Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Your Weird One

TetrewTetrew Posts: 68Registered Users
edited January 6 in General Discussion
So what is your "weird" wish for 3K? A gameplay mechanic/graphic or animation trick/story moment / whatever that might sound weird at first but that would make this game better for you....

For me it would be a chance to watch AI battles I am not taking part. Especially when it would be my allies against another AI in a battle that will affect the campaign for next 5/10 turns and I would just chill and drink beer watching them fighting and wondering how it´s gonna play out in the big picture of things.
With duel mechanic and emotional/RP connections to fighting characters it would make watching AI battles immersive and fun.

Comments

• Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 1,206Registered Users
    Being able to set troops to AI command again, but this time... with a twist: I can command them in what stance they should be (defensive or aggressive) but they can ping me for help.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • AkaZedxxAkaZedxx Posts: 6Registered Users
    Blood DLC on day one, as well as Dongzhuo. And match up animation.
  • WileycoyoteWileycoyote Junior Member Posts: 179Registered Users
    AkaZedxx said:

Blood DLC on day one, as well as Dongzhuo. And match up animation.

He said weird requests, not sensible ones XD
  • acroguePatrickacroguePatrick Posts: 332Registered Users
    Korea.

Add Korea!
  • AryndelinAryndelin Junior Member Posts: 1,137Registered Users
    edited January 6
    Add japanese pirates :3

On a more serious note we need the constant threat that was the ethnic tribes outside AND inside of china.
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 1,549Registered Users
    Some unlockable factions. Heck, make a playable Dong Zhuo as a reward for beating the grand campaign!
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 1,209Registered Users
    Proper Campaign Victory cutscenes!

Sounds stupid, I know, but grinding through a 200+ turn campaign, fighting all the tedious end-game battles, busy-clicking on city upgrades across your huge empire, and finally achieving your victory conditions, only to get a pop-up screen that says "Congratulations, you won!" is the most underwhelming and unsatisfying bloody moment in these games.

Medieval 2, Empire and Shogun 2 had some really epic victory cutscenes, and they had some variation depending on your faction. How come we don't see anything like those when we win a game anymore? CA can make some epic and extremely well-done trailers that are 3 minutes long; imagine what a victory cutscene on par with those would be like?
  • AryndelinAryndelin Junior Member Posts: 1,137Registered Users

Sounds stupid, I know, but grinding through a 200+ turn campaign, fighting all the tedious end-game battles, busy-clicking on city upgrades across your huge empire, and finally achieving your victory conditions, only to get a pop-up screen that says "Congratulations, you won!" is the most underwhelming and unsatisfying bloody moment in these games.

Medieval 2, Empire and Shogun 2 had some really epic victory cutscenes, and they had some variation depending on your faction. How come we don't see anything like those when we win a game anymore? CA can make some epic and extremely well-done trailers that are 3 minutes long; imagine what a victory cutscene on par with those would be like?

I actually agree to this, it was epic to see Shogun 2's victory cutscene.
  • tfwoods3tfwoods3 Posts: 841Registered Users
    Being in close proximity to another battle (reinforcement range) you can join in even if you are not allies with either.

When the battle starts there is an option to offer your help to one side or attack both. If they refuse your help, you can choose not to enter.

• SSJapSSJap Posts: 3Registered Users
    I like both Whiskeyjack_5691 and tfwoods3 request/ideas.
  • TetrewTetrew Posts: 68Registered Users
    I SAID WEIRD!
    Since you r so down to earth guys I give you another one:

I wish the banner bearers would spike their banners in to the ground when they are fighting so if the bearer is killed and unit has routed there would be a torned flag above the corpses to mark where units where massacred.
  • SakotadejanSakotadejan Posts: 151Registered Users
    tfwoods3 said:

Being in close proximity to another battle (reinforcement range) you can join in even if you are not allies with either.

When the battle starts there is an option to offer your help to one side or attack both. If they refuse your help, you can choose not to enter.

That actually sounds f****** awesome! Imagine total war battles where you have 3 sides. I know it is possible in custom battles in Warhammer. But it would be cool if we could do that even in the campaign.
  • SakotadejanSakotadejan Posts: 151Registered Users
    Tetref said:

I SAID WEIRD!

I wish the banner bearers would spike their banners in to the ground when they are fighting so if the bearer is killed and unit has routed there would be a torned flag above the corpses to mark where units where massacred.

Remember that ambush battle they showed us? In the end you can actually see flags spiked into the ground and actually moving with the wind. I gotta admit, it looked cool.
  • TetrewTetrew Posts: 68Registered Users

Tetref said:

I SAID WEIRD!

Remember that ambush battle they showed us? In the end you can actually see flags spiked into the ground and actually moving with the wind. I gotta admit, it looked cool.
    I didn´t notice that! Sweet!
    Let´s hope it will be noticeable as well in this week newly released showcase battle. (and let´s hope there is something like a showcase battle this week)
  • acroguePatrickacroguePatrick Posts: 332Registered Users
    edited January 7

They have to bring this back again. Attila was the only game that had half-lazy assed cinematic cutscenes - but they were decent enough.

Perhaps one day RII will get a patch with cinematic intros and faction intros. One day.

Plus Faction intros seem very lacking. 3K however will get the max effort - it won't have any problems plaguing it - since this is a new area - you can bet they are going to spend money on cinematic cutscenes, faction intros - already the game itself will have a lot of cinematic quest battles like Warhammer 2.
  • ma7moud_al_sharifma7moud_al_sharif Posts: 161Registered Users
    edited January 7
    1) friendly damage for charge attacks!
    2) severily restricted sight range for most units (+ dedicated scout definition for light skirmishers)
    3) a baggage camp (base) on the skirmish maps that r raidable and cause the opposite army to flee for their camp

i dunno if that qualifies as "weird" but how about a proposition for a 'large army' setting for campaign that enables the control of 50 elements per army as default
    "Furthermore i am of the opinion, that the current Unit Count(20,21) must be lifted!!"

appeal to CA:

skirmish related (applicable for historical titles):
    new innovations in the ToB campaign look very promising! skirmish need that kind of revamp too!
    pls, dont overemphasize unit r/p/s counter-matching as the hierarchical confluence of all decision making
    - ! make unit formations (and perhaps abilities) great again! (charlemagne)
    - ! same with LoS system! (tw:arena/UG:CivilWars)
    - ! same with terrain (ridges) (tw:arena/shogun2/UG:CivilWars)
    you've already made the tools!
    just make use of them!

menu related (mp skirmish lobby):
    * add "large army" option to quickmatch pls!
    * have "large army" settings be tagged visually in lobby selector (so that all players have easier time in lobby select)
    * pls introduce scheduled rank resets to quickmatch as means to repress unsportsmanlike conduct related to stat fetishism
    * enable shared team funds (sum == opposition funds irrespective of player count) that all members can (optionally) submit to that facilitate the setup of uneven teams

campaign related:
    + kudos for adding a basic supply system to the ToB campaign
    * for a much more elegant way of addressing autoresolve of not so decisive battles and how armies reinforce each other mount and blade's marshal system could b a fitting reference. mbe there is a way to integrate the marshal concept in one way or the other
    -or-
    * instead of imposing a hard cap of 20 units per army introduce a more organic approach of having lower ranking officers command ~ 10/15 units at max and higher ones up to ~ 40 (with supply, replenishment and all considered)
    * * reinforcing armies in this case would trickle in so a count of 40 intact units is kept rather than exceed 40+ units
    * dynamic quest/notification-event system (may b interesting for 3 kings)

+ thx for addressing spaghetti lines
    + kudos for adding a basic supply system to the ToB campaign

• Tier1: Shogun 2 / Wh 2 / Warhammer
    • Tier2: Age of Charlemagne / Napoleon
    • Tier3: Attila / Medieval 2 / Rome
    • Accident: Rome II

• pending: ToB is yet to b acquired
    • pending: Three Kings not been released yet

Team Shadowgave
    Team Cao Wei
    wu xing graph

casual survey on tw skirmish battles
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Posts: 1,022Registered Users
    Being able to control only one character, like Koei's ROTK. I think Total War has great potential for such gameplay with some modifications.