Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What other characters to have Unique models/ portraits

takilung31takilung31 Posts: 451Registered Users
edited January 9 in General Discussion
Now we CA have shown us the list of characters and lords getting unique models based on posters with more coming, what other lords and characters would you like to see

so CA can see this and hopefully implement some of them if not in DLCs in the future

Comments

• mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Posts: 1,022Registered Users
    edited January 10
    Yeah, I was thinking about this as well. I hope that CA will continue adding more custom characters through DLCs and FLCs after launch. And that they will be easy to mod in.

Some like Zhang Liao, Sun Ce, Lu Bu etc are almost certainly in the game despite no posters released yet.

The ones I look forward to very much -

Zhang He
    Ling Tong
    Diao Chan
    Lu Su
    Lu Xun
    Lu Meng
    Ma LIang
    Xun Yu
    Guo Jia
    Lady Zhen
    Huang Gai
    Cao Pi
    Two Qiaos

_______

Will be good to have these as well -

Pan Zhang
    Cao Cao's other sons
    Sima children
    Ma Yunlu, Lu Lingqi
    (although they are not historical)
    Ma Dai
    Pang De
    Lady Bian
    Xu Shu
    Gao Shun
    Yue Jin
    Jia Xu
    Zhang Chunhua
    Zhou Tai
    Wang Yuanji

Post edited by mitthrawnuruodo on
  • bisue89bisue89 Posts: 2Registered Users
    i'll hope to see yan liang, wen chou
  • SakotadejanSakotadejan Posts: 151Registered Users

Yeah, I was thinking about this as well. I hope that CA will continue adding more custom characters through DLCs and FLCs after launch. And that they will be easy to mod in.

Some like Zhang Liao, Sun Ce, Lu Bu etc are almost certainly in the game despite no posters released yet.

Zhang He
    Ling Tong
    Diao Chan
    Lu Su
    Lu Xun
    Lu Meng
    Ma LIang
    Xun Yu
    Guo Jia
    Lady Zhen
    Huang Gai
    Cao Pi
    Two Qiaos

_______

Pan Zhang
    Cao Cao's other sons
    Sima children
    Ma Yunlu, Lu Lingqi
    Ma Dai
    Pang De
    Lady Bian
    Xu Shu
    Gao Shun
    Yue Jin
    Jia Xu
    Zhang Chunhua
    Zhou Tai
    Wang Yuanji

Sun Ce got a poster alredy. And we sae Zhang Liao in that ambush battle, so i am sure he is going to be unique character. They will show his poster in the next few days.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,149Registered Users
    edited January 10
    I want to see Zhang Xiu as a Warlord himself rather than a subjext of Cao Cao

Jiang Wei
    Lu Xun
    Xu You

Zhang He
    Ling Tong
    Diao Chan
    Lu Su
    Lu Xun
    Lu Meng
    Ma LIang
    Xun Yu
    Guo Jia
    Lady Zhen
    Huang Gai
    Cao Pi
    Two Qiaos

_______

Pan Zhang
    Cao Cao's other sons
    Sima children
    Ma Yunlu, Lu Lingqi
    Ma Dai
    Pang De
    Lady Bian
    Xu Shu
    Gao Shun
    Yue Jin
    Jia Xu
    Zhang Chunhua
    Zhou Tai
    Wang Yuanji

Sun Ce got a poster alredy. And we sae Zhang Liao in that ambush battle, so i am sure he is going to be unique character. They will show his poster in the next few days.
    Wow, I looked in the master list just now, and saw Sun Ce. I somehow missed the announcement. He looks badass. Thanks for pointing it out.
  • tfwoods3tfwoods3 Posts: 841Registered Users
    There has to be a threshold where the total war game play can't support too many stacks. I wonder what that number is.

Would 21 characters on a side allow 7 full stacks and 21 individual stacks (1 character with six units). Can an individual character be parked on a town to support the town garrison? Can characters be saved in an inactive pool?

Hmm going through the lists, it is worth noting that all the characters in the posters thus far were military leaders of some sort.

Non-military characters like Xun Yu, Guo Jia etc are probably going to be treated in a different way, and may not even have physical models. My curiosity is piqued.
    edited January 10
    Sun Jian needs

Cheng Pu
    Zhou Tai

There seems to be a shortage of statigists as well, Cao Cao had like 4 or 5 good ones, Chen Gong (with Lu Bu earlier), Xun Yu, Xun You, Guo jia
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 844Registered Users
    Was wand
    tfwoods3 said:

There has to be a threshold where the total war game play can't support too many stacks. I wonder what that number is.

Would 21 characters on a side allow 7 full stacks and 21 individual stacks (1 character with six units). Can an individual character be parked on a town to support the town garrison? Can characters be saved in an inactive pool?

Was wandering the same. Seems though that you can also recruit captains.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 34,758Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited January 10

Zhang He
    Ling Tong
    Diao Chan
    Lu Su
    Lu Xun
    Lu Meng
    Ma LIang
    Xun Yu
    Guo Jia
    Lady Zhen
    Huang Gai
    Cao Pi
    Two Qiaos

_______

Pan Zhang
    Cao Cao's other sons
    Sima children
    Ma Yunlu, Lu Lingqi
    Ma Dai
    Pang De
    Lady Bian
    Xu Shu
    Gao Shun
    Yue Jin
    Jia Xu
    Zhang Chunhua
    Zhou Tai
    Wang Yuanji

Yue Jin already has a poster https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/234442/meet-yue-jin, as does Sima Yi. It seems that more are coming.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 8,851Registered Users
    edited January 11
    tfwoods3 said:

Hopefully characters would at least be able be kept in inactive pool and would not totally disappear if a player reached a characters cap, 'arbitrary headcount limit' is a common trope in video games.
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • punic soldierpunic soldier Posts: 16Registered Users
    edited January 11
    these generals are importants.

wen chou
    ling tong
    guan ping
    wu lang
    wen pin
    taishi ci
    yang liang
    zhou yu
    cao ren
    zhang bao
    li ru
    guan xing
    Zhang xiu
    yan yan
    fan chou

• TayvarTayvar Posts: 8,851Registered Users

Hmm going through the lists, it is worth noting that all the characters in the posters thus far were military leaders of some sort.

Non-military characters like Xun Yu, Guo Jia etc are probably going to be treated in a different way, and may not even have physical models. My curiosity is piqued.

Maybe each warlord would have his own adviser in this game, and advisers was a thing in Total War.
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • Thunder1976Thunder1976 Posts: 13Registered Users
    I would like to see Yan Liang & Wen Chou with unique figure.
  • AoishiroAoishiro Posts: 49Registered Users
    Right now, I hope Shu get Fa Zheng, Pang Tong and Wei Yan.
    Wu get Huang Gai, Lu Su and Lu Meng.
    Wei get Guo Jia, Jia Xu and Pang De.

And I hope we don't get all the fictional nonsense from DW. Guan Suo and his harem (through Hua Man could be cool), Zhou Cang, Guan Yinping, soon to be Ma Yunlu. Filling a faction with characters who did nothing historical or in the novel is one of the reasons Shu became so uninteresting.
    Lu Meng, forgot about him, such a cool name.
  • AryndelinAryndelin Junior Member Posts: 1,137Registered Users
    Im always looking from a balance point of view.

As long as important characters, in a balanced way, gets added....i'm happy :)
    I am surprised that I am the only one asking for Zhange He. I suspect it has something to with his effeminate portrayal in Dynasty Warriors. Historically, he was a badass. He was considered one of the five elite generals of Cao Wei.
    Tayvar said:

Maybe each warlord would have his own adviser in this game, and advisers was a thing in Total War.
    Sounds a bit limited and gamey to me. Ideally each faction should have an administrative hierarchy based on its size. You should be able to place civilian characters in different positions in this hierarchy for faction-wide benefits, and / or attach them to armies and cities (but they wont show up in battles), much like agents, for specific bonuses.