Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

lag switch possible in this game?

Green0Green0 Posts: 4,119Registered Users
In the last few days I've come across a couple of people who gave me a very laggy match. By typing with them, one laughed at me, the other said his connection "was fine". I got irritated because due to the lag the game was very unplayable, I couldn't think clear, I didn't enjoy the game and I lost.

Is it possible to lag switch in this game? With that I mean that the opponent gets perfect frames and plays normally or at least gains an advantage somehow.

It would be helpful to discourage this type of behavior through bans or at least make it possible to keep a "blacklist". Apparently there are people who enjoy cheating their way into a win.

Comments

• Disposable HeroDisposable Hero Posts: 3,094Registered Users
    Lately I have started getting these problems, both in games and very slow joining of lobbies. Often other people can not see lobbies I created. I have never had these problems before, I sort of assumed it had something to do with using vpn in between, not restarting the game after stopping vpn possibly... I had the feeling it eased up after successfully joining a game, then it would usually be ok after that. Not sure though, could just be coincidence and that my isp has problems. I don't notice performance drops in other apps though.

Yesterday I had a slowmo game vs another guy from my country, that's a bit strange. Will try again tonight and stay off work vpn.
  • tank3487tank3487 Member Posts: 1,126Registered Users
    edited January 4
    Green0 said:

In the last few days I've come across a couple of people who gave me a very laggy match.

Due to p2p connection, you always have a chance to get lags. IMHO if you have a significant delay while switching factions in a lobby. Most probably this player would be with lags and it is better to dodge him. At least I have such impression.

Some players start lags on purpose if they lose game. Do not know how they do this.
  • Green0Green0 Posts: 4,119Registered Users
    tank3487 said:

Green0 said:

In the last few days I've come across a couple of people who gave me a very laggy match.

Due to p2p connection, you always have a chance to get lags. IMHO if you have a significant delay while switching factions in a lobby. Most probably this player would be with lags and it is better to dodge him. At least I have such impression.

Some players start lags on purpose if they lose game. Do not know how they do this.
    yes I had a guy who started lagging hard after I started winning the game. Due to lags I lost focus and lost the game in the end. What he typed in the end was "kekekekekeke" which I assume is laughter. He was Chinese.

I'm 100% sure it's not my internet since I have like 80mbps both ways.
  • konosmgrkonosmgr Posts: 161Registered Users
    Yes it is, I had this done by someone who could basically manipulate the game speed from 100% to 25% and back up. He was doing that when cycle charging, the game lasted like half an hour in real time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file