Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WH3 Discussion-Time: Nurgle 4 LLs

Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Posts: 1,094Registered Users
Greetings, worshippers of Sigmar!

I got inspired by the recent "Slaanesh LLs" thread made by @Timpeyo ...and then i told to myself~ "ya sloppy mortal! Move dat asinine human brain of yours and praise the Great Rotten God of Decay" and...well, that's it~

Enough chit-chat! Let's start:

The Glottikin ~ when the Holy Trinity's gone not-so-well...

The first thing that comes to my mind when i think about Nurgle is surely the disgusting Glottkin-Bros~ The Mind, The Face and The Fist of Nurgle...or at least they reminds me something like that :D

A Trio of Nurgle Champions who led the Followers of Nurgle in their horrific Plague War upon the Empire of Man during the apocalyptic age known simply as The End Times~
Mutated beyond their mortal forms, the Glottkins rank as the mightiest champions Nurgle has ever chosen, laying a virulent wake of destruction in their paths as they seek to corrupt the very heart of the Empire of Man, and turn its lands into a garden paradise of pus and disease.
They combine the darkest sorcery, the most virulent plagues and the most monstrous strength to butcher any opponent that stand against the terrible might of their master Papa Nurgle!

OTTO GLOTT

Otto is a formidable warrior and Chaos champion, equipped with his father's former farming scythe, and the leader of the Glottkin brothers.
His scabrous body bloated and became as tough as bark. Though the wounds he suffered on his steady rise to glory often did not heal completely, the contagions that drizzled from his opened guts grew so virulent they were soon weapons in their own right.
Otto took to coating the blade of his scythe with his own poisonous juices whenever he went into battle, cementing his reputation as a harbinger of plague. Of all the brothers, Otto is the most driven. His taste for carnage has seen the roaming Glottkin triumph against the worshipping warbands of Slaanesh, Tzeentch, even of mighty Khorne.

ETHRAC GLOTT

Ethrac is a highly schooled and powerful Sorcerer of Nurgle, radiating with the power and knowledge of Nurgle's many poxes and diseases.
A cunning and mean spirited man he enjoys devious schemes and complicated plots and could be described as a manic depressive - sometimes full of energy and fever dreams, at other times, full of melancholy and paranoia.
Ethrac's magics are insanely destructive, able to reduce men to pools of black slime and causing writhing maggots of dark energy to gnaw his foes apart from inside out.

GHURK GLOTT

The most "blessed" (well damn...nice catch, Ghurk...) of the Glott-Bros.
Once Ghurk was a tall fair man, even slight of build but he has been blessed by Nurgle to become a hulking monster and his mind shrunk even as his body grew. His hunger can not be satisfied but he usually follows his brothers commands.
A colossus of mutated muscle and decaying flesh, so large that Ghurek carries his brothers around his back and lay waste to any that seeks to harm them.
Oh yes, Ghurk could slay giants. Every day is a school day~

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What we have here is, basically, the most interesting and unique LL CA can make~ The Glottkin incarnates 3 different types of Lords:

- Sorcerer
- Monster
- Warrior

Jeez, the ultimate hothouse and the perfect mashup of the LLs in the WH Trilogy~

And since there are several hints about a very possible "The End Times" future scenario, having The Glottkin as the 1st LL of Nurgle should be a must IMO.

@misunderstoodvampire find out a nice way to implement this Terrible Trio in the game:

" There are a couple different ways CA could do it. The simplest way would be to just have all three brothers start as one model. Another way would be to make him be like Luthor Harkon. Start off with Otto Glot (footlord scythe wielding mele badass) Then he would get his mount next Ghurek Glott. Then last towards mid-end game he would get his sorcery. His brother Ethrac Glott. If CA wanted to get really crazy they could be their own Nurgle faction and have a special fusion mechanic where they would be 3 separate lords but you could fuse their armies and legendary lords together starting with Otto and Ghurek then Ethrac and you would replace their old armies with new recruitable lords."

Gutrot Spume ~ Lord of Tentacles (and no, there's not a single Hentai about him...)

If the Glott-Bros are the first thing that comes to my mind...Gutrot is surely the 2nd one~

Warlord of the Dragonbone tribe and the commander of the greatest plague fleet in the north. A proud warrior whose towering arrogance often leads him into battles against overwhelming odds, Spume has risen from the ashes of former failure to reclaim his position as one of the pre-eminent warlords of his age.
An impressive warrior, enough brave to hunt down spawn, trolls and slaughterbrutes on the tundra of his homeland...and then sunk his knife into kharibdyss, sea serpent and merwyrm alike.
Though it took Spume several months of battling not only the deadly beasts of the Sea of Claws but also the elf fleets that sought to stop him and his followers.
Gutrot's body is..."art". His left side had merged with the kraken-spawn that had taken his arm, and his entire side bristled with tentacles that writhed with a mind of their own. His gut had swollen to twice its original bulk, and his skin was the ghostly white of an undersea beast.

Alongside the Glottkin, Gutrot Spume led the Followers of Nurgle in their horrific Plague War upon the Empire of Man during the apocalyptic age known simply as the End Times~

I'm very interested to see Spume as the Nurgle's FLC LL...even if, thanks to his lore, he could be one of the 2 starting LLs.

He can buff the Putrid Blightkings-unit and, hopefuly, mount a Pox Maggot.

Epidemus ~ The Maggot King...'cause having a magical fat toad is not enough

Let's talk about one of the greatest Daemons of Nurgle.

Epidemus, the Reckoner of Mortality, is Nurgle’s chosen Tallyman, one of the seven Proctors of Pestilence and the cataloguer of all the Plaguelord's diseases.
Like Papa Nurgle, Epidemius abhors anything that distracts from the serious matters of life and death. The only sounds that can be heard are the gooey shufflings as Nurglings heave the palanquin forwards, and the irritable scratching of the Tallyman's quill as he seeks to keep his records up to date. From his perch, Epidemius surveys the thrift and splendour of Nurgle's creations, making note of casualties and infection rates as well as secondary symptoms such as unusual colourations and odours.
Of greatest interest to Epidemius are infections and fevered behaviours afflicting determined or ambitious souls. Nurgle's cankerous plagues do not merely infest the physical form, they also run virulently rampant throughout a being's soul, destroying his sense of self and moral direction as thoroughly as they corrupt his fevered body.
... A skilled observer - and there are none more skilled than the vile Epidemius — can read this flaked and crumbled trail of soul-stuff as it departs the mortal coil, gleaning all manner of knowledge and adding a portion of the spirit’s strength to his. As an offer of thanks, Epidemius' entourage strike bells and gongs when such a soul finally succumbs, ushering the tainted spirit into Nurgle's paternal and welcoming embrace. What happens to it there, none can say — least of all Epidemius, whose interest in a subject dies along with its physical shell. Happily, there are always fresh victims to investigate...

So, bois~ what we have here is an OP version of Lord Skrolk. A perfect candidate to be one of the 2 starter Nurgle's LLs...even if Festus The Leechlord is a good candidate too.

Tamurkhan ~ The Maggot Lord! Jeez, is he one of the Freddy Krueger's Dream Demons?!

His real form:

Sorry, not that one...this one:

Tamurkhan, known also as the Maggot Lord, the Son of the Great Kurgan, Master of Hosts, Bringer of Desolation and the Favored of Nurgle (Jeez, he pulled a Daenerys!) , was once one of the greatest Champion of Nurgle in recent history. Numerous legends and lies have clustered about Tamurkhan long before he had gathered his great horde, and in his fulfillment of a prophecy, struck out like a poisoned talon at the wider world beyond the Chaos Wastes. Some tales speak of him to be the millennia-old scion of the Great Kurgan, one of four sons, mighty and terrible, who each set out to the four winds to conquer in the service of the four great powers of Chaos.

Others had it that he was no more than a vermin once — a corpse-canker grown fat and clever on the spoiled entrails of the battlefield, swelled up and tranfigured in the basking light of the Eternal Battle in the uttermost north. In either case he was an arrogant, savage and monstrous warlord, and a true reveler in decay and death, fated as one of Father Nurgle's most favored children for the carnage and suffering he had wreaked in his god's name. As the leader of a decaying warband of fanatical acolytes and twisted monstrosities and riding upon his mighty mount, Bubebolos the Toad Dragon, Tamurkhan carved a bloody path for himself on the road to victory, amassing around him a great host in his master's name.

...And that's the hardest part~ 'cause Tamurkhan is one of the greatest Nurgle's Lords, with a very intersting lore and as strong as the Glottkin.
Perfect enemy for a possible future Cathay addition ;)
Should he be a Lord Pack-Lord? A starter Lord? An FLC Lord?

@Pocman did an intersting thread about him~ check it out:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/231877/champion-of-nurgle-tamurkhan#latest

Honorable Mention ~ The Maggot Riders

The Maggot Riders are a trio of Chaos Champions hailing from the frigid northlands of Icehorn Peak. They are so named because the three Champions are known to ride into battle ontop of three massive, maggot-like Daemon mounts called Pox Maggots. The three Champions are:

- Orghotts Daemonspew - Orghott is the Bastard King of Icehorn Peak and the leader of the Maggot Riders.

- Bloab Rotspawned - Bloab, Lord of the Daemonflies, is the emissary of Nurgle's presence within the world and the Sorcerer of the Maggot Riders.

- Morbedix is the third member of the Maggot Riders and the leader of his own horde of Nurgling followers.

I hope to see some generic Nurgle Champions7Sorcerer Lord like 'em in the game. <3

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
- Gilead's Blood: 8/10
- Riders of the Dead: 9/10
- Empire in Chaos: 9/10
- Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
- Mark of Heresy: 7/10
- G&F: Trollslayer: 6.5/10
- G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
- G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
- G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
- G&F: Beastslayer: 8.5/10
- G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
- G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10

Comments

• PocmanPocman Posts: 2,377Registered Users
    Why no Kugath Plaguefather? He throws nurglings! Little shrieking balls of fat and pus!

Imho, Kugath Plaguefather > Epidemus, which wasn't even a LL (just a hero) and didn't even fight (too busy writing, nurglings had to do it instead, but did it without their usual antics because reading/writing must be done in silence).
  • Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Posts: 1,094Registered Users
    Pocman said:

Why no Kugath Plaguefather? He throws nurglings! Little shrieking balls of fat and pus!

Imho, Kugath Plaguefather > Epidemus, which wasn't even a LL (just a hero) and didn't even fight (too busy writing, nurglings had to do it instead, but did it without their usual antics because reading/writing must be done in silence).

I know, i know :D

The fact is...i don't like him that much~ but i can see Ku'gath > Epidemus.

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
    - Gilead's Blood: 8/10
    - Riders of the Dead: 9/10
    - Empire in Chaos: 9/10
    - Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
    - Mark of Heresy: 7/10
    - G&F: Trollslayer: 6.5/10
    - G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
    - G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
    - G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
    - G&F: Beastslayer: 8.5/10
    - G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
    - G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
  • LudboneLudbone Posts: 856Registered Users
    If CA can make:

1. Glottkin
    2. Tamurkhan
    3. Ku'gath
    4. Gutrot

and creating the Maggot Riders as 3 special tree lords using different generic Nurgle lords like they did with Vamp Coast. . . then I'm in Heaven, like for real.
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 1,565Registered Users
    Great work! Though if we don't get the Sisters of Twilight (I am pretty sure CA said they were not able to implement them due to limitiations of the software) I don't have much hope for the Glottkin I'm afraid.
    Goatforce said:

Great work! Though if we don't get the Sisters of Twilight (I am pretty sure CA said they were not able to implement them due to limitiations of the software) I don't have much hope for the Glottkin I'm afraid.

That is ****. Skarsnik works exactly in the same way.

The Glottkin would be no difference than, for example, Harkon in his terrorgheist.

I do think, however, that the Glottkin wouldn't feel as special in TWWH. At the end of the day, it would be just one monster.

• FossowayFossoway Posts: 1,579Registered Users
    We need Gutrot Spume, Lord of Tentacles, in the game. Just think of the memes, people. THE MEMES!
  • kelembriborkelembribor Posts: 332Registered Users
    Actually I don't mind Glottkin design so much or their origin story only their ties to "Endzeiten", their models are much better than Festus or Epidemius one.
    Nurgle combined mortal and daemon army would have lot of potential with focusing on wearing down the enemy with it's diseases and toughness but being slow.

• WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,224Registered Users
    I'd prefer WoC got a Nurgle faction with Tamurkhan and Festus the Leechlord as LLs and the Daemons of Nurgle faction have Ku'gath Plaguefather and Epidemious. All grounded in 8th edition or at least FW with an even distribution across the armybooks and keeping with the general pattern of melee and caster dynamic.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 1,382Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    Nice write up. Personally I hope for Tamurkhan more than any other Nurgle LL. I can totally see the Maggot Riders being some part of the tech tree. I wonder if we can get Pox Maggots as a sort of Nurgle centerpiece unit? Nurgle gets so much fun stuff with toads, flies, maggots, and the best puppies.

But, while I love the nurgly stuff, I think I have decided I am going to pledge myself to Tzeentch to start with in Game 3. As much as I love Nurgle I'm hoping more for Kairos, Vilitch, Galrauch and the Changeling (Even if the Blue Scribes would make more sense).
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 8,703Registered Users
    FESTUS! FESTUS! FESTUS! No effin Festus the Leechlord? Lame. Glottkin, get out. You're an unnecessary End Times invention! Festus is far more interesting! :tongue:

Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 2,546Registered Users

Actually I don't mind Glottkin design so much or their origin story only their ties to "Endzeiten", their models are much better than Festus or Epidemius one.
    Nurgle combined mortal and daemon army would have lot of potential with focusing on wearing down the enemy with it's diseases and toughness but being slow.

Ohhhh my god I am getting the collectors edition the second I see this.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • GodWillTellGodWillTell Posts: 511Registered Users
    Nice list.
    I'm getting myself into Khorne, but holy cow Nurgle has such cool characters!!
    I'm looking at this for Nurgle roster.

#FORGHORGON
  • GodWillTellGodWillTell Posts: 511Registered Users

Count me in too.

#FORGHORGON
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 2,457Registered Users
    Ahh, Papa Nurgle's pestilent sons. The more rot we bring to the table the less we leave for Bone Daddy to enslave.

Spread the noxious love.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 8,703Registered Users
    I think we need Burblespue Halescourge as Lord or Hero :tongue:
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • makar55makar55 Posts: 1,423Registered Users

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  • YakintonYakinton Posts: 202Registered Users
    Glottkin, Tamurkhan and Ku'Gath Plaguefather, the forth can be any of the onces you meantioned, have no opinion
  • Tears_After_HateTears_After_Hate Posts: 91Registered Users
    My dream is creating an army with Tamurkhan, Glottkin and Maggot Riders. :) I'm fine with everyone else after them.

He was a hard boss in Vermintide 2 :) if hope to see heroes or lords like him in the Nurgle army.

Count me in too.
    Me too. :D
  • misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Posts: 485Registered Users

I hope we get everyone but Valnir
    My most wanted though are

1. Glotkin
    2. Ku’gath
    3. Tamurkhan
    4. Festus
  • DSDSDSDDSDSDSD Posts: 49Registered Users
    Sadly, I don't think we will get this much chaos unless Daemons are EVENTUALLY implemented with monogod options. Otherwise, we will see the standard one LL per god for the Daemons and possibly mortal champions for an updated Warriors of Chaos roster.
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Posts: 1,864Registered Users
    0/10 no greater daemon. ;)

But seriously though...
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 11,737Registered Users, Moderators
    Nurgle's Daemons should be represented by Daemons, I agree. Either Princes or Greater Daemons.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Posts: 2,815Registered Users

1. Glotkin
    2. Ku’gath
    3. Tamurkhan
    4. Festus

I'd rather see Valnir for Norsca
  • ArthasmenethrilArthasmenethril Senior Member Posts: 4,322Registered Users

1. Glotkin
    2. Ku’gath
    3. Tamurkhan
    4. Festus

I'd rather see Valnir for Norsca
    Which isn't going to happen for Norsca since that conflicts with their race mechanic. As Valnir is a champion of Nurgle and Norsca LLs are going to be characters who aren't dedicated to one god.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Posts: 1,786Registered Users
    My guess. Ku'gath (Greater Daemon) and Epidemius (Lessed Daemon) for the Base Game.

Bubonicus (Daemon Prince) for FLC.

The Glottkin (Champion) for the Lord Pack.

Festus the Leechlord for the WoC Warriors of Nurgle sub-faction.

Tamurkhan would be one of the LLs for the Kurgan Tribes DLC.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 472Registered Users
    edited December 2018
    Nice list, thanks for the mention. I'd Def recommend people reading Tamurkhans story if thaey haven't, paints a perfect picture off nurgles rot. I've only recently read about blight kings because off there possible hint in vampire coast. love this guy's story on how they were created

Bloab Rotspawned

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Bloab_Rotspawned

FESTUS! FESTUS! FESTUS! No effin Festus the Leechlord? Lame. Glottkin, get out. You're an unnecessary End Times invention! Festus is far more interesting! :tongue:

Festus is literally a "randomepusballNurgle model". He brings nothing special nor has any importance in lore. Useless.
    edited December 2018
    DSDSDSD said:

Sadly, I don't think we will get this much chaos unless Daemons are EVENTUALLY implemented with monogod options. Otherwise, we will see the standard one LL per god for the Daemons and possibly mortal champions for an updated Warriors of Chaos roster.

I think the most likely option is either a DoC Nurgle faction with one LL and a Woc Nurgle faction with another:

Ku'gath and Tamurkhan.

Edit: for some reason, unlike the other monogod armies, which bore me, for some reason Nurgle I like. Should I tell this to a psychiatrist?