Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Multiplayer ranked match needs a draft

zayeoninzayeonin Posts: 3Registered Users
Not all game but some time game is just like rock scissors and paper

If ranked game uses draft it will be more strategically abundand

ex ) player can pick maximum 5 cards each turn

and few how earlier the card is picked it will get discount by the turn by risk of being countered

Comments

• konosmgrkonosmgr Posts: 108Registered Users
    edited January 9
    I agree, quick battles are boring me out of my mind currently, mainly for that reason.

edit*: I misread this as blind picks instead of draft. Anyways if anything this mode should be a purely voluntary side-mode, because the guy going first is at a huge disantvatage. I mean how does this even work, does the enemy look at your cards? Games should not be decided from the army lobby.
    Post edited by konosmgr on
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Posts: 4,965Registered Users
    might aswell remove stalk and vanguard units from the game, not a good idea at all.
  • ExarchExarch Posts: 289Registered Users

might aswell remove stalk and vanguard units from the game, not a good idea at all.

Exactly, people will be able to predict your strategy from your build and deploy against it. You also get the case that you would need to spend much longer in the pre match lobby as people try to 'win' the draft.

To me, part of the fun is designing armies which can perform well against a range of reasonable builds that are possible from the other faction, and then adapting to whatever the opponent brings on the field.
  • Wyvern2Wyvern2 Posts: 639Registered Users
    Hey now, look on the brightside, at least vampires could get a cheap mortis engine, mannfred and terrorgheists in the large chunk of matches where it's an autolock.
    Regularly publish Total War: Warhammer 2 content on my YT channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPI93p-X2T4YKD18O16bhPw
  • zayeoninzayeonin Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited January 9
    konosmgr said:

I agree, quick battles are boring me out of my mind currently, mainly for that reason.

edit*: I misread this as blind picks instead of draft. Anyways if anything this mode should be a purely voluntary side-mode, because the guy going first is at a huge disantvatage. I mean how does this even work, does the enemy look at your cards? Games should not be decided from the army lobby.

I'm not sure but I'll tell what's in my mind

1. each player pick 5 faction (blind pick)

2. they ban 2 of enemy's faction by 2 in this order(player 1 > 2 > 2 > 1) + (player 1 = attack, player 2 defense)

3. each player pick what faction their going to play(blind pick)

4. show each other's faction and roster draft begins(every rank, item, skill, spell can be changed after draft, mount doesn't care and enemy can see)

5. player's 'can' pick up to 4 cards each turn in this order(1 > 2 > 2 > 1 > 1 > 2 > 2 > 1, 4 picks for each player)

6.first 4 turn(2 turn for each player) will have discount (20% > 15 > 10 > 5) this advantage is to reveal each player's strategy in early turn and give possibility to counter each other

7. each these special turns will have 2 flexible card & 2 non *elite card for anti luxury card spam(flexible cards multiplies by card type >>elite x 1, **normal x 2, ***cheap x 4 Regiments of Renown x 1) ex)) you got 2 flexible clan rat and 2 non elite clan rat you can get 10 clan rat's on one turn (maximum roster 25 card)

8.after special turn player gets 4 ****blend card until end of the draft

9.after draft you can't sell your card but rank, item, skill, spell can be changed(discount doesn't lower the price of rank, item, skill, spell)

The end! finally i wish lords have army effect like campaign faction traits

*elite : lord, hero or card that cost over 800 gold without discount
    **normal : cost between 451~800 gold without discount
    ***cheap : cost less then 451 gold without discount
    ****blend card : pick what ever you want card
    Post edited by zayeonin on
  • SarmatiansSarmatians Posts: 2,368Registered Users
    I'd rather suffer all the counter picks in teh world than go through that every game
  • zayeoninzayeonin Posts: 3Registered Users

I'd rather suffer all the counter picks in teh world than go through that every game

draft has it's own thrill trust me buddy!
  • tank3487tank3487 Member Posts: 835Registered Users
    Wyvern2 said:

Hey now, look on the brightside, at least vampires could get a cheap mortis engine, mannfred and terrorgheists in the large chunk of matches where it's an autolock.

There is no VC matchup where terrorgheists are autolock. But would be good to have cheap ME vs Norsca, Chaos or Beastmen.

Factions blind pick(so no counter picking) would be enough. No need to make system so complex.
  • JoukeSeinstraJoukeSeinstra Posts: 190Registered Users
    edited January 10
    Or simply don't reveal the faction you choose, making it an actual blind pick. That would incentivize the overall winrate of factions without counter-picking. Counterplay should be encouraged in battles not in the lobby. Reset the leaderboards monthly would make it attractive to at least give it a shot. CA could then share winrates of factions making it easier for the community what to focus on rather than nitpicking isolated mechanics.
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Posts: 4,965Registered Users

Or simply don't reveal the faction you choose, making it an actual blind pick. That would incentivize the overall winrate of factions without counter-picking. Counterplay should be encouraged in battles not in the lobby. Reset the leaderboards monthly would make it attractive to at least give it a shot. CA could then share winrates of factions making it easier for the community what to focus on rather than nitpicking isolated mechanics.

reset monthly makes it pointless but every 3 months is ok so long as its attached to an event or patch.

Blind pick is quite bad since it would make everyone play the optimum build by optimum faction, it would actually kill build diversity or faction spread. Counter-picking however could be eliminated by pre selected faction.
  • JoukeSeinstraJoukeSeinstra Posts: 190Registered Users

reset monthly makes it pointless but every 3 months is ok so long as its attached to an event or patch.

Blind pick is quite bad since it would make everyone play the optimum build by optimum faction, it would actually kill build diversity or faction spread. Counter-picking however could be eliminated by pre selected faction.
    Starting with fixed timely leaderboard resets along with a ranked system that blind-picks would be a start to a decent MP experience. People spamming matches whilst hard dodging is an outright circumvention and should result in penalties.

Competitive matches are about playing optimal, yes, hence the resets due to balance patches in between. There is currently no incentive to play quick matches. We can only hope there is a developer that gets some form of freedom to overhaul the current system. He or she is likely as frustrated with the current order of things as we are.

• ExarchExarch Posts: 289Registered Users
    I agree that blind builds would be bad - you would basically be encouraged to make one build for each faction that plays the best vs all others, so you would end up using the same army battle after battle. Plus, the range of opposition you might face in terms of what every other faction can bring means you will often lose based on the army selection screen, and which faction you prepared against.

When you and your opponent both are building to counter each other's faction, the range of possibilities are narrowed.

I do like the idea of blind faction picks, however, the worry would be that the more versitile factions (DE, VC, Emp) which have less bad matchups will become even more common, and those with more bad matchups will be more discouraged, and faction diversity might actually drop.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file