Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Can you recommend a upgrade to my PC

eldarblogeldarblog Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi,

I can run Warhammer 2 but it does have a bit of difficulty. I run it on the lowest settings and want to see if I could improve my game experience with some PC upgrades can you recommend anything that would work with this PC?

Processor Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz
Installed Memory (RAM) 6GB
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745

The PC is an Alienware i believe the series is X51
Can I even upgrade this PC (is it hard)? Should I? I wouldn't want upgrades to cost more than say 300 USD I feel like any higher I should just look at a new PC.

I appreciate any advice you would give.

Thank you.
K

Comments

• psychoakpsychoak Posts: 2,129Registered Users
    My advice, is to take it outside, and burn it.

You need a new video card, new processor, and more ram. Assuming any horrifying problems with custom hardware for alienware don't come into the picture, you can replace the video card.

Replacing the processor, with the same potential limitations, is replacing it with an old one. It will probably cost you as much as a current generation processor that runs faster. Same thing on the old DDR3 ram, but that stuff is at least relatively cheap for it's performance.

I haven't looked into the case design to say for sure whether generic parts play nice or not, it's entirely possible you'd need to find alienware x51 replacement parts, which will probably cost an arm and a leg. Make damn sure things will fit if you do decide to try upgrading it, but honestly, we're probably talking $600.

Miminal ram is 8gb today.
  • eldarblogeldarblog Posts: 2Registered Users
    "My advice, is to take it outside, and burn it."

Thank you very much for your advice. While I don't plan on burning it you have highlighted that it is going to be way more trouble then I am looking to handle.
  • GreenKing1GreenKing1 Senior Member Posts: 637Registered Users
    Isn't the X51 the one with the low external power supply that can not be upgraded? If that is the case, even if you can find the parts to fit, the external power supply may not be able to handle it.