Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

O-k it is January, when will we get taser for LP?

MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 11,019
If it is to come at the end of this month or beginning of the next one I would expect teasing to happen very soon, maybe even this week! Or the next one at latest.
animacja-sygn-3.gif

Comments

• BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 3,764
    Sadly, I don’t think we’re getting any teaser for quite a while. Few months at least. Grace from CA already said no new content for Warhammer before 3 Kingdoms release.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    I'm betting on an announcement part way through May and the DLC coming at the last possible moment of the month.
  • MrMecHMrMecH Registered Users Posts: 2,358
    Nope until Three Kingdoms release. It might be trailer in April and release in May.
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 24,761
    Depends if the LP is coming in Feb or not. 50-50.
    I apologize in for everything I say till around 29/04
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,857
    Is it four months we’ve gotten used to waiting? In that case I wouldn’t expect anything this month. However I wouldn’t necessarily discard the notion that this Lord pack would come sooner. Not expecting it though. TWW2 is slow paced in comparison to TWW1 but at least the quality is a bit higher.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,019
    RikRiorik said:

Is it four months we’ve gotten used to waiting? In that case I wouldn’t expect anything this month. However I wouldn’t necessarily discard the notion that this Lord pack would come sooner. Not expecting it though. TWW2 is slow paced in comparison to TWW1 but at least the quality is a bit higher.

QnC quality was pretty mediocre. Low effort LP.

And CP, well, according to CA 2 more LL are a result of cut mini campaign.

The wait time has more to do with TW:WHII dedicated team lies.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 1,448
    edited January 2019
    Just wait the new What The Teams Are Working On. Imo it is far better than a simple "Lords Pack is coming!" statement.
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,552
    edited January 2019
    Is something like May really possible ? That is quite long! Wow !
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,845
    edited January 2019
    Bonutz619 said:

Sadly, I don’t think we’re getting any teaser for quite a while. Few months at least. Grace from CA already said no new content for Warhammer before 3 Kingdoms release.

Nope she didn't, she implied there was nothing coming before 3K, but she could not give any hints that there was something coming (even if there is) as there has not been an announcement or official teases, so you should probably take that statement with a pinch of salt. That said it is probably the case that we will have to wait till 3K, if we don't I would expect an announcement (or at least hints) sometime in the next 2 weeks.
    DarkLordD said:

To me this "Lords Pack steal 3 Kingdoms buyers" is a very big and stinky horse ****.

How could LP take away 3K buyers if it comes in feb?

Anyway i'm fine with "LP after 3K" but only O.N.L.Y if this means having the best LP ever, or something similar. Like 5 units for each race and not stupid recolors. Verminlord and Skink Oracle w/ Troglodon as lords, real true LL's like Thanquol, Ikit, Skreech and Tehenhauin and Gor-Rok. . . not unknown characters like Tretch or Ghorst.

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,845
    Ludbone said:

DarkLordD said:

To me this "Lords Pack steal 3 Kingdoms buyers" is a very big and stinky horse ****.

Anyway i'm fine with "LP after 3K" but only O.N.L.Y if this means having the best LP ever, or something similar. Like 5 units for each race and not stupid recolors. Verminlord and Skink Oracle w/ Troglodon as lords, real true LL's like Thanquol, Ikit, Skreech and Tehenhauin and Gor-Rok. . . not unknown characters like Tretch or Ghorst.
    I would tend to agree, the LP will only cost around £6, which is pretty tiny. I will be getting Battlefleet Gothic 2 - which by no means would be affected by a LP release. I also don't see how it would steal players, this would be a few units, hardly a deal braker for a full game.
    Goatforce said:

Ludbone said:

DarkLordD said:

I would tend to agree, the LP will only cost around £6, which is pretty tiny. I will be getting Battlefleet Gothic 2 - which by no means would be affected by a LP release. I also don't see how it would steal players, this would be a few units, hardly a deal braker for a full game.
    Even if the LP cost €10-15 the steal-3K buyers idea is asinine.
    Obviously I have no problems at all if CA raise the LP price. . . but only if the contents are more than a regular LP, clearly.

• NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Registered Users Posts: 1,176
    Ludbone said:

Just wait the new What The Teams Are Working On. Imo it is far better than a simple "Lords Pack is coming!" statement.

This will tell us everything. Save the pitchforks until then.
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Registered Users Posts: 1,531

RikRiorik said:

Disagree on that, it had more content then the Grim and the Grave and perhaps marginally less than king and the warlord . Admittedly it would of been a little more complete if we got one more high elf generic lord, preferably the anointed of asuryan for some anti-large offense/defence and representation of phoenixes. Still we did get a lot of great FLC stuff with its release.
    edited January 2019

RikRiorik said:

Disagree on that, it had more content then the Grim and the Grave and perhaps marginally less than king and the warlord . Admittedly it would of been a little more complete if we got one more high elf generic lord, preferably the anointed of asuryan for some anti-large offense/defence and representation of phoenixes. Still we did get a lot of great FLC stuff with its release.
    The DLC was mediocre for real. . . at the beginning. A bit better after Kharybdiss addition. My vote is 6.5 thanks to Kharything.

However the problem is not related with the content of the LP. . . well, not entirely.
    It's all CA's fault. They chose mechanics and Lords few related cheaper units >>> more units, as they admitted.

The FLC's were good, but it's not part of the DLC so it isn't DLC-quality influent.

• 39821739175248623982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,265
    Was the Kharidbyss FLC for DLC or delayed content?
    I don't want to see any of that ever again. Imagine waiting a month to get the rest of the LP units you paid for.

Was the Kharidbyss FLC for DLC or delayed content?
    I don't want to see any of that ever again. Imagine waiting a month to get the rest of the LP units you paid for.

Basing on how it's presence is pointed in Q&C Steampage. . . I say delayed content. Also Kharything is not in the FLC chart. Not like Bone Giant.

To me waiting for a unit is better than not having it. Depends.

• DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,552
    Ludbone said:

DarkLordD said:

You are right my friend. if it truly takes THAT long, they better come up with something AWESOME !! like a serious upgrade from the last lord pack.

Not saying the last lord pack was bad in any way, but if it truly going to take that long (may or june like some people claim, no idea if this is legit) it needs more effort put in place then the Queen and the Crone DLC.

So +1 from me !
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • dchip1dchip1 Registered Users Posts: 646
    Does anyone have a good guess for when the next "what the teams are working on" post will come out?

RikRiorik said:

Merely ordinary humanoid units. Cheap. Low effort. Evil even. FLC is FLC.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,038
    Ludbone said:

DarkLordD said:

If anything it would add them I would buy it at launch for example as long as faction diversity is a decent standard also.

The LP will come when it comes. Expecting it to be drastically different to other LP's if it comes late is setting oneself up for disappointment.
  • acroguePatrickacroguePatrick Registered Users Posts: 333
    Bonutz619 said:

Booooooooooooooooo!!!!

More DLC! MORE DLC! MUH DLC!!!

:D
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,398
    edited January 2019

The LP will come when it comes. Expecting it to be drastically different to other LP's if it comes late is setting oneself up for disappointment.

That's on CA, not on us. It is not the clients' responsibility to accept half-assed products because the company can't be bothered to :

A) Hire more staff
    B) Give longer period to products that are not yet released (not DLC) instead of delaying everything
    edited January 2019
    KronusX said:

That's on CA, not on us. It is not the clients' responsibility to accept half-assed products because the company can't be bothered to :

A) Hire more staff
    B) Give longer period to products that are not yet released (not DLC) instead of delaying everything
    Hahaha, accidental smiley.

If someone sets completely unrealistic expectations for a product that's on the person setting them, not the company.

The LP will likely be in the same format as the other 3 LP's, expecting it to be radically improved is unrealistic and setting oneself up for disappointment.

I hope you will excuse this off topic but I wanted to ask you this question for some time. Do you want to become a moderator?
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 30,706
    Don't tase me, CA!

• Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Registered Users Posts: 1,531

BECAUSE ALL THE GOOD UNITS THAT WERE LEFT WERE HUMANOID.
    You could never convince me that the sky cutter and the white lion chariot were good ideas for the high elfs.
    Also looking back at it, if I am not mistaken, the introduction of the bloodwrack medusas also linked to the lore rewrite of Morathi and the cult of excess no longer being linked Slaneesh (8th edition dark elfs was controversial that way). So in a way it is kind of good that the medusas weren't added.

BECAUSE ALL THE GOOD UNITS THAT WERE LEFT WERE HUMANOID.
    You could never convince me that the sky cutter and the white lion chariot were good ideas for the high elfs.
    Also looking back at it, if I am not mistaken, the introduction of the bloodwrack medusas also linked to the lore rewrite of Morathi and the cult of excess no longer being linked Slaneesh (8th edition dark elfs was controversial that way). So in a way it is kind of good that the medusas weren't added.
    You are right, those were great ideas.

Good you find excuses for CA to cut out flavourful and fancy looking units. I would say the lore is quite fluid here.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• dchip1dchip1 Registered Users Posts: 646

Well that AMA had that Rich guy sort of saying they'd try to make it bigger than Q&C (in terms of units) so I think if people expect it to be at least larger than that it won't be setting themselves up for anger. I actually liked Q&C and thought it was worth the price (well the Kharbydiss delay was annoying) so if that's the new baseline for an LP and we can expect at least a little more in the future I'm happy. Of course I'd like a LP to come with 20+ units but I'm not going to complain if its as many as Q&C unless its somehow awful which I really doubt.