Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Trials of Tzeentch playlist in multiplayer

PdcGunnerPdcGunner Posts: 304Registered Users
edited December 2018 in Multiplayer
Just today I got really sick and tired of playing faction switch as people kept switching to good matchup factions, kite builds, camping the back of the map. People saying they always pick this faction while it just so happens to be an advantageous against mine.

I had a person pick VC, I picked Chaos, then they immediately picked Empire and queued to be ready.

I don’t want to play these games or play an uphill fight against someone all the time.

So could we have an auto gen playlist where it randomizes faction and units with no option to switch or reroll.

In my opinion, even if I get a bad matchup, I don’t get frustrated since it was random. It would not be ranked and would just be a Fun not as sweaty time.

Maybe I shouldn’t use quick match or try to fix a trials discord.

Edit: I realized I soapboxed too much. Generally I just want an mess around casual playlist and think Trials of Tzeentch official mode would be the best way to accomplish that.

Maybe even subcommanders.
Post edited by PdcGunner on
Tagged:

Comments

• AnotherElfAnotherElf Posts: 54Registered Users
    Same.
    I’ve been hoping for a trials of tzeentch playlist forever and it’s a nice opportunity to get used to units I rarely touch, too.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 14,241Registered Users
    I've got a super simple solution; have it so you can't see your opponents race.

Done.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Posts: 1,650Registered Users

Done.

Well at least when selecting races. I do think you should be able to see your opponent's race when determining your actual build.

But I agree, you should queue up into quick battles as a race, and you should be locked into that race no matter what you get matched against. Then you can tinker with your specific build only after race selection is revealed.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 14,241Registered Users
    Valkaar said:

Done.

Well at least when selecting races. I do think you should be able to see your opponent's race when determining your actual build.

But I agree, you should queue up into quick battles as a race, and you should be locked into that race no matter what you get matched against. Then you can tinker with your specific build only after race selection is revealed.
    Have it so you can't see your opponents race until you can no longer back out without penalty and can not change your race.*
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • WakaWaka3000WakaWaka3000 Junior Member Posts: 446Registered Users
    As much as I think different "gamemodes" for multiplayer would be good, I think adding different queuing options for these would segment the already-small multiplayer player base, and it would make it harder to find games. So methinks it probably won't happen.
  • haynamshaynams Posts: 262Registered Users
    Counter-picking sucks. Worse than that, I’ve noticed people picking a race, readying up, and then switching to the meta counterpick with seconds left on the countdown, and immediately re-readying up (ie w/n half a second of choosing the new race - either hoping you don’t notice or you can’t create a new list in time... bush league af).

Just queue up with your chosen race ala Starcraft 2 and take a loss if you back out of the match once in lobby. Don’t know why this is so hard.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file