Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why i will not buy "Three Kingdoms"

ferundalferundal Junior MemberPosts: 44Registered Users
I am big fun of Total War series, but i do not buy Trons of Britania and do not gonna buy Three Kingdom.

Why?

Because i bought TW:R2 (4600 h), TW:Atilla (500h), TW:WH1 (600h), TW:WH2 (1300h) with all DLC to that games and did no not play as all factions and campaings.

It is too much new Total Wars and i have not much time to really enjoy them all.

I wrote it coz i think Total War Three Kingdoms will be good game, but many of you old fans will not buy it for same reason.

Comments

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 2,979Registered Users
    What's the reason again?
  • ferundalferundal Junior Member Posts: 44Registered Users
    They are publishing their games/dlc once too often.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 9,846Registered Users
    Well I agree that the timing was not the best, and CA seems to had been spread too thin, lately.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Trivia/TotalWarWarhammerII
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Posts: 1,165Registered Users
    I'm waiting for another TW, I do keep playing the old games but they are getting old and feeling samey. However I wont be getting 3K at release as so far been disappointed or apathetic with everything they've said and shown of it. Add in the mess from the last TW I pre-ordered, R2...
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 17,831Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Commisar said:

I'm waiting for another TW, I do keep playing the old games but they are getting old and feeling samey. However I wont be getting 3K at release as so far been disappointed or apathetic with everything they've said and shown of it. Add in the mess from the last TW I pre-ordered, R2...

What game/era are you wanting? I've been looking for something like the 3K time period for over 15 years, so this offering is right up my interest alley.

I personally would like another guns & powder but I suspect that type format is more years down the road than I have left for playing computer games... (I still play TW Empire regularly... ;) )
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • ferundalferundal Junior Member Posts: 44Registered Users
    dge1 said:

I personally would like another guns & powder but I suspect that type format is more years down the road than I have left for playing computer games... (I still play TW Empire regularly... ;) )

U can play gun&powder in TW:WH2 :D

• TayvarTayvar Posts: 9,846Registered Users
    ferundal said:

dge1 said:

U can play gun&powder in TW:WH2 :D
    Not with all Total War: Warhammer Trilogy factions, but yes that Setting have a Gunpowder. :)

4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Posts: 1,165Registered Users
    dge1 said:

What game/era are you wanting? I've been looking for something like the 3K time period for over 15 years, so this offering is right up my interest alley.

I'd like a renaissance or Victoria period one however currently I'd still not buy these. I like 3K, it was one of the periods I wanted to see but I'm not a fan of the way it's been handled.

I do, well did. Taking a break after playing a campaign as all factions last year :smiley:
  • ikkiikki Junior Member Posts: 111Registered Users
    medieval I, the last time ships were fun as you built shipchains for instant teleportation and trade. And holding sialnds was really critical as some ships always ended up sinking from storms and whatnot and thus the chain was broken and needed replenishing.
  • cauldronjotycauldronjoty Posts: 12Registered Users
    edited June 11
    I'm not buying it for the same reason I did not buy Warhammer series and basically any game after Medieval 2 - no hotseat mode. (Except Rome 2 and Atilla. I made an exception there, which now I regret.)

And also because the battles have become too fast-paced and arcade-like.

(And also because I'm not particularly interested in medieval China as much as I am interested in early and high medieval Europe, but that is only a minor reason.)
    "My life's purpose is to reintroduce Hotseat/email Mode back to the awesome Total War series, so people can play with friends without the need to be online all at once." Me, 2018 B)