Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Help!

Vladeks87Vladeks87 Posts: 2Registered Users
Can you help me, I plan to buy PC and can you tell me can I run total war warhammer 2 on that PC (I do not have him yet), PC specifications:

i5-2400 3.1
8 GB RAM
500 GB HDD
NVidia GT 1030 2GB ddr5

Comments

• psychoakpsychoak Posts: 1,779Registered Users
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Do NOT buy a system with a GT 1030 for playing modern video games.

With that computer, you'll have 10-20 fps in battle, even going to low wont get you much of an improvement.

Not a gaming computer!
  • Vladeks87Vladeks87 Posts: 2Registered Users
    If I compare this:

i5-2400 3.1
    8 GB RAM
    500 GB HDD
    NVidia GT 1030 2GB ddr5

with this

Total War: WARHAMMER II

MINIMUM:
    Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 3.0Ghz
    Memory: 5 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 460 1GB | AMD Radeon HD 5770 1GB | Intel HD4000 @720p
    DirectX: Version 11
    Storage: 60 GB available space

than that PC can run the game (graphic card NVidia GT 1030 2GB ddr5 is better than those in recommended specif.) and som people tell me that PC can run game some that it cant so I think I will by it and if it can not run game than I will buy after some time new graphic card and than can play this game.
  • psychoakpsychoak Posts: 1,779Registered Users
    The PC can run the game, as I said, you'll get 10-20fps even with low graphics settings. That's technically still running the game.

Your understanding of whether a card is better, on the other hand, is flawed.

Newer is not better. A GT1030, is newer than all the 900 series cards. It is, however, still slower than most of them. You have to get all the way down to a GTX 950 before you finally get a slower card than the GT 1030.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-770-vs-Nvidia-GT-1030/2174vsm283726

This card is massively slow compared to the recommended specs. It is, in fact, very similar in power to the GTX 460 listed in those minimum specifications.

1030's are not gaming video cards. They are entry level graphics, so you can go several years back in performance gaming hardware before you get down to how slow they are.

That computer is literally a minimum spec machine, and it's going to run the game absolutely horribly. It's 6 year old hardware aside from the video card, and the CPU was a budget version back then.