Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What the community want from CA

razavivrazaviv Posts: 44Registered Users
So i dont have to explain what im talking about,just read the other threads, and im not here to complain either.this is not what this thread is about
What it is about is offering an achievable solutions to the problem we have with warhammer 2 as of now
To me,and feel free to add to this the problems are:
1:huge gaps in new content releases
2:game breaking bugs
3:needed balancing changes
4: complaints mostly go unanswered
5:a bit arguable,but the way ca prioritize adding new unneeded content over listening to the community and closing holes in the races that truely need it
Now i know some of 2 and 3 were fized by the beta patch,but many players still cant play with their mods,and multiplayer with the patch isnt really an option either.

What can CA do?:
1:give an appropriate statement like they did eith the norsca fiasco would be nice, one of the main reason i wasn't really angry about it was the trancperecy,if things are held back,tell us why,give us an estimated timeline until nee content comes,or at least show us the fans our complaints dont go un noticed
2:speed up the patching processes,we paid for a game,and i personally bought almost all the content on full price.thats a lot of momey and while dlc are editions to the game, there is no excuse to not fixing the content you already put out.the patch+release thing worked in wh1,maybe at the start of wh2,but definitely not now
3: compensate the players by adding new content, showing that you do care about the franchise like the players do.

To conclude:as a long time total war fan,from the age of mediaeval 1, the warhammer package is the most enjoyable and fun,with almost endless amount of hours i can pour to it.and by the sales and review's,many people agree with me on that. You make your own choices CA,this is a business after all, but we,the coustomers,desrve more then that, we love your content and want keep buying it, please domt give us a. Reason not to.

Feel free to add,agree or disagree.

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 12,134Registered Users
    I'd like better communication. That's something that's always a priority though.

In terms of extra stuff I don't think any is needed. The game is excellent right now. I just want more DLC please.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • VacmidvalleyVacmidvalley Posts: 122Registered Users
    edited January 10
    I want it to run better and more empire management.
  • ReeksReeks Posts: 1,236Registered Users
    Better communication in the form of CA actually interacting on a regular basis with their player bases(not just radio silence for months, try to make your costumers feel engaged and included geez) and communication where a lot of it is not just "reactions" aka them trying to douse a potential outrage from the community, get ahead of things be upfront and open that would create goodwill in the long run.

Try harder at releasing polished products tyvm, and in that line bloody fix your products in a timely manner, some people can grow a lush mane of facial hair a few times over in the time it takes you to fix major/immersive breaking bugs, that´s just not good enough, it´s bad bad service.

Try for the love of Sigmar to make a more immersive/capable AI

Other than that keep making more content for WH, keep releasing innovative and more interesting factions/lords/units
    And keep WH as your number one priority to hell with boring human vs human games ;)

#Fantasy4lifeyo
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Posts: 1,599Registered Users
    +1 for more transparent communication please.

When Game 3 arrives, I would like to see a roadmap for the plans that are there post-live. I don't mind them getting amended later or pushed back, but I want to be in the know.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Posts: 3,928Registered Users
    Have updates for bug fixes when you fix the bugs. Don't wait 5 months for the next DLC.
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 225Registered Users
    Better communication all around. A lot of hate will alleviate if they just keep us in the loop on things.
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Posts: 917Registered Users
    Its not the huge gaps in between releases, it was the huge gap between the two lord packs. In WH3 if there is going to be say 2 lord packs, then they must be released within quick succession of each other.

Otherwise the lack of hot fixes for game crashes is very bad. Their patching policy and coding infrastructure needs to be updated for the modern world.

Extra stuff may or may not be needed.
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Posts: 326Registered Users
    Dev diaries that aren't vague hype marketing for upcoming DLC's, possibly twice a month.
    Better communication, I don't feel CA care about reading their forums. Very long periods of radio silence. Offhanded comments about relevant news as comments on reddit threads not started by CA employees that can only be found in a reply chain if you look up a user's comment history need to stop.
    A better patching schedule to fix bug outside of DLC drops or actual QA before release that would lead to buggy releases like the last DLC.
    Working with modders, these guys have made their games much more enjoyable and keep updating their work regularly. Maybe give them early access over some youtube celebrities that only is done to market their games. They don't need to stop giving them early access, but consider modders as well.
    Lay out schedules ahead of time what we should expect to come with a release or at least update the FLC schedule regularly. Can add a DLC counterpart as well.
  • razavivrazaviv Posts: 44Registered Users
    problem is, how do we even know CA read this thread ?,or any of the other threads ?. it feels like talking to a wall somtimes. i can only hope ca at least recognize the community for what it feels.
    razaviv said:

problem is, how do we even know CA read this thread ?,or any of the other threads ?. it feels like talking to a wall somtimes. i can only hope ca at least recognize the community for what it feels.

Let´s not kid ourselves in believing we are "the community" as a whole or even that how we feel is the way everyone else feels, we will never know how the majority of the player base feels because the majority is silent, i do think it would benefit CA to listen to some of our complaints though, i can´t believe that they themselves are blind to the fact that they can improve vastly in some areas.
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 882Registered Users
    I want CA to do another bake-off.

Mary Berry and I will be the judges this time. I'll find a way to get her to agree.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I want cake. I will go to great lengths to get it. It's what I'm always saying, really. I don't plan on letting this drop.
  • YharshaarjYharshaarj Senior Member Posts: 3,252Registered Users
    Less lies, less politicking and more competence.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Posts: 580Registered Users
    A. DLC/FLC road map for this year that would quell my inpatience and give us somthing to look forward too.
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 3,958Registered Users
    I would like to be able to give CA my money for *any* new WH content.

It is not clear that I am being unreasonable.

I can keep throwing it at the screen, but until they actually make something I can purchase, I fear nothing will change.

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

• luyspauloluyspaulo Junior Member Posts: 13Registered Users
    edited January 10
    They should take an internship with Paradox staff.
    It's been six months since I have a problem with ssao, where the textures turn black by activating it. Some people have already posted the same problem on the forum and they just shut up. I live in Brazil and the game is super expensive due to the devaluation of our currency against the dollar. Their thinking seems to have "bought our game and we are profiting, now we are going to the next release and when possible we conrrigimos the previous game".
    When I had problems with Paradox games and posted them on their forum, I was treated well by both the community and people working for the company.
    For my part, they no longer come my money, as long as the community does not press them in any way, they will treat their fans like lab rats.
  • misterZmisterZ Posts: 278Registered Users

Have updates for bug fixes when you fix the bugs. Don't wait 5 months for the next DLC.

THIS!
    And if we really get festag update this month - we manage to get this small victory.
  • kevManiackevManiac Posts: 293Registered Users
    More transparancy. It is rightout crazy that we hear that CA is doing no Make War Not Love event this year, about a month prior the event. It is crazy that we heard that the Lord Pack will be after 3K, also around this week. Fans asked for the release date of the Lord Pack when the Vampire Coast was announced. That is around Oktober 2018. Four months of radio silence...
    So please, more transparancy. The amount of backlash last year was pretty immensive. So this year a hopefully better year? (When the Lord Pack releases)
  • VladdyVladdy Posts: 210Registered Users
    I want the same system requirement of Game 2 for Game 3. Don't care about improved graphic.
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Posts: 1,872Registered Users
    razaviv said:

So i dont have to explain what im talking about,just read the other threads, and im not here to complain either.this is not what this thread is about
    What it is about is offering an achievable solutions to the problem we have with warhammer 2 as of now
    To me,and feel free to add to this the problems are:
    1:huge gaps in new content releases
    2:game breaking bugs
    3:needed balancing changes
    4: complaints mostly go unanswered
    5:a bit arguable,but the way ca prioritize adding new unneeded content over listening to the community and closing holes in the races that truely need it
    Now i know some of 2 and 3 were fized by the beta patch,but many players still cant play with their mods,and multiplayer with the patch isnt really an option either.

What can CA do?:
    1:give an appropriate statement like they did eith the norsca fiasco would be nice, one of the main reason i wasn't really angry about it was the trancperecy,if things are held back,tell us why,give us an estimated timeline until nee content comes,or at least show us the fans our complaints dont go un noticed
    2:speed up the patching processes,we paid for a game,and i personally bought almost all the content on full price.thats a lot of momey and while dlc are editions to the game, there is no excuse to not fixing the content you already put out.the patch+release thing worked in wh1,maybe at the start of wh2,but definitely not now
    3: compensate the players by adding new content, showing that you do care about the franchise like the players do.

To conclude:as a long time total war fan,from the age of mediaeval 1, the warhammer package is the most enjoyable and fun,with almost endless amount of hours i can pour to it.and by the sales and review's,many people agree with me on that. You make your own choices CA,this is a business after all, but we,the coustomers,desrve more then that, we love your content and want keep buying it, please domt give us a. Reason not to.

Feel free to add,agree or disagree.

I absolutely agree especially on your final point. I would only be mildly annoyed rather than outraged over this latest drought had they got the selection of the last content drop right.

• Aman3712Aman3712 Posts: 423Registered Users
    I don’t expect these things to come anytime soon, but I’m hoping for faction/roster revamps for Chaos Warriors, Empire, and Beastmen, as well as the Merwyrm to be made into a fully fleshed-out unit.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 9,733Registered Users
    I want them to prioritise the Warhammer content that actually matters to anybody who has actually played the game. I also want the money CA has made with the roaring success of Warhammer to go back in to more Warhammer content and not R2 dlc's.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 225Registered Users
    edited January 10
    I want Grace to do her one job which is to communicate with the community on a regular basis and to keep us informed on future workings. As opposed to radio silence for weeks or months at a time. What are they paying her for if not that?

Also, please stop giving us important news in some obscure comment thread on a subreddit that people have to scavenge for like a needle in a stack of needles. Just looks lazy or like no thought or care was put into it at all. Can’t even do it on their own official forum for heavens sake lol.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 3,245Registered Users
    Bonutz619 said:

I want Grace to do her one job which is to communicate with the community on a regular basis and to keep us informed on future workings. As opposed to radio silence for weeks or months at a time. What are they paying her for if not that?

Also, please stop giving us important news in some obscure comment thread on a subreddit that people have to scavenge for like a needle in a stack of needles. Just looks lazy or like no thought or care was put into it at all. Can’t even do it on their own official forum for heavens sake lol.

Grace's job is actually to post on reddit. It isn't her job to be on the forums. That's the new person's. Ella I believe?
    I demand monogods!! Or not, whatever. I don't care that much.
  • FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Posts: 1,566Registered Users

Bonutz619 said:

Grace's job is actually to post on reddit. It isn't her job to be on the forums. That's the new person's. Ella I believe?
    Grace is the community manager is she not? Meaning Ella’s boss? While I’m not one to point fingers at people’s jobs, most of the community engagement i see is posting the daily photo of a 3K lord on Instagram and the occasional post of a comment from grace on Reddit.

It does make me curious about what exactly goes on in the background :/ but again I don’t know what they do and it’s not really any of our place to question how they do their jobs. Or start a witch hunt quite franly

Bonutz619 said:

Grace is the community manager is she not? Meaning Ella’s boss? While I’m not one to point fingers at people’s jobs, most of the community engagement i see is posting the daily photo of a 3K lord on Instagram and the occasional post of a comment from grace on Reddit.

It does make me curious about what exactly goes on in the background :/ but again I don’t know what they do and it’s not really any of our place to question how they do their jobs. Or start a witch hunt quite franly
    We can and very much should question the company´s form of communication but we should strive to keep named employees out of our cross hairs while doing so
    We can hate on Dogbert though......"Dogs Of War" my hairy backside.

I think there is a greater demon hiding beneath those lush dark curls
  • FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Posts: 1,566Registered Users
    edited January 10
    Reeks said:

Bonutz619 said:

We can and very much should question the company´s form of communication but we should strive to keep named employees out of our cross hairs while doing so
    This is what I’m meaning, not making it personal.

Edit: and with that we should also be careful how we discuss others personally or this thread will just get closed by the powers that be.

• CrajohCrajoh Member Posts: 1,163Registered Users
    My biggest is to stop hyping and just be clear about what their intentions are.

Maybe some people like the vague hints. I just think they lead to miscommunication and dissatisfaction.

I would like the following:

1. The next pack we will release is X. We are planning for Q2 in 2019 but there may be delays.

2. As previously stated we still intend to do the 16 races from Edition X. We have also been able to expand our product due to great sales and are planning to add X races but they will be released between now and after delivery of TW3.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Posts: 265Registered Users
    I can understand their hesitance to put out an official statement, because once they do they have to stick to it. If they don't the backlash will be way worse than simply staying quite. But I do agree they need to figure out what the DLC schedule for content will be and communicate it to the customers.

That aside I would really just like more frequent patches, better than new content is making sure the content we currently have is up to snuff. Which means fixing glitches, small flavor fixes like what they did with floating skinks, balancing issues. Just a few things on a semi frequent basis would be better than waiting months between patches.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 17,005Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Reeks said:

Bonutz619 said:

Quite so. Any more personal comments about Creative Assembly Staff will get the thread closed. And, depending on the post content, may also include further action(s) the individual posting may not like.

Keep the post content within the Forum Terms and Conditions, https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

or don't post.

"The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin