Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Total War: WARHAMMER II Festag Update Beta

Comments

• NinjipplesNinjipples Posts: 679Registered Users
    @Grace_CA
    no changes to the trait gained for killing Direfin?

At the moment it INCREASES your miscast chance (among some minor buffs). It's the only trait gained from defeating a LL that feels more like a punishment than a reward.
  • RunealdoRunealdo Posts: 5Registered Users
    Does this fix the constant crashing to desktop as well??
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,118Registered Users, Moderators
    Runealdo said:

There are several crash fixes, so I guess it depends on what precisely was causing that problem.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • PocmanPocman Posts: 2,382Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    CA_Ella said:

Tomb Kings
    Tomb Scorpion: Hit reactions ignore chance from 0 to 40, knock interrupts from 0 to 40, mass from 3000 to 2400, -2 melee defence, added Siege Attacker.

Wood Elves
    Treeman: Hit reactions ignore chance from 0 to 70, knock interrupts from 0 to 70.
    Orion: +10 melee defence
    Wildwood Rangers: +4 leadership
    Wardens of Cythral: +4 leadership

Wood Elves:
    Horn of the Wild Hunt (Orion): +3 duration, removed speed effect, +36% charge bonus changed to +54% charge bonus.

Do not really know how I feel about WE changes. In one hand, they are buffs for units that need them. In the other, they are, imho, not the changes needed.

Orion being buffed was clearly needed, but imho, he needs a redesign to make him more like he was in TT. The extra +10 MD seems like the easy solution that will make him playable but not enjoyable to use.

The new Horn of Orion seems as bad as the old one. I mean, there are no real shock infantry units in the WE roster, meaning the only units that really benefit from the horn are Wild Riders. In fact, the change makes it even less versatile, as infantry could really use the extra speed to avoid failing the charge, and by kiting units to avoid being caught. With this change, horn of Orion would only be viable in @Sarmatians "charge of the Rohirrim" meme build.

WWR do not need more LD: they need something to make them viable against missiles. Vanguard would be my way to go (maybe remove their "guardian of the wildwood" in exchange. And Wardens of Cythral were already very powerful, no need to buff them even more.

Fixing the bug regarding treeman is good. Not that it was used to fight monster duels, but at least he will perform according to his price now.
  • RunealdoRunealdo Posts: 5Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

Runealdo said:

There are several crash fixes, so I guess it depends on what precisely was causing that problem.
    I'm talking the random crashes when loading a save game, entering a battle load screen and exit battle load screen.
  • Dack_SarisDack_Saris Posts: 16Registered Users
    For those who complain about Throgg :
    Same for wulfrick.

It's said its buff for troll and fimir is now yellow skill line.
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKPosts: 3,953Registered Users

Why does 81.4 MB update take 2,5 hours to download?! I left my Steam on without touching anything my internet is very good yet their patching system is the most idiotic of all.

It started at damn 5pm and now is after 7pm all the time it changes from 20 min remaining to 4 days wtf.

Not sure why your complaining about it on the Forums. That's a steam issue. Restart steam and it'll fix itself. It's funny to call them idiots when you don't even know how to fix a common steam issue :smile:
    It's not them it's this patching method. Never seen any game in my life doing it. Games always download patch and that's it. Got on PS4 downloaded update for RDR2 no rewriting or redownloading whole game. Simple.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 6,459Registered Users
    Having checked it out it doesn’t look half bad. I do wonder why some of the yellow line skills are now two points though. Did we really need more streamlining? I haven’t felt starved for points.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • The_baronThe_baron Posts: 506Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    I am still trying to figure out why Bretonnia has a speed increase skill to one of the fastest units in the game ... Royal Pegasus knights ... 6% more speed ? ... why do I need it , how about more damage ?

Also its about time they balance the old world - yet some of the changes seems a bit off and forcing the player to spend skill points on useless stuff ... need to check it but it doesn't look great :/

P.s. Still no Keybinds for the Item abilities ... I am starting to give up on CA and this game.
  • HarlecHarlec Posts: 297Registered Users
    What the heck is a Festag?
    Dear CA, if you took this out of the Pseudo-German from WH Lore it is still wrong it is spelled Festtag.

Fest = Party / Tag = Day

Also all Pirat Captain Heros with a Nickname f.E.: Gertrude the Drowned is Translated as Gertrude der Ertrunkene

Again wrong.

der is the male prefix , correct would be die Ertrunkene.

It is easy to change but slightly annyoing.

With best regard, the german grammar nazis. ;)
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,604Registered Users
    You can now actually create mock battles with just the AI fighting, nice.

However, once such a battle ends, it immediately restarts. Should probably tweak that to give the standard results screen instead.

• SagrandaSagranda Posts: 1,608Registered Users
    edited December 2018

Why does 81.4 MB update take 2,5 hours to download?! I left my Steam on without touching anything my internet is very good yet their patching system is the most idiotic of all.

It started at damn 5pm and now is after 7pm all the time it changes from 20 min remaining to 4 days wtf.

Not sure why your complaining about it on the Forums. That's a steam issue. Restart steam and it'll fix itself. It's funny to call them idiots when you don't even know how to fix a common steam issue :smile:
    It's not them it's this patching method. Never seen any game in my life doing it. Games always download patch and that's it. Got on PS4 downloaded update for RDR2 no rewriting or redownloading whole game. Simple.
    The update method comes from steam.
    All the devs do, as far as I remember, is that they upload the new build to steamworks and then Steam handles the rest.
    So unless the files are faulty or the wrong ones have been used, the fault lies with Steam.

What can be partly blamed on CA is that the whole game has to get copied to update, which is a fault of their file structure/system/whatever you want to call it.
    On the other hand, this could also be fixed by Steam by changing their update system to do file after file and not "everything at once"
    "Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,118Registered Users, Moderators
    Harlec said:

Dear CA, if you took this out of the Pseudo-German from WH Lore it is still wrong it is spelled Festtag.

Fest = Party / Tag = Day

Also all Pirat Captain Heros with a Nickname f.E.: Gertrude the Drowned is Translated as Gertrude der Ertrunkene

Again wrong.

Festag is a thing for The Empire in Warhammer. Its some kind of festival, hence why it is chosen for the winter breakish beta.

If it is poor German (and I'm sure it is), then blame Games Workshop.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • endurendur Posts: 3,033Registered Users
    I really like the changes to the old world LLs, especially the compression for the various skills. The compression really helps hybrid melee caster lords like Archaon and Durthu and the Vampire LLs. The Wood Elves had the most unique unit buff skills previously, but it makes sense to change their skill tree to be more like the other factions. I'm looking forward to trying Archaon, Durthu, and other lords.
  • sadatosadato Junior Member Posts: 16Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    CA_Ella said:

The Lahmian Bloodline -50% upkeep effect now correctly shows on the amount shown on the hero’s information panel.

What does this mean? Have they fixed the bug of the Lahmian upkeep reduction not working on embedded heroes?
  • endurendur Posts: 3,033Registered Users
    Vessinger said:

Filipse said:

Should'nt you buff all the Wood-Elf Lords overall in the campaign, now that their red-lines dont apply to them?

All the Glade-Lords, Durthu, Orion and Treemen lords will effectively be alot weaker in the campaign, as the red-line previously applied to them aswell.

Yeah in some ways these changes feel like an unwarranted nerf to WE lords, at least on paper. On the other hand, the previous skill tree forced you to choose between missile and melee buffs, whereas these changes don't I think?

I'll have to try them and see how they feel in game.
    Previously, WE Lords could get for 12 skill points, buff to reload, missile damage, ammunition, and speed.

Now for 3 skill points you can get buff to reload and missile damage for the foot archer units. Furthermore for 1 skill point, you can get a reload buff for the entire army. So you are not getting the buff to ammunition and speed, but you are getting the same missile damage and better reload for only 4 skill points instead of 12.

And if you have level 7 archers, you now have for one skill point, the extra ammo buff, plus missile resist and extra range.

So if your Lord likes buffing archer units, your archer units are just as good and your level 7 archers are better.

Wood elves now also have access to inspiring presence, rally, and stand your ground.

The Wood Elf Lords aren't affected by the army buffs, but they do have the compressed skill tree, so you could spend some of your extra skill points on individual buffs. Or you can invest in buffing some melee units as well. Previously WE Lords could only buff melee or archers.

Now there is a potential for a nerf on Orion and Durthu and any lord that has a lot of heroes in his or her stack. Previously the army buffs affected heroes and lords, making waystalker heroes and branchwraith heroes even more powerful, and making Orion and Durthu extremely capable.

But the nerf mostly affects the end game, when you had a lot of skill points buffing your heroes and lords. And by the time you hit the end game, wood elf armies are unstoppable anyways, so I'm ok with it.

I really like the compression of the skills for lords in the patch.
  • GoopherrGoopherr Posts: 44Registered Users
    Tested a bit, pirate coves are working fine now and the price hikes make spamming them much less of a no-brainer.
    AI Vampire Coast factions still don't seem to recruit more than a single army per faction though, and Followers of Nagash AI does not upgrade their special Vampire unit buildings. Hope these get fixed in the final version.
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Posts: 590Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    @Grace_CA
    Thank you very much for the patch and communication.

If you can please tell us when can we expect fixes for Khalida and Ghorst army wide poison skill not working on ranged attacks such as arrows.
    @CA_Duck
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 1,006Registered Users
    Glad animated hulks are tougher

• Loupi_Loupi_ Posts: 1,287Registered Users
    Pocman said:

CA_Ella said:

Tomb Kings
    Tomb Scorpion: Hit reactions ignore chance from 0 to 40, knock interrupts from 0 to 40, mass from 3000 to 2400, -2 melee defence, added Siege Attacker.

Wood Elves
    Treeman: Hit reactions ignore chance from 0 to 70, knock interrupts from 0 to 70.
    Orion: +10 melee defence
    Wildwood Rangers: +4 leadership
    Wardens of Cythral: +4 leadership

Wood Elves:
    Horn of the Wild Hunt (Orion): +3 duration, removed speed effect, +36% charge bonus changed to +54% charge bonus.

Do not really know how I feel about WE changes. In one hand, they are buffs for units that need them. In the other, they are, imho, not the changes needed.

Orion being buffed was clearly needed, but imho, he needs a redesign to make him more like he was in TT. The extra +10 MD seems like the easy solution that will make him playable but not enjoyable to use.

The new Horn of Orion seems as bad as the old one. I mean, there are no real shock infantry units in the WE roster, meaning the only units that really benefit from the horn are Wild Riders. In fact, the change makes it even less versatile, as infantry could really use the extra speed to avoid failing the charge, and by kiting units to avoid being caught. With this change, horn of Orion would only be viable in @Sarmatians "charge of the Rohirrim" meme build.

WWR do not need more LD: they need something to make them viable against missiles. Vanguard would be my way to go (maybe remove their "guardian of the wildwood" in exchange. And Wardens of Cythral were already very powerful, no need to buff them even more.

Fixing the bug regarding treeman is good. Not that it was used to fight monster duels, but at least he will perform according to his price now.
    Yeah, buffs are good, but I don't understand the reasoning behind these changes. Orion's defence should be in his high mobility not combat prowess, he's a hunter not a brawler. WWR buff is also strange, but makes their LD consistent with eternal guard I guess. The Horn is a strange one, removing the speed effect probably wont make much difference overall, since it was quite small anyway, but it does mean that Orion can now only get up 67 speed instead of 80. I think Horn should be reworked to be a single use item that gives 56%CB,36% speed and perfect vigor for 30-40 seconds. It would be a much more powerful and interesting item that way without being OP.
  • lordreaven448lordreaven448 Posts: 249Registered Users

Same for wulfrick.

Norsca seems to lose out. Spearmen units lost their +15 anti-large, zerkers are no longer +15 MA and +20% ws. Those are the ones that I noticed.
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Posts: 1,430Registered Users
    Is there a reason the Beta Download is taking 30 minutes for 87mb?
  • ArionuqArionuq Posts: 23Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    An interesting change to Volkmar not mentioned in the changes: he no longer has his ability to lower the cooldown of his warrior priest abilities. Looking at Volkmar and a Arch Lector, the only difference is the War altar, magic items, and combat stats. Arch Lectors are now almost identical to Generals of the Empire for the tech tree but have warrior priest and flagellant abilities. You buy a general of the Empire now you are buying the stats and the ability to get a griffon, that's it. Arch Lectors in campaign look like even more of a superior support general because you can get all the red line abilities without bothering with the flagellant ones if you don't want to. Plus you can grab the warrior priest buffs. I will miss Volkmars ability regen ability, without it his skill tree is almost identical to any Arch Lector.
    Post edited by Arionuq on
  • bayesbayes Senior Member Posts: 345Registered Users

Same for wulfrick.

Norsca seems to lose out. Spearmen units lost their +15 anti-large, zerkers are no longer +15 MA and +20% ws. Those are the ones that I noticed.
    Sorry for the slight over reaction but are you out of your mind!?

The troll king might not be a troll king anymore but both of them get their old buffs to special units. Wulfric gets + 15 md and +15 cb for 1 point for skin wolves and 15 ma and whatever for mammoths, in ADDITION to the new standard norsca red line. Troll king gets something equivalent for frost wyrms and fimir. It is quite insane.

The old norsca red skills used to be so incredibly crap, their normal lords could barely buff half the roster.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 5,798Registered Users
    Any chance of creating a tool which checks to see if a lord has the correct number of skill points spent for their level, and refunds any shortfall for reassignment? That should allow skill tree updates to be made without messing up games in progress.

Failing that... is there a limit to how long the Norsca branch is likely to be up? I have a campaign that I can probably rush a short victory for if push came to shove - it'd be nice to know if I should and, if so, when I should aim to be done by.
    Canuovea said:

Harlec said:

Fest = Party / Tag = Day

Again wrong.

Festag is a thing for The Empire in Warhammer. Its some kind of festival, hence why it is chosen for the winter breakish beta.

If it is poor German (and I'm sure it is), then blame Games Workshop.
    Reikspiel is pretty much German from the days before standardised spelling. (Although that doesn't excuse the wrong-gendered prefixes.)
  • Dack_SarisDack_Saris Posts: 16Registered Users
    edited December 2018

Same for wulfrick.

Yup but now you use 3 skill point and not 6 to buff them. And... I don't use spearman myself. I prefer hunter and skinwolves.
    For berserker they may have less WS for sure. But overall it's fine by me as now even base maraudeur and champion have buff on WS.

The only real nerf for me (which could not be one for other) it's the loss of MA and WS for horsemen
  • ThierryVilmartThierryVilmart Posts: 119Registered Users
    Grace_CA said:

Fossoway said:

So wait, the beta is now out, but will the changes come out of beta before the holidays?

probably in the new year
    Hi admin, please hear this voice that many important bug reports are left unheard.

Here I reported that Cylostra Direfin's skills are not present in the lord's overview. I found an exploit to declare war on only one faction when a faction has many allies and allies won't join the war.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/229842/vampire-coast-missing-hero-buffs-and-broken-war-against-an-alliance#latest
  • warhammerwarlordwarhammerwarlord Posts: 165Registered Users
    War coordination is not working. Can't click on targets, button is just inactive.
    New campaign, no mods that influence campaign map.
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Posts: 1,560Registered Users
    Trying a campaign with the beta now, the red skill updates is so sweeeeet! Love it
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Posts: 2,038Registered Users
    Grace_CA said:

Fossoway said:

So wait, the beta is now out, but will the changes come out of beta before the holidays?

probably in the new year
    Terrible news if so as this leaving beta decreases the chances of essential lord pack arriving before threekingdoms when it is already late and should have been with the last update. Please explicitly answer this question is it going to arrive before threekingdoms so am able to either rage or rejoice now rather that later. Nobody should be liking this post at least if they have knowlege of what it might well mean. I hope we get the merwyrm with next update also by the way preferably both living and undead.