Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Total War: WARHAMMER II Festag Update Beta

Comments

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 5,488Registered Users
    Bombers were always worth using. Now they're fun and worth using.

Hammerers finally don't suck.

A good day for the Dawi.

Honestly this patch was good for all the OWR, even the Vampire Counts who took a whiff of nerfing on some of their newest stuff (which is still hella powerful).

Has me jazzed for Greenskins and Empire revamps!
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Posts: 265Registered Users
    so has the patch come out of beta yet?
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 5,488Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    Probably not til after the new year.

You can play the beta, and the game will carry on when the beta goes live. They don't plan on anything that will be save breaking between beta and release.

Although if you do join the beta, you will need a new game for that. Pre-beta saves won't fully benefit.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 12,118Registered Users

so has the patch come out of beta yet?

Whenever they release new content it'll come out properly.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • ystyst Posts: 4,364Registered Users
    edited December 2018

Bombers get 33% more models, 2 more base ammo, so with tech it end in 6 number. 2 squad in early game now is okay, especially in siege.
    And handcanon zombi 160 models with 40 AP dmg so summary it 6k dmg in 10 sec.
    WW had 2k dmg in 10 sec and it highest ranged dmg squad

Not even remotely close to viable. Bombers r a $400 that performs as $150. Hand cannon a $550 performing as a $175 prior to current update.

These buffs r in no frikking way near making them viable. Bombers at most will perform as $225 ish costing $400. While hand cannons would be around $350 i suppose.

No way under any circumstances will u ever bring bombers and hand cannons over rifle and pistol mobs both of which r far, far, just so frikking far more superior.

All those dmg output r totally theory crafting it. Waywatchers r highly accurate 190m, hand cannons r frikking garbage that misses 85%+ shots at 90m. Only thing u see them actually killing something r within those 50m range, which ull only get to fire once. Ure literally paying $600 for that single shot.

Seriously, may as well spam deck gunners who wipe enemies at 245m costing only $100 more lol
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
    Unit stats compare courtesy of Seal62 https://total-war-unit-compare.herokuapp.com/
  • 4uk4ata4uk4ata Posts: 841Registered Users
    Arionuq said:

Itharus said:

Fedor said:

I am dissapointed with new Empire and Dwarf red skill trees. They were perfect. Empire had one skill for infantry, one for knights horse cavalry, one for arty and one for top tier beasts like demigryphs and tanks. And what now?! I do not see any logic. Dwarfs had good stamina skill, one skill for most of the infantry, one for arty and one for choppers. And now there is no logic aswell. Vampire Counts got the best red skill tree now in my taste. Greens are good aswell.

So... that stamina loss reduction is now a 1 point skill available right off the bat if memory serves, instead of a three point skill that you had to unlock first. A lot of skills were consolidated and even reduced in cost. I don't think any were actually removed (except for a few lord specific bugs)?
    Its the inability to focus on a type of unit. Greatswords mixed with Demigryphs is especially annoying. For some LL's like Volkmar it also removed an ability (his cooldown reduction).
    For me the name was weird as well. "Honest Steel" for the Empire's base infantry makes sense - the connotation is that these are the no-frills, reliable Empire infantrymen who fight and die for Karl Franz. Having the lower tier being the "elite" and Demigryphs and greatswords being "Honest Steel" is just backwards.

Land is Kislev, Kislev is Land! We are Kislev!

Proud Elspeth von Draken partisan
  • mightygloinmightygloin Posts: 517Registered Users
    Itharus said:

A good day for the Dawi.

Honestly this patch was good for all the OWR, even the Vampire Counts who took a whiff of nerfing on some of their newest stuff (which is still hella powerful).

What did change for Hammerers in this beta? I don't see anything in the notes, surely you don't mean the +2 or so hp buff in the last patch :p
  • warhammerwarlordwarhammerwarlord Posts: 82Registered Users

Itharus said:

A good day for the Dawi.

What did change for Hammerers in this beta? I don't see anything in the notes, surely you don't mean the +2 or so hp buff in the last patch :p
    2 hp does all the difference!
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 706Registered Users
    Does it stop autoresolve from eating them alive?
  • Tankred56Tankred56 Posts: 67Registered Users
    By the way, what is with that fireplace video? Does it lead to something after all?
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 3,237Registered Users
    Tankred56 said:

By the way, what is with that fireplace video? Does it lead to something after all?

Nope.
    I demand monogods!! Or not, whatever. I don't care that much.
  • PocmanPocman Posts: 2,377Registered Users
    Helm of discord should probably remain at a 40 meter range, but has its MA and MD effects nerfed to +16 or +20 or something like that: one of the problems right now is that is completely exploitable in air battles, and in that scenario the change to its range is pretty much ineffective. Or directly, making it only usable in the ground.

Horn of the Wild Hunt is simply too weak, and its pretty difficult to use to maximum effect. If the +speed bonus is taken, using it becomes even more difficult. The extra duration is nice, but it being a CB buff, is not really much of an improvement. I would add a flat +CB bonus in addition to the current +36%. That would allow using the horn to full effects with more builds (as it would affect infantry more) or a small MA buff.

• Ares354Ares354 Posts: 840Registered Users
    I like most of those changes but one thing from that is missing.

All old world LL who didint get unique skills in last patch of game 1 should get them in this rework.

I dont understand why Volkmar dont get unique skill, but other two LL do. This applies to all old world characters.

Last thing what I think should be added is rework of most heroes of Old world. Most of them are useless, because they dont buff units like Gore bull is for example.
  • GermanPartisanGermanPartisan Posts: 8Registered Users
    edited December 2018
  • InquisitornInquisitorn Posts: 90Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    Itharus said:

You can play the beta, and the game will carry on when the beta goes live. They don't plan on anything that will be save breaking between beta and release.

Although if you do join the beta, you will need a new game for that. Pre-beta saves won't fully benefit.

I certainly hope they plan to implement save breaking stuff considering all the unique skills that some LL lost in the remake! We can't have LL's losing unique skills like Isabella von Carstein losing her unique buffs to Bats, Vargulfs and Vargheists or Throgg that lost his unique buffs to Trolls. :neutral:
    Reported here: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/231729/festagg-patch-oversights#latest

Do you have a link to any official statements backing you up?
  • Boombastek91Boombastek91 Posts: 787Registered Users

Itharus said:

I certainly hope they plan to implement save breaking stuff considering all the unique skills that some LL lost in the remake! We can't have LL's losing unique skills like Isabella von Carstein losing her unique buffs to Bats, Vargulfs and Vargheists or Throgg that lost his unique buffs to Trolls. :neutral:
    Reported here: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/231729/festagg-patch-oversights#latest

Do you have a link to any official statements backing you up?
    Throgg just became King of fimir not trolls, and it better.
  • obippoobippo Member Posts: 2,219Registered Users
    when do ca's vacation finish?
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 9,731Registered Users
    Auto resolve is still beyond rubbish and appalling.

"As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~

That why play manualy only 90 - 10 AR
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 12,118Registered Users
    obippo said:

when do ca's vacation finish?

Presumably the same as other offices, the 3rd.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 9,731Registered Users

Dude, look at the armies. It was over 95% in my favour.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 8,865Registered Users

I think that he mean "that why you should never use auto-resolve if you have an artillery in your army.
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • ShivaXShivaX Posts: 235Registered Users
    Tayvar said:

I think that he mean "that why you should never use auto-resolve if you have an artillery in your army.
    I guess, but it's also a thing they fixed ages ago and is now back.
  • SagrandaSagranda Posts: 1,277Registered Users
    ShivaX said:

Tayvar said:

I guess, but it's also a thing they fixed ages ago and is now back.
    It was never fixed for WH2
    "Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • SchusselSchussel Posts: 581Registered Users
    Is there any information when the festag beta will go live?
  • SagrandaSagranda Posts: 1,277Registered Users
    Schussel said:

Nope.
    Though it's likely that it will stay in beta until the next bigger patch, so the Lord Pack DLC sometime in 2019.
    "Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • InquisitornInquisitorn Posts: 90Registered Users
    Sagranda said:

Schussel said:

Nope.
    Though it's likely that it will stay in beta until the next bigger patch, so the Lord Pack DLC sometime in 2019.
    I doubt that it would take that long, considering the campaign game breaking crash when VCoast with a pirate cove loses its last settlement.
  • josehtellez96josehtellez96 Posts: 10Registered Users
    They have also broken the diplomacy menu with this beta. Right now you cannot assign targets to your allies, mostly because when selecting the faction you are dealing with, the map won’t move from its capital location.
  • clancherclancher Posts: 8Registered Users
    edited January 1
    As for me this patch is rather strange - for example elite dwarven infantry gets 24% damage bonus and 15 physical resistance. Much more than orks. As you remember before only orks had 12% bonus for all units at the begining of skill tree. And now ALL have 12% to damage and 8 to attaсk. So dwarven elite infantry will be absolutly unstoppable (except Arhaon chosen of course with their full bonuses) ....

Trogg has no separate bonus for trolls, but has for wyrms and fimirs...is he fimir or troll)....goblin leaders now for some reason have bonuses for orks and additional bonuses for goblins....ork leaders have only standard bonuses - the same as goblin leaders have and many more strange things. This patch should be strongly reworked.
    Post edited by clancher on
    clancher said:

As for me this patch is rather strange - for example elite dwarven infantry gets 24% damage bonus and 15 physical resistance. Much more than orks. As you remember before only orks had 12% bonus for all units at the begining of skill tree. And now ALL have 12% to damage and 8 to attaсk. So dwarven elite infantry will be absolutly unstoppable (except Arhaon chosen of course with their full bonuses) ....

Trogg has no separate bonus for trolls, but has for wyrms and fimirs...is he fimir or troll)....goblin leaders now for some reason have bonuses for orks and additional bonuses for goblins....ork leaders have only standard bonuses - the same as goblin leaders have and many more strange things. This patch should be strongly reworked.

It not. Goblin lord was a very rare pick as lord. Now he much stronger than ork lord.
    Throgg became a fimir king.