Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Steel & Statecraft Update

Comments

• Total_War_VeteranTotal_War_Veteran Posts: 446Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    CA_TeoKoz said:

Recruitment is not reverting back to doom stacks.

Retinue units have about 8-12 turns cooldown until replenishment, Elite units have 10-14 turns. They will still be in short supply, but without the random chance of never getting them.

Bonuses that reduce cooldowns are equally scarce, otherwise they would be easy to stack.

or at least, make some nerf or some balancing so that this recruitment updates won't be exploited. Really, where's the strategic value if elites can be recruited easily..?
    The old Medieval 2 recruitment system is similar with this recruitment updates, the difference is that Medieval 2 has population system, so that even if you can recruit elite units easily, you still can't exploit it since it also require population and losing that army will means those precious population pool will be hard to replace or it takes time. That's some kind of counter / balancing for that recruitment system. Unfortunately, TOB has no population system or something that can act as that counter exploiter recruitment..yet.

Maybe, a chance to include population system now ?
    Full support for CA and CA_Ella
  • norseaxenorseaxe Posts: 402Registered Users
    I'm glad you are giving us an update CA it looks good from what I've read. I was wondering what other improvements are you including in the update. I guess you will let us know before you release update. I was wondering also is this the final update for T.O.B.. I hope you change how civil wars are handled I'd rather have just two opposing armies fight it out instead of multiple armies popping up all around your kingdom, maybe give us option to fight for rebel side. thanks CA.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,353Registered Users
    edited December 2018

CA_TeoKoz said:

Retinue units have about 8-12 turns cooldown until replenishment, Elite units have 10-14 turns. They will still be in short supply, but without the random chance of never getting them.

Bonuses that reduce cooldowns are equally scarce, otherwise they would be easy to stack.

or at least, make some nerf or some balancing so that this recruitment updates won't be exploited. Really, where's the strategic value if elites can be recruited easily..?
    The old Medieval 2 recruitment system is similar with this recruitment updates, the difference is that Medieval 2 has population system, so that even if you can recruit elite units easily, you still can't exploit it since it also require population and losing that army will means those precious population pool will be hard to replace or it takes time. That's some kind of counter / balancing for that recruitment system. Unfortunately, TOB has no population system or something that can act as that counter exploiter recruitment..yet.

Maybe, a chance to include population system now ?
    Actually M2 had no connection between recruitment and population. Rome1 had this but M2 connected availability of troops to buildings which would make X of a unit available and had to "refill their stocks" when you exhausted them. It's actually closer to what they're changing ToB's recruitment to.

• toskyruntoskyrun Junior Member Posts: 86Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    @CA_dionisiev and @CA_TeoKoz

guys, please give us the chance to annex the vassals of the same loyalty/faction

still missing a week, if you have not already thought about it, think about it now ... thanx
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,783Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Looking forward to giving Thrones another run though now.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • mahboi1mahboi1 Member Posts: 771Registered Users
    Wait, does the recruitment timer mean 10 or so turns replenishes the unit pool of, say huscarls, or do you get them one at a time, so one unit of huscarls per ten turns?
    Sigmar wills it!
  • cool_ladcool_lad Senior Member IndiaPosts: 2,272Registered Users
    The thing i'm really looking formward to are the AI changes. Good AI that can actually put up a challenge beyond the first fight would really help make campaigns feel less like a steamroll and force players to actually make peace and consolidate instead of just pushing forwards.
  • MalcolmMMalcolmM Posts: 2Registered Users
    Personally I think the recruitment system should be based on region & population rather than faction wide but I welcome the other changes announced.

One question though, on the modding changes...

"Also retail pack files now contain exported binaries for all basic UI components, in addition to the already existing composite templates."

I'm not an expert at modding anything past Napoleon, but would this fix the problem modders have been having with the UI when it comes to unlocking factions?

• Mstewa30Mstewa30 Posts: 350Registered Users
    Does anyone know when this is out
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,538Registered Users
    Mstewa30 said:

Next week I believe..
  • Mstewa30Mstewa30 Posts: 350Registered Users

Mstewa30 said:

Next week I believe..
    Aye, but which day?
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,416Registered Users
    Mstewa30 said:

Mstewa30 said:

Next week I believe..
    Aye, but which day?
    Wednesday or Thursday, judging by their past releases. We'll maybe get the patch notes today or tomorrow.
    Mstewa30 said:

Mstewa30 said:

Next week I believe..
    Aye, but which day?
    Fossoway said:

Mstewa30 said:

Mstewa30 said:

Next week I believe..
    Aye, but which day?
    Wednesday or Thursday, judging by their past releases. We'll maybe get the patch notes today or tomorrow.
    True, usually a Thursday but you never know as we are getting close to the holidays.
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 1,167Registered Users
    At least a little strange that there is no date known are communicated so short befor release...
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,416Registered Users
    LESAMA said:

At least a little strange that there is no date known are communicated so short befor release...

We just know for sure that the patch notes are coming this week. It was written at the end of the blog post. Normally, updates are released soon after, so it should come out before the holiday, unless some problem happens.
  • Highlander1776Highlander1776 Posts: 12Registered Users
    Would be awesome to be surprised with an update today!
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 1,167Registered Users
    Fossoway said:

LESAMA said:

We just know for sure that the patch notes are coming this week. It was written at the end of the blog post. Normally, updates are released soon after, so it should come out before the holiday, unless some problem happens.
    Thanks 🙏 Than I misunderstood. Thought ca mentioned the update coming this week. Has been quite ever since.
  • tak22tak22 Senior Member Posts: 2,386Registered Users
    From the OP: 'The Steel & Statecraft Update is coming to Thrones of Britannia next week.' The blog post also indicated the patch notes would be coming 'next week' - and of course 'next week' is this week.
  • CA_dionisievCA_dionisiev Posts: 167Registered Users, CA Staff
    Mstewa30 said:

Hey @Mstewa30 :)

The update is live now, you can download it as a regular update of the game on Steam :)
    I hope the changes are to your liking :)
    Enjoy :)
    Cheers,
    Ivan Dionisiev
    CA Sofia QA Team

FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    edited December 2018
    @CA_dionisiev
    Dear Ivan,
    can you tell us if there will be other updates or implementations or we have arrived at the game at its final form?

anyway, thanks for your work at the game! <3<3
  • CA_dionisievCA_dionisiev Posts: 167Registered Users, CA Staff
    toskyrun said:

@CA_dionisiev
    Dear Ivan,
    can you tell us if there will be other updates or implementations or we have arrived at the game at its final form?

anyway, thanks for your work at the game! <3<3 </p>

Hello @toskyrun :)

Sorry, i cannot share such details at the moment...
    I do hope that you will find this update to be an improvement on the original game, though :)
    Cheers,
    Ivan Dionisiev
    CA Sofia QA Team

FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

toskyrun said:

@CA_dionisiev
    Dear Ivan,

anyway, thanks for your work at the game! <3<3 </p>

Hello @toskyrun :)

Sorry, i cannot share such details at the moment...
    I do hope that you will find this update to be an improvement on the original game, though :)
    all right, thank you for your answer and good work! ;)
  • ShigawireShigawire Senior Member Norway, BrønnøysundPosts: 3,924Registered Users
    tak22 said:

The more I think about it, I get that it can be frustrating when you go for ages without rolling an elite unit. OTOH, making things predictable I think takes the fun out of the game. By mid-late game, you should have enough great halls that you can get 1-2 elites in a recruitment reserve pretty consistently, but I've always thought that it was a bit exciting in the early game when you had an elite drop into your recruitment pool, due to the 1-2% chances. Making it guaranteed every x number of turns is going to kill some of the excitement.

Wish there were a way to balance between the two - a guaranteed replenishment time, and an early replenishment window/chance.

Did they remove the elite unit cap? So we can recruit infinite elite units now?
    Shigawire said:

tak22 said:

The more I think about it, I get that it can be frustrating when you go for ages without rolling an elite unit. OTOH, making things predictable I think takes the fun out of the game. By mid-late game, you should have enough great halls that you can get 1-2 elites in a recruitment reserve pretty consistently, but I've always thought that it was a bit exciting in the early game when you had an elite drop into your recruitment pool, due to the 1-2% chances. Making it guaranteed every x number of turns is going to kill some of the excitement.

Wish there were a way to balance between the two - a guaranteed replenishment time, and an early replenishment window/chance.

Yes but they appear after a number of turns with only 1 slot compared to 6 for the lowest level spearman.. I think
  • mahboi1mahboi1 Member Posts: 771Registered Users

Shigawire said:

tak22 said:

Yes but they appear after a number of turns with only 1 slot compared to 6 for the lowest level spearman.. I think
    I mean why would they even change it? It was the most praised change to the formula
    Sigmar wills it!
    mahboi1 said:

Shigawire said:

tak22 said:

I mean why would they even change it? It was the most praised change to the formula
    It's pretty much the same apart from the random element. I think people liked the immediate recruitment and the fact you can only recruit a percentage of those troops. I think a lot of people didn't like the next raft of recruits were random.
  • cabbottcabbott Junior Member Posts: 31Registered Users
    Its more a way to rid the system of possibly units never replenishing. Believe the unit caps are still in, just about to go in and check.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,783Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited December 2018
    Really like the update so far. Honestly, I'd written off the game after the Allegiance update.

Started a Northymbre campaign and am enjoying the hell out of it. Couple of changes I don't really care for, but overall the game looks new, and better.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • EfixEfix Posts: 268Registered Users
    CA_TeoKoz said:

I would love to see hard caps on elites from building now !
  • EfixEfix Posts: 268Registered Users
    toskyrun said:

@CA_dionisiev and @CA_TeoKoz

guys, please give us the chance to annex the vassals of the same loyalty/faction

still missing a week, if you have not already thought about it, think about it now ... thanx

This !