Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Questions regarding how to deal with artillery box as WE

DerpmaidenDerpmaiden Posts: 91Registered Users
Since I'm relatively new to playing WE. I would like some suggestions on dealing with mass artillery like hellstorm cannon, mortars, etc. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Posts: 7,259Registered Users

Since I'm relatively new to playing WE. I would like some suggestions on dealing with mass artillery like hellstorm cannon, mortars, etc. Thank you in advance.

Waystalker, Deepwood scouts, waywatchers, vanguard, Arrow of Kurnous, eagles, dodging between shots, terrain.
  • razavivrazaviv Posts: 44Registered Users

If somone noobboxes like that dont play theyre game,hide your troops in the forrest or away from the range of the artilery while harrasing the enemy whith aoe spells from a caster or using mobile skirmishers like lotus moon suggested,dont ecourge this type of play
  • Wyvern2Wyvern2 Posts: 1,256Registered Users
    If it's from a faction like empire, you can also just rush them if you have a super aggressive build. Empire state troops are a bit flimsy and as long as you shut down enemy cav with your own shooting/monsters you should be set. Vs factions like dwarves or high elves youre gonna have to play more cautiously like Lotus suggested, though aggressive work is still possible(at least vs dwarves, especially if you land a nice amber spear or something)
    Regularly publish Total War: Warhammer 2 content on my YT channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPI93p-X2T4YKD18O16bhPw
  • PocmanPocman Posts: 2,382Registered Users
    In my experience, artillery boxes are easy to deal with as WE.

The problem as WE is good players with good area management that combine artillery and wide, intelligent formations that make approaching the artillery impossible.
  • Raul77Raul77 Posts: 18Registered Users
  • JoukeSeinstraJoukeSeinstra Posts: 257Registered Users
    Depends. Empire artillery doesn't win battles of its own, not one unit of the Empire does. They depend on maneuvering through combined arms. The Empire does not want direct confrontation. Because of that, it has many tactical options.

Think of it like a chess game with different pieces each match.

Artillery pressurizes the line, Rook.
    Skirmishers thin the line, Pawn.
    Infantry holds the line, Pawn.
    Cavalry breaks the line, Knight
    Ranged Cavalry disrupts the line, Knight.
    Lords support the line, King.
    Heroes support the supporters, Bishop.
    Wizards are flexible. Queen.

The more balanced an army, the more skill it requires to control, the more options it has to solve or create problems.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file