No body would refuse a better-looking and appropriate sword or "Ji",CA,please fixed it,
Or at least let the General or high level unit use it.

Post edited by tsing_tao_beer on
Tagged:

Comments

• tsing_tao_beertsing_tao_beer Posts: 51Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    Picture
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,846Registered Users
    Hey, would you mind if I used these images on Reddit? I feel like they'd get a lot more attention there. I'd credit this forum post of course.
    Krunch said:

Hey, would you mind if I used these images on Reddit? I feel like they'd get a lot more attention there. I'd credit this forum post of course.

Of course not ,please used it.
    Alright, thanks.
    Krunch said:

Alright, thanks.

You are welcome.
  • HavieHavie Posts: 1,119Registered Users
    I think its issues like this is why they allow modders to import custom models to the game. hopefulllllly we can do so again in 3k
  • mahboi1mahboi1 Member Posts: 771Registered Users
    Havie said:

I think its issues like this is why they allow modders to import custom models to the game. hopefulllllly we can do so again in 3k

I don't see why not. The only reason why WH's modding is so restrictive is because GW didn't want people messing around with the game too much.
    Sigmar wills it!
  • HavieHavie Posts: 1,119Registered Users
    yea, just hoping they dont forget to include all those nice tools again.
    I never tried anything with ToB so idk whats possible these days
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,144Registered Users
    They are deliberately using historically inaccurate wargear because so did the romance as far as I can tell.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
    edited December 2018

They are deliberately using historically inaccurate wargear because so did the romance as far as I can tell.

Inaccuracy is secondary , main thing is that the sword has a very exaggerated distorted size.
    Without scabbard, the pre-Qin sword and the Han sword very similar , just Han sword period late has more process techniques due their lenght different.

• BreadboxBreadbox Posts: 785Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    Personally not terribly concerned with thickness of swords. But those Ji/Halberd look seriously out of place, please change it. Save that Archaic Warring States look for the DLCs.

This is how Ji have looked like since the Western Han.

Disagree. I genuinely think they have just made a mistake. If they wanted it to be more Romance like they would be using Song and Yuan style arms and armor, not Warring States.
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 2,057Registered Users
    Does it really matter if it's size is a bit longer or abit shorter -.-" really guys...

This type of information brings me back to the cringe of people crying about Roman Sandals when Total War Rome came out.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,503Registered Users
    Yeah, seriously, this seems an awful lot like nitpicking.
    edited December 2018

Does it really matter if it's size is a bit longer or abit shorter -.-" really guys...

This type of information brings me back to the cringe of people crying about Roman Sandals when Total War Rome came out.

Yeah, seriously, this seems an awful lot like nitpicking.

Well, It's just a bit awkward for me that see this type sword, which is equal to the length about Gladius, keep aspect ratio enlarged to the level of medieval sword length . :|
    Just like this feeling ,it's not a matter indeed,but after all swords and halberds are basic weapons in game,hope to understand. :|

• BreadboxBreadbox Posts: 785Registered Users

Except that no one looks at people’s feet during battle, but will be naturally inclined to look at the armour and weapons. Which is a far more prominent aspect of the model from a top down perspective.

It had said before and I’ll say it again, nothing of this sort(blatantly inaccurate weapons) will be readily accepted in a graeco roman setting.
    Just because a setting has less historical exposure, doesn’t mean it doesn’t deserve proper historical research.

CA have so far done an admirable job recreating believeable armour, it should be extended to the weapons.
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 2,057Registered Users
    Breadbox said:

Except that no one looks at people’s feet during battle, but will be naturally inclined to look at the armour and weapons. Which is a far more prominent aspect of the model from a top down perspective.

It had said before and I’ll say it again, nothing of this sort(blatantly inaccurate weapons) will be readily accepted in a graeco roman setting.
    Just because a setting has less historical exposure, doesn’t mean it doesn’t deserve proper historical research.

CA have so far done an admirable job recreating believeable armour, it should be extended to the weapons.
    You'd be wrong, because unfortunately.. people made a huge thing about Roman Sandals on Rome Total War, which is why I pointed it out. I'm not complaining about the Type of weapons... I'm complaining that you guys are talking a bout a few centimetres in either direction... are you all women or something? does a few inches really make THAT much of a difference? :p
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin

Breadbox said:

You'd be wrong, because unfortunately.. people made a huge thing about Roman Sandals on Rome Total War, which is why I pointed it out. I'm not complaining about the Type of weapons... I'm complaining that you guys are talking a bout a few centimetres in either direction... are you all women or something? does a few inches really make THAT much of a difference? :p
    Relax, I'm not complaining CA or how. I just pointed out this model error hope can be fixed,CA decided.As for the few inches is not much different in a weapon, that's your view. At least not for me,respect each other,OK?
  • chainsawddchainsawdd Posts: 187Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    There are players who is Dynasty Warriors fan, and there are players who takes no **** of Dynasty Warrior. The former has no interest of one inch, but the latter cares that one inch.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,501Registered Users
    1. Will heroes use historically authentic equipment in Classic Mode?

In Classic Mode, 3D character models will use historically authentic weapons and period-correct armour. However, 2D Character art will keep a slightly stylised flavour with characters wearing more flamboyant clothing, but we will remove the out of period chainmail and ceremonial weapons to reinforce the historical authenticity of the mode. Having more distinctive 2D art for each character is important to help players pick out who is who in the heat of battle. If hero unit cards all show them wearing similar armour and clothing, that becomes a much harder job.

May be the weapons won't be the same in historical mode.
    To anyone saying this doesn't matter, how would you feel if in Atilla Roman soldiers used Gladii rather than the Spatha, or if in Medieval 3 they gave Knights Gladii?
    Krunch said:

To anyone saying this doesn't matter, how would you feel if in Atilla Roman soldiers used Gladii rather than the Spatha...

Honestly? I couldn't tell the difference between the two if they were staring me in the face. In fact, I'm looking at google images of them both right now and I still can't. They both look like something a Roman soldier would use; beyond that, the minute details really don't bother me.
    Krunch said:

...or if in Medieval 3 they gave Knights Gladii?

Because there's a difference between saying "why is that European Medieval Knight running around with a samurai sword?" and saying "hey, this sword is an inch too big, my immersion in this video game is totally ruined"...? Seriously, say that last part out loud and see how it sounds.

As for the "Ji" polearm thing; I'm mean... it looks perfectly fine.

Krunch said:

To anyone saying this doesn't matter, how would you feel if in Atilla Roman soldiers used Gladii rather than the Spatha...

Honestly? I couldn't tell the difference between the two if they were staring me in the face. In fact, I'm looking at google images of them both right now and I still can't. They both look like something a Roman soldier would use; beyond that, the minute details really don't bother me.
    Krunch said:

Because there's a difference between saying "why is that European Medieval Knight running around with a samurai sword?" and saying "hey, this sword is an inch too big, my immersion in this video game is totally ruined"...? Seriously, say that last part out loud and see how it sounds.

Okay then I suppose you'd be fine with Lorica Segmentata in Atilla top? Why do any research, just use the pop culture versions of the armor.
    edited December 2018
    Krunch said:

Krunch said:

Krunch said:

Okay then I suppose you'd be fine with Lorica Segmentata in Atilla top? Why do any research, just use the pop culture versions of the armor.
    Sure, why the hell not? It's a video game; one of the main forms of pop culture. I play it for fun, I'm not relying on it to help me pass a history test on the Three Kingdoms period.

We all know the sword is a teeny-weeny bit too big. But it's just a video game. If I wanted to know the exact dimensions of the damn thing I'd go read a book, I wouldn't rely solely on a video game for accurate information.

The point is; it's a minute detail in a video game. Getting worked up about it is just silly.
    Post edited by Whiskeyjack_5691 on