Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Improve Units' Formation and Movement Dynamics

SpectrositySpectrosity Posts: 3Registered Users
I'm still not sure if these are something that CA can't change because of the engine, or they just don't want to. I would love to be able to make an individual unit form a curved line instead of always being a straight block. I think this would make battles a lot different in a good way. For example, imagine having only a single unit to defend at a bottleneck, but the spot is just a little bit too rigid to cover the whole thing. I watch many Total War battles and constantly see situations where this mechanic would help tremendously.

Also, the way units charge could be a lot better. Again, maybe CA can't or won't fix it, I don't know. Either way, we've all seen it. The unit charges towards another and clashes a bit diagonally, and the units who miss continue to charge into nothingness for a good 20 feet sometimes. I can't help but cringe every time I see it happen. It would be great to see units actually curve their trajectory and actually charge into someone.

Another thing about the charging dynamic, which usually only happens when infantry are charging. Especially when they are charging other infantry. We are all victims of witnessing this atrocity. It is when an infantry unit clashes into another which is stationary, but only 1/4 of the unit comes into contact and the rest of the attackers come to a complete halt, then slowly move forward to engage. When this happens, it keeps the unit from getting a good charge bonus as a whole.

To be honest, I really thought these things I mentioned above would be discussed a lot more, as they seem like a very tedious issue and still haven't been addressed to this day. I cannot find a thread about this anywhere on any forums or through google search, nor videos.

Let me know what you think. Do you find this problematic too? Is it just me? Can none of these things be fixed? Is CA lazy? Any feedback is greatly appreciated, truly. Thanks.