Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Meet Yue Jin

CA_EllaCA_Ella Posts: 298Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team

One of Cao Cao’s most courageous generals, Yue Jin was always willing to put his own life in danger for those he deemed worthy of respect. He went on to become one of China’s most famed generals, having fought against the infamous Lü Bu on more than one occasion, and survived…

Comments

• MemnonMemnon Senior Member Posts: 571Registered Users
    Looks good -but 60 days before realse maybe time to show curent gameplay?Battle-speed ,units colison,AI?AI on map and diplomacy?To be honest in 60 days we cant change to much....
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Posts: 560Registered Users
    Is classic/history mode going to be there at launch or released later like Mortal Empires for free? There hasn't been any talk of it beyond the blog that mentioned some notes about it.
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Posts: 1,170Registered Users
    Memnon said:

Looks good -but 60 days before realse maybe time to show curent gameplay?Battle-speed ,units colison,AI?AI on map and diplomacy?To be honest in 60 days we cant change to much....

Agreed!! CA show off some unique factions units already. Show us the different types of weapons and the properties of each weapon. Show us what happens when you combine them with the three types of different shields that we have seen so far. Show us the different skirmisher options, did they use slings for example? What artillery can we use?
  • ThedossbossThedossboss Posts: 139Registered Users

Is classic/history mode going to be there at launch or released later like Mortal Empires for free? There hasn't been any talk of it beyond the blog that mentioned some notes about it.

It's not a different campaign, just a unit type tweak as well as some removed and added events. Classic is merely a less fantazised version of the campaign
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 1,600Registered Users
    He look like he can't decide what's for dinner... Subway or Burger King... should have hired a strategist.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • united84united84 Posts: 456Registered Users
    For a moment, I thought it was an April fool's joke. We are approaching 1st anniversary of Three Kingdoms announcement trailer and this is what we get, a poster. GGWP
  • tfwoods3tfwoods3 Posts: 844Registered Users
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,209Registered Users
    Wasnt he famed as capable vanguard?
  • SakotadejanSakotadejan Posts: 158Registered Users
    jamreal18 said:

Actually he was. But i guess Cao Cao had two many Champions and Vanguards so far and 0 Sentinels, si lets make Yue Jin Sentinel.
  • SakotadejanSakotadejan Posts: 158Registered Users
    edited January 10
    united84 said:

For a moment, I thought it was an April fool's joke. We are approaching 1st anniversary of Three Kingdoms announcement trailer and this is what we get, a poster. GGWP

If they don’t give us something on 10th of January, i am going to be so **** ****.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Posts: 1,507Registered Users
    I have to agree with the dissenters now.

It is high time we start seeing some campaign gameplay and faction overview with units.
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 1,023Registered Users
    At least we can all agree upon the lack of information. Finally some group consensus on the forum 😉
  • tfwoods3tfwoods3 Posts: 844Registered Users
    edited January 8
    jamreal18 said:

I don't think their class limits them to how they are used militarily. Cao Cao isn't going to say, "hey your game mechanic is Sentinal, you can't be at the head of the army!"

• frankguofrankguo Posts: 14Registered Users
    after the waiting and with only two months left before release ......a picture
  • acroguePatrickacroguePatrick Posts: 332Registered Users
    edited January 9

It is high time we start seeing some campaign gameplay and faction overview with units.

Imagine the Rome 2 scale where they showed nothing.

True!

Warhammer fans are grumbling they are not getting any content -

And 3K fans haven't had one single gameplay shown except the campaign map which was just in the trailer! And one minor battle!
    Yue Jin was no coward, he was a badass.

True!

And 3K fans haven't had one single gameplay shown except the campaign map which was just in the trailer! And one minor battle!
    *4 unscripted gameplay videos but ok*

True!

Yes but that two historical battles, barely only 10 min, and some mind numbing diplomacy vids. They haven’t really showed much.

True!

Yes but that two historical battles, barely only 10 min, and some mind numbing diplomacy vids. They haven’t really showed much.
    Actually there is just about an hour of youtuber content released regarding the ambush battle, and each one gives off just a bit of information until we have this collection of knowledge regarding the state of battles.

The campaign videos are not fluff, and are just as important as the battles. All because you find them less important does not mean we are content-starved

With warhammer 2, we didn't start getting into the thick of marketing until around 2 months before. Before that we got LL cards and race trailers, with just one battle video. This is nothing new in CA's marketing, they simply made the mistake of believing that they would have the game ready by november 2018, rather than spring 2019, so as a result our pre-hype train schedule was more spread out