Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A plea to make the AI look after their generals more!

JamboJambo MemberPosts: 263Registered Users
Only warhammer has managed to successful tackle the suicidal Al general issue that has plagued nearly ever TW title ever made. Thrones again falls into this category where every battle is simply a matter of kill the AI general to win.

There’s no building up of an Al general, there’s no building up of vengeance against a 5 Star AI general. There’s no longevity of generals. The first battle they lose, they die in.

Tactical withdrawals are an ok option!

Comments

• Highlander1776Highlander1776 Posts: 12Registered Users
    I think the generals unit could be stronger and tougher to kill, but I don’t let very many of my generals die. So I am not sure what you are doing wrong to be losing so many generals in battle. Protect your general more?
  • dearmaddearmad Junior Member Posts: 21Registered Users
    He's talking about the AI general, guy. Not HIS.
  • HectorSalamancaHectorSalamanca Junior Member Posts: 59Registered Users
    edited January 8
    Why doesn't the AI ever retreat their general if the battle is lost? It is a simple solution using a mechanic which already exists which I always use as a player.

Edit: not that a I lose a lot of battles or anything
  • FranzSaxonFranzSaxon Posts: 2,357Registered Users

Why doesn't the AI ever retreat their general if the battle is lost? It is a simple solution using a mechanic which already exists which I always use as a player.

Lmao who cares what anyone thinks if you lose alot of battles. Its a video game.
  • sunshinetroopersunshinetrooper Posts: 68Registered Users

If an engaged unit retreats, it tends to lose a lot of men and if it is broken, quite often the player just gets their number below 10, so they don't appear post battle or/and to kill the general.