Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

O-k it is January, when will we get taser for LP?

13»

Comments

• Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,271

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

zinsncabs said:

Xenos7 said:

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

The LP will come when it comes. Expecting it to be drastically different to other LP's if it comes late is setting oneself up for disappointment.

That's on CA, not on us. It is not the clients' responsibility to accept half-assed products because the company can't be bothered to :

A) Hire more staff
    B) Give longer period to products that are not yet released (not DLC) instead of delaying everything
    Hahaha, accidental smiley.

If someone sets completely unrealistic expectations for a product that's on the person setting them, not the company.

The LP will likely be in the same format as the other 3 LP's, expecting it to be radically improved is unrealistic and setting oneself up for disappointment.
    Same formal but twice the amount of time to make it? Sounds like an issue on CA's side then.
    Twice the time? I imagine their production budget and time would be the same, it's simply been delayed.
    If it was really a delay, they would be able to get back on track immediately after the cause of the delay is resolved. What is delaying this next lord pack that isn't already CAs fault?
    It's no fault. It's a choice. They are just abandoning WH in favour of 3K. Marketing decision.
    On what basis do you conclude that CA are “abandoning” TWW2? Now, I’ll agree that pushing content off until after Three Kings is a marketing/business decision made so that TWW2 doesn’t cut into Three King’s sales, but that’s not the same thing as abandoning a product line.

Yeah, it's the same. A game could be abandoned temporarily, but it's still abandoned for the time being. Very large unjustitifed gaps in a development schedule amount to abandoning in my book.
    No more like neglect almost as bad probably though.
    We're arguing semantics here. Neglect is a degree of abandonment.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/abandon

5a : to cease from maintaining, practicing, or using

CA has ceased maintaining this product for long stretches of time, and will do it again from the looks of it.
    Except this is false. It's maintained the product the entire time. What it hasn't done is update it as regularly as we'd like.
    Can't genuinely see the difference. If you don't update the product regularly you aren't maintaining it. Otherwise we could say Baldur's Gate was maintained for 20 years because it finally got an enhanced edition. We are mortal creatures, folks.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 15,071
    I remember the good old days when there "patches" were a long time coming. Steam and digital distribution sure has done wonders for such things.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,398
    Canuovea said:

I remember the good old days when there "patches" were a long time coming. Steam and digital distribution sure has done wonders for such things.

I mean I also remember the good old days when I had to walk somewhere to see someone instead of using a phone/tablet/a computer camera, but it does not mean that I prefer the good old days. New days, new expectations.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 24,761
    edited January 2019
    Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

zinsncabs said:

Xenos7 said:

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

The LP will come when it comes. Expecting it to be drastically different to other LP's if it comes late is setting oneself up for disappointment.

That's on CA, not on us. It is not the clients' responsibility to accept half-assed products because the company can't be bothered to :

A) Hire more staff
    B) Give longer period to products that are not yet released (not DLC) instead of delaying everything

If someone sets completely unrealistic expectations for a product that's on the person setting them, not the company.

The LP will likely be in the same format as the other 3 LP's, expecting it to be radically improved is unrealistic and setting oneself up for disappointment.
    Same formal but twice the amount of time to make it? Sounds like an issue on CA's side then.
    Twice the time? I imagine their production budget and time would be the same, it's simply been delayed.
    If it was really a delay, they would be able to get back on track immediately after the cause of the delay is resolved. What is delaying this next lord pack that isn't already CAs fault?
    It's no fault. It's a choice. They are just abandoning WH in favour of 3K. Marketing decision.
    On what basis do you conclude that CA are “abandoning” TWW2? Now, I’ll agree that pushing content off until after Three Kings is a marketing/business decision made so that TWW2 doesn’t cut into Three King’s sales, but that’s not the same thing as abandoning a product line.

Yeah, it's the same. A game could be abandoned temporarily, but it's still abandoned for the time being. Very large unjustitifed gaps in a development schedule amount to abandoning in my book.
    We're arguing semantics here. Neglect is a degree of abandonment.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/abandon

5a : to cease from maintaining, practicing, or using

CA has ceased maintaining this product for long stretches of time, and will do it again from the looks of it.
    Except this is false. It's maintained the product the entire time. What it hasn't done is update it as regularly as we'd like.
    Can't genuinely see the difference. If you don't update the product regularly you aren't maintaining it. Otherwise we could say Baldur's Gate was maintained for 20 years because it finally got an enhanced edition. We are mortal creatures, folks.
    You're using the word maintain incorrectly. Maintain means to keep something at its current condition. Updates are separate from maintaining. The game not being updated as often as you'd like has nothing to do with maintenance.

This is the problem with hyperbole.
    I apologize in for everything I say till around 29/04
    KronusX said:

Canuovea said:

I mean I also remember the good old days when I had to walk somewhere to see someone instead of using a phone/tablet/a computer camera, but it does not mean that I prefer the good old days. New days, new expectations.
    Of course, but it just goes to show that people have different thresholds for what is considered "necessary".

That and Vanilla Gorilla is right. The game doesn't require maintenance in the sense that the game gets worse than it is over time. It simply doesn't get better over time if they don't do anything with it. As a result of that, of course, people may get bored of it, but doesn't that happen to every game?

This is also, however, getting off topic.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,038

Xenos7 said:

zinsncabs said:

Xenos7 said:

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

A) Hire more staff

The game has 3 DLC'S with a 4th coming. Saying it has been badly neglected is simply false.

This hyperbole doesn't help.
    No it is not when you consider the time it has been spread over.

Xenos7 said:

zinsncabs said:

Xenos7 said:

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

A) Hire more staff

The game has 3 DLC'S with a 4th coming. Saying it has been badly neglected is simply false.

Of course it's hyperbolic. 4 DLC's isn't "neglect" over any time period for any game. Saying TWW2 has been neglected is objectively false.
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,038
    No

Xenos7 said:

zinsncabs said:

Xenos7 said:

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

A) Hire more staff

Of course it's hyperbolic. 4 DLC's isn't "neglect" over any time period for any game. Saying TWW2 has been neglected is objectively false.
    No just no it is neglect when this game came out over a year ago and a couple of main races haven’t got their lord pack yet and they prioritised a footnote over them.

No

Xenos7 said:

zinsncabs said:

Xenos7 said:

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

A) Hire more staff

No just no it is neglect when this game came out over a year ago and a couple of main races haven’t got their lord pack yet and they prioritised a footnote over them.
    That isn't neglect, that is a content decision you disagree with. Neglect would have been if they chose giving us nothing over giving us a Lord Pack for the Skaven and Lizardmen, but that isn't right because they were actually working on something for the game during the time. Or perhaps more accurately, they weren't neglecting the game. I'd say that arguing they have neglected the Lizardmen as a faction specifically is a much stronger case.

And believe me, I was not the happiest camper about the Vampire Coast either. At least the Skaven/Lizard pack is coming for sure. Maybe not January/February, but it is coming. Southern Realms? Less certainty about that bit.
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,265
    LP will be available at 2 year anniversary of WH2. I don't expect it any sooner.
    edited January 2019

No

Xenos7 said:

zinsncabs said:

Xenos7 said:

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

A) Hire more staff

Again saying that is neglect is factually incorrect. That word simply is not accurate.

This sort of hyperbole undermines any point you're trying to make because you're simply not using accurate language. By doing that you've shifted attention from whatever your point was to why you've used the wrong language.
    Post edited by Vanilla_Gorilla on