Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Meet the Warlords: Warlord Poster Master List

CA_EllaCA_Ella Posts: 298Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team
edited January 16 in General Discussion
Looking for warlord posters? You've come to the right place!

You can also find all the Warlord Legend blog posts here: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/234204/warlord-legends-master-list

CAO CAO

Cunning and merciless, this strategic mastermind favours the divide and conquer approach, expertly manipulating others to do his bidding.

XIAHOU DUN

Xiahou Dun is a legendary one-eyed General fiercely loyal to Cao Cao. In a battle against Lü Bu’s forces in the late 190s he was hit in the eye with a stray arrow. He proceeded to yank the arrow out, devour his own eyeball, then charge towards the enemy General, Cao Xing, killing him on the spot.

XU CHU

Meet Xu Chu, the indomitable general and one of Cao Cao’s most trusted officers. His colossal size and fierce strength make him a key figure on any battlefield, while his immense loyalty and bravery have earned him a plethora of military accolades and titles.

DIAN WEI

Meet Dian Wei, a hulking powerhouse of a man and loyal bodyguard of Cao Cao. Famed for his immense physical strength and iron will, Dian Wei is known for fighting off scores of enemy troops without breaking a sweat.

XIAHOU YUAN

Meet Xiahou Yuan, the fiercely brave and resourceful general loyal to Cao Cao. Famed for immense battlefield speed and guile, he’s earned a place as an officer of great renown.

SUN JIAN

Meet Sun Jian, said to be descended from legendary strategist Sun Tzu. Known for his courageousness, resourcefulness, and thrill seeking nature, he cuts a powerful figure as the head of the Sun family.

SUN REN

Meet Sun Ren, daughter of warlord Sun Jian and younger sister of Sun Quan and Sun Ce. Fiercely determined, eager to prove herself on the battlefield like her brothers, and skilled with blade and bow, Lady Sun is a force to be reckoned with.

SUN QUAN

Meet Sun Quan, second son of warlord Sun Jian and younger brother of Sun Ce. First Emperor of Eastern Wu, Sun Quan is a patient, confident, and diligent ruler. He takes calculated risks to protect the Sun family’s future.

GAN NING

Gan Ning is a military officer loyal to the Kingdom of Wu, fighting in numerous battles for the Sun family. He’s wild, impatient, and fearless. During his youth, he led a pirate group that infamously wore bells to "warn" their enemies of their impending doom.

SUN CE

Meet Sun Ce, eldest child of warlord Sun Jian and brother of Sun Quan and Sun Ren. Although relatively young, he has proven himself a fearless warrior, talented commander, and ambitious general. Famed for his military victories in Jiangdong that laid the foundation for the Kingdom of Wu, he’s very much earned his nickname the "Little Conqueror".

ZHOU YU

Meet Zhou Yu, Wu's finest strategist, loyal officer of the Sun family, and close friend to both Sun Ce and Sun Quan. Calm and intelligent, Zhou Yu is a wise military tactician who sees through most of his enemies' ploys.

LIU BEI

Humble, virtuous and kind, Liu Bei is an inspiring presence, forging unshakeable bonds with those who follow him...

GUAN YU

Guan Yu is a fierce and noble general serving under Liu Bei. One of the greatest warriors in China with a keen intellect, Zhang Fei looked up to him as his older brother. His magnificent beard was known throughout the land, and he was often nicknamed ‘Beautiful Beard’ by his peers.

ZHANG FEI

Zhang Fei is a stubborn, strong warrior with a fierce temper who refuses to back down or retreat. Liu Bei and Guan Yu, his oath brothers, command his deepest loyalty and he’d sacrifice himself for them in an instant.

ZHUGE LIANG

Zhuge Liang is the Imperial Chancellor of the state of Shu. An incredibly shrewd strategist and accomplished scholar. Zhuge Liang chose to join Liu Bei after seeing that he was a noble, man of the people. Constantly thinking one step ahead, he remains calm and calculated.

MA TENG

Ma Teng is a born survivor. He’s well equipped to withstand the harsh conditions of the arid plains, mountainous regions and the deep jungle. But above all, Ma Teng is driven by loyalty. He is kind to others and respected by many.

HAN SUI

Han Sui is a military general and Ma Teng’s sworn brother. Although he appears to be a minor warlord, he prefers to stay behind the scenes and place someone else in the position of leadership while holding the real power himself.

MA CHAO

Ma Chao is the son and heir of the warlord Ma Teng. He’s an accomplished warrior known for his aggression and bravery on the battlefield. He’s also earned the nickname Ma Chao the Splendid due to his magnificent armour.

LIU BIAO

Liu Biao is widely known as a lover of scholarly pursuits and holds a great appreciation of etiquette and nobility. Nicknamed the Gentleman of the Han, he serves the Han with an unwavering sense of duty, hoping that the chaos will subside and the status quo be preserved.

HUANG ZHONG

Huang Zhong may be elderly, but he has a youthful air and is still in strong health. He is known for being a brave and fierce warrior, and is a skilled archer who has a reputation for never missing.

ZHANG YAN

Zhang Yan is the leader of the Black Mountain bandits, to attack him is to invite both deception and ambush. An opportunist, Zhang Yan seeks to form alliances and friendships with anyone that will further his own interests, be they noble or tyrant.

YUAN SHAO

As the Han’s loyal defender, Yuan Shao stormed Luoyang to liberate the emperor and personally slaughtered the treacherous eunuchs. He rose to power due to his outstanding reputation, wealth, and prestige. Though he lacks in substance, his ostentatious style is beyond doubt.

ZHENG JIANG

As the Han empire crumbles, Zheng Jiang only laughs as she sees an institution she hates go down in flames. They know nothing of hunger or fear, their power was given to them rather than earned. Zheng Jiang seizes her own glory through her merciless fury and unrelenting strength.

KONG RONG

Kong Rong earnestly believes that the bureaucracy of China can only succeed through the support of education. Focusing on wisdom and learning, Kong Rong tries to encourage prosperity through knowledge and insight to better the people and the economy.

TAISHI CI

A skilled archer and honest above all else, Taishi Ci always honours his word. Loyal to the end, he will do all that he can to serve his masters well, even if that means endangering his own life. There is no man more trustworthy than the virtuous Taishi Ci.

YUAN SHU

Yuan Shu believes that only he has the means - and the right - to wield true power. The prestigious name of Yuan weighs heavily upon his shoulders, as does the blustering of his half-brother Yuan Shao. Only by demonstrating his legitimacy can he prove his right to rule.

ZHAO YUN

Zhao Yun has a steadfast sense of moral duty and will always do what he thinks is right, no matter how dangerous. As a charismatic and skilled warrior, Zhao Yun fights for justice, and will follow none but the most righteous of warlords.

GONGSUN ZAN

Gongsun Zan is heard like a clarion call above the chaos. He stands firm in his beliefs and is unafraid to do what he feels to be right. As defender of the dangerous fringes of the empire, Gongsun Zan believes that military precision must be observed in all things.

YUE JIN

One of Cao Cao’s most courageous generals, Yue Jin was always willing to put his own life in danger for those he deemed worthy of respect. He went on to become one of China’s most famed generals, having fought against the infamous Lü Bu on more than one occasion, and survived…

XU HUANG

A model of integrity, Xu Huang is both a great warrior and an astute general, having defeated numerous legendary generals in his time under Cao Cao. Extremely respectful, Xu Huang never fails to be courteous to friends and enemies alike.

SIMA YI

Blessed with great intelligence from a young age, Sima Yi is one of China’s greatest strategists. Loyal only to himself, he schemes and plots to outwit Zhuge Liang and pave the way for his own family to usurp the throne and establish a new dynasty.

LIU ZHANG

The youngest son of Liu Yan, Liu Zhang ruled over the Yi Province. While he maintained peace in his realm, some view him to be a foolish and incapable ruler. He is easily taken in by tricks and deception, and will choose the wellbeing of his subjects over his own ambition.

TAO QIAN

Tao Qian is a diligent and sincere governor with an eye for those who have the true interests of the people at heart. Having thwarted an invasion from Cao Cao with help from Liu Bei, the two began a friendship that would influence Liu Bei’s own style of governance.
Post edited by CA_Ella on

Comments

• SheghtSheght Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited January 3
    CA_Ella said:

Thanks, but you need to add in this "right place" the posters of Gan Ning, Han Sui, Kong Rong, Ma Teng, Sun Quan, Taishi Ci, Yuan Shao and Xiahou Yuan.
    edited January 3
    And why is the last name of Liu Biao written with the traditional character and that of Liu Bei with the simplified? It's strange.
  • CA_EllaCA_Ella Posts: 298Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team
    Sheght said:

CA_Ella said:

Thanks, but you need to add in this "right place" the posters of Gan Ning, Han Sui, Kong Rong, Ma Teng, Sun Quan, Taishi Ci, Yuan Shao and Xiahou Yuan.
    And now they have been.
  • tfwoods3tfwoods3 Posts: 844Registered Users
    Has Cao Cao always had that string coming off his hat?
  • mahboi1mahboi1 Member Posts: 739Registered Users
    edited January 3
    You posted Sun Jian twice
    Sigmar wills it!
  • AkaZedxxAkaZedxx Posts: 6Registered Users
    I want to see something new instead of a summary
  • ystyst Posts: 5,250Registered Users
    Sheght said:

And why is the last name of Liu Biao written with the traditional character and that of Liu Bei with the simplified? It's strange.

0 relevance, traditional and simplified r the same. Any chinese can understand such simple interchangeable stuffs
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
    Unit stats compare courtesy of Seal62 https://total-war-unit-compare.herokuapp.com/
    yst said:

Sheght said:

0 relevance, traditional and simplified r the same. Any chinese can understand such simple interchangeable stuffs
    It's wrong to use traditional and simplified characters in the same context. Either one or the other.
  • FredrinFredrin Senior Member LondonPosts: 3,012Registered Users
    I take it these will all be included as A2 posters with a hard copy of the game :trollface:
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 1,870Registered Users
    edited January 8
    Could we get Warlord Legend's blogs for the Yellow Turban DLC characters too, please?
  • KingMitch2319KingMitch2319 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Is it me or are they missing a few champions?
  • ImperatorAnonimusImperatorAnonimus Posts: 302Registered Users

Is it me or are they missing a few champions?

Zhou Tai where? Cheng Pu where?? Diaochan wh--wait.
  • YaafmYaafm Posts: 1,275Registered Users
    This is interesting, but there are a ton more heroic figures in the world. I wonder how many Warlords will be considered 'legendary' or interesting enough to make them a bit more unique. And some of these are lesser 'Leaders' of factions we cannot play.

No posters yet for Dong Zhuo or Lu Bu either. I know we dont start as them but we should be able to catpture them.
  • ImperatorAnonimusImperatorAnonimus Posts: 302Registered Users
    Yaafm said:

This is interesting, but there are a ton more heroic figures in the world. I wonder how many Warlords will be considered 'legendary' or interesting enough to make them a bit more unique. And some of these are lesser 'Leaders' of factions we cannot play.

No posters yet for Dong Zhuo or Lu Bu either. I know we dont start as them but we should be able to catpture them.

I'm almost positive we will be. Not giving them legendary traits would be horribly remiss.

I just hope they don't forget Huang Gai. :<

Yaafm said:

I'm almost positive we will be. Not giving them legendary traits would be horribly remiss.

I just hope they don't forget Huang Gai. :<</p>
    I think they will leave quite a few for DLC/FC or maybe fix some to become 'legendary' at later dates. Like a 'Legendary Pack' or something.
  • Shogun_SanjuroShogun_Sanjuro Posts: 75Registered Users
    edited February 3
    This can't be all of them.

Where's Zhang Liao? We've seen that he has a unique model/portrait.

Also, as DLC, you better make Pang De unique and he better look almost like how he does in Dynasty Warriors or I will be FUMING! *huff puff*
    Ok, you revealed Dong Zhou's. Now give us the posters for him and his generals!
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Posts: 1,507Registered Users
    I think it will be tonight.
  • cataphract72cataphract72 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Yes I think Dong Zhuo, Lu Bu, and Zhang Liao? their posters please?
    edited February 10
    So looking through the posters again, some of the Commander Warlords got unique abilitys compared to others. Yuan Shao, Cao Cao, Lui Bei, all have unique in combat buffs it looks like. They are the more combative on the field generals so I guess it makes some sense.

Yuan Shu, Liu Biao, Sun Quan, and Liu Zhang all have the exact same 3 abilitys, which OK, they are more administrative guys. But since the posters are only showing Combat stuff, what makes them better in game? Im a little worried about balance with the 2 starting warlord Yuan Shu and Liu Biao. What gives them equal footing as a Warlord with the ones that get in combat abilitys?

Yes, I know, no one was really up to the Level of Cao Cao in history, but this has been gamified so was wondering what makes at least the 3 on equal footing, not to worried about non-playable Liu Zhang (he didnt fit on the page)

Post edited by Yaafm on
    Why was this unstickied?
  • ZZHZZH Posts: 28Registered Users

Yaafm said:

I just hope they don't forget Huang Gai. :<</p>
    Unfortunently, they did forget about Huang Gai... Hopefully they will release a DLC of other legendary characters.

It would be pretty cool if they can make Huang Gai look like the one in Tiger Knight.