Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Help, my game won't launch

kdragoonkdragoon Posts: 2Registered Users
The weird issue I have with Napoleon is, whenever I check the game integrity, there is always a file missing. If I check the integrity on odd number of times(for example, after checking the integrity for the first, third or fifth times), steam will download a 176kb file, however, after even number of times, it will have an update of 0kb/0kb. I don't know what is happening.

I had this game installed previously and it worked fine. But I screwed up my steam library once by trying to put both mac and windows games together in the same folder, but I did deleted all the games in the previous steam library. After reinstalling Napoleon, the issue I described occurs, and I wonder if the game still has some corrupted files.

I have all the other total war games installed, and I can run all of them without any problem.

Comments

• foxbat111foxbat111 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I'm having the same problem but it did not happen until the update to the definitive edition. I can't play the European or Waterloo campaigns. I validated the files and it comes up with 1 file short. I checked my drivers and windows updates but I only have 2 of the campaigns working.
  • Julius86erJulius86er Posts: 1Registered Users
    Same issue here. I can play it on mac but everyone is on Windows and I can't get the game to start on WIndows. Is there a solution yet? I do enjoy the series of Total war games but Napoleon was always the best all around for me. And I would like to try to play the Mods that have come out for Napoleon.