Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Zhao Yun like this please CA

takilung31takilung31 Posts: 394Registered Users
or similar, making him wearing a headband going into battle is 100% historically accurate

Comments

• KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,261Registered Users
    Eh, I liked how Zhao Yun looked. The helmet is no more historically accurate than a headband. That helmet looks more Tang to me, and pretty overly ornate too. I do like having more white though.
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 1,084Registered Users
    Don't really care about historically accurate... I'd like to see them as unique as possible... sparkling and shiny, just as these legends should be. There is a reason they stand out from the many other Dynasties in Chinese history... all of the guys who fought in these Three Kingdoms wars were real awesome, solid warriors, generals and strategists.

I don't want to remember them as historically accurate boring men who just did what they were told... I want to remember them as legendary heroes, brothers in arms who fought together in legendary circumstances and shocking odds, only to come out the other side, looking just as awesome.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • takilung31takilung31 Posts: 394Registered Users
    Krunch said:

Eh, I liked how Zhao Yun looked. The helmet is no more historically accurate than a headband. That helmet looks more Tang to me, and pretty overly ornate too. I do like having more white though.

the way he looks right now is similar to how he looks on Dynasty Warrior, which is bad for a historic game. this may not be the best example but its still better for a historic approach

Don't really care about historically accurate... I'd like to see them as unique as possible... sparkling and shiny, just as these legends should be. There is a reason they stand out from the many other Dynasties in Chinese history... all of the guys who fought in these Three Kingdoms wars were real awesome, solid warriors, generals and strategists.

I don't want to remember them as historically accurate boring men who just did what they were told... I want to remember them as legendary heroes, brothers in arms who fought together in legendary circumstances and shocking odds, only to come out the other side, looking just as awesome.

I wouldnt really mind as long as the in game equipment menu when you swap over their gear it actually changes the model. that would be so sick and would love if that were the case. Lets hope thats the case so no mods are needed.
  • tfwoods3tfwoods3 Posts: 620Registered Users
    I'm fine with how he looks, but hopefully this kind of thing will be easily modded.
  • MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 1,840Registered Users
    .... Nope. I satisfy with his currently look. I don't think real Zhao yun will wear this shiny armor by the way. It doesn't match his habit that simple and unambitious.
    SHUT UP AND REWORK BEASTMEN CAMPAIGN & SKILL (AND THEN GIVE US GHORGON)

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 1,910Registered Users
    He's the coolest one..
  • ystyst Posts: 4,097Registered Users
    Lets be frikking honest, no one knows how he looks or what he wears.

Could be a crossdresser and no one knows.
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
    Unit stats compare courtesy of Seal62 https://total-war-unit-compare.herokuapp.com/
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 16,538Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited January 10
    Let's ease up and avoid the critical remarks. Historical context meant it resembles history, but is not history (or fantasy). That is true of almost all games based on events of the last three or four thousand years.

Quoting from the Forum Terms & Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

5.2a Country, faction and culture threads have a regular tendency to break our forum rules. If a certain culture, faction or country is not included in the game it is purely due to design reasons and not due to any other factor such as politics or prejudice.
    5.2b All history is, to some degree, the received view of those who record, recount or interpret it. When discussing culture, faction or country we expect a very high calibre of rationale. Expressions of nationalism or racism will not be tolerated. Any thread that has deviated from its course will be closed.

Thanks,

dge1
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 9,616Registered Users
    edited January 10
    We have 100 unique characters that need to be represented so let's do everything we can to make this distinct, individual and interesting.

If we 'just' go for realism it'll be boring.

"As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 1,384Registered Users
    No offense, but that looks pretty bad. I prefer CA's current version tbh.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 8,485Registered Users
    edited January 12

Krunch said:

the way he looks right now is similar to how he looks on Dynasty Warrior, which is bad for a historic game. this may not be the best example but its still better for a historic approach
    Well the setting for this game is also semi-historical, and he is not the only character without a helmet.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/YMMV/TotalWarThreeKingdoms
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.