Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The attitude of the 3K-Community regarding Information... [updated]

bbeslybbesly MemberGermanyPosts: 251Registered Users
edited January 18 in General Discussion
... is best described by the following YT-Vid...

;-)
take it with some self-irony...
... don't want to hurt anybodies feelings ;-P

After the spy-video however it seems to have changed to a more happy tune... :-D

Post edited by bbesly on

Comments

• Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 1,084Registered Users
    Lol
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • BuhyrBuhyr Senior Member Posts: 185Registered Users
    Easy half of community agrees and are followers with no limits and the others think by themselves and have opinions that are maybe no welcomed :)
  • AxelradAxelrad Senior Member Posts: 618Registered Users
    edited January 10
    Got a good laugh out of me.

When you have a small group of hardcore fans like us on these forums, things can turn into an echo chamber very fast. But CA's marketing for 3K seems fine to me - look at how eager everyone is to see more of it :D
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Posts: 1,627Registered Users
    The Muppets? Always funny and enjoyable. How could I not laugh?
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Posts: 219Registered Users
    info released on 3k so far is underwhelming.

luckily for me i am just waiting for 3k to be released so CA can get back to warhammer :)
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 16,538Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited January 11
    Buhyr said:

Easy half of community agrees and are followers with no limits and the others think by themselves and have opinions that are maybe no welcomed :)

There are also quite a few folks like myself that find other things to do, and games to play, including some of the earlier Total War releases, while we wait for something new.

"Patience is a virtue", as someone much wiser than me said many years ago. I have no problem waiting for this game. Been waiting for something like it for over 15 years. I'm just happy Creative Assembly is the one doing it.

(Personal comment.)

"The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 667Registered Users
    Axelrad said:

Got a good laugh out of me.

When you have a small group of hardcore fans like us on these forums, things can turn into an echo chamber very fast. But CA's marketing for 3K seems fine to me - look at how eager everyone is to see more of it :D

Eager is not the correct word, more frustrated by the lack of communication. One should be aware that while only a small group posts on these forums a far larger group is reading the posts and looking for intel. Frustrated consumers is never a good thing for a company. Also not for ca. The effect it has on me is that yes i’ll Buy the game anyway but I didn’t pre order nor will I be inclined to buy dlc to support ca which I did in the past. Just my thoughts and indeed is getting repetitive. I’m sure next week or so we will got tons of info. Just not happy with the whole approach the last few months.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 918Registered Users
    edited January 11
    I think everyone in the 3K forums has been pretty chill about everything so far actually. Sure, we're all annoyed at the lack of information, and there's been a couple of.... "overly passionate" types, but none of us are screaming the place down.

Hell, the Warhammer forums are screaming their lungs out, braying for blood and demanding that CA be burned at the stake because they have to wait a few extra months for a DLC that adds 2 new lords and a handful of units to a game that is already packed with content, has received a tonne of FLC and updates, and has been CA's main focus for the past 2 and a half years.

Anytime Warhammer got so much as a minor update, it was teased and talked about by CA for weeks in advance, got blog updates, videos, streams, the whole hog.
    Meanwhile TW: Three Kingdoms - their next flagship game - is just 8 weeks away from release and we still don't even know how basic mechanics like recruitment and character management works.

Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but there's a very noticeable disparity.

I do love The Muppets though.
  • AryndelinAryndelin Junior Member Posts: 839Registered Users
    I think we got pretty good amount of info already.

They dripfeed us the unique characters, have revealed that weird element system, shown us diplomacy and some combat.

When everything else is ready we'll get to see that too :)

"Patience is a virtue" indeed, i am boundless with patience :)

• juankkjuankk Posts: 34Registered Users
    For the love of god , how can you say that we have enough info? We haven even seen how siege options work before battle , have seen nothing related to spies , agents and so on in campaign , have seen nothing related to family tree, politics , have seen nothing related to technologies in game , do I continue ? In the other hand we’ve seen almost 20 wallpapers with nice pics and histories but not in game , I can understand if there’s some kind of problem with the status of the game but I disagree with making us wait cause marketing reasons
  • bluflarebluflare Posts: 3Registered Users
    From Rome 2 to Warhammer 2 technology trees have not varied that much; what makes you think there will be something revolutionary with the tech tree in this iteration?

They discussed how spying/politics will work in some of their podcast type videos, but otherwise very hush hush about it. They probably are not ready to discuss it in detail.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 34,430Registered Users, Moderators, Knights

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    Great gameplay video ( sarchastry)
  • CA_AndyBCA_AndyB Posts: 3Registered Users, CA Staff
    edited January 11
    Hey all,

We are *keenly* aware of the desire for more gameplay content, to the point that Wheels, Tom, Jordan, and Guy, are all working away on Let's Plays right behind me, as I type this. Because we know it's so important to you, we're going to be putting TWL on hold until we get over this production hump, just so that we can focus on delivering these vids to the community ASAP.

The holiday gap is now behind us, and we're all back in the studio, hard at work.

Thanks everyone, and we're looking forward to sharing more soon™.

Andy
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 667Registered Users
    Thanks Andy. Appreciate the feedback and have a good weekend!
    Thanks for being sincerely
  • AryndelinAryndelin Junior Member Posts: 839Registered Users
    CA_AndyB said:

Hey all,

We are *keenly* aware of the desire for more gameplay content, to the point that Wheels, Tom, Jordan, and Guy, are all working away on Let's Plays right behind me, as I type this. Because we know it's so important to you, we're going to be putting TWL on hold until we get over this production hump, just so that we can focus on delivering these vids to the community ASAP.

The holiday gap is now behind us, and we're all back in the studio, hard at work.

Andy

Thanks mate, i knew there was stuff coming :)
  • acroguePatrickacroguePatrick Posts: 298Registered Users
    edited January 11
    juankk said:

For the love of god , how can you say that we have enough info? We haven even seen how siege options work before battle , have seen nothing related to spies , agents and so on in campaign , have seen nothing related to family tree, politics , have seen nothing related to technologies in game , do I continue ? In the other hand we’ve seen almost 20 wallpapers with nice pics and histories but not in game , I can understand if there’s some kind of problem with the status of the game but I disagree with making us wait cause marketing reasons

Agree!

CA - I want more wallpapers and artwork to be released during the busy month before release.

Otherwise, we just need one or two videos tbh.
  • acroguePatrickacroguePatrick Posts: 298Registered Users
    CA_AndyB said:

Hey all,

Andy

Many thanks
  • MemnonMemnon Senior Member Posts: 538Registered Users
    edited January 13
    CA_AndyB said:

Hey all,

Andy

Thank You for info.
    Just im really hope this Lets Play video dosent looks like many before.I mean You(CA) are just talking 30 min about game in one or maybe two turn in game,and we are show as just few 5 second cut scenes from battle.
    7 weeks before realse time to show GAMEPLAY.AI on map,diplomacy .Battle speed,AI on battle,how much we are improve units collision from last video.Sige etc..etc...
    Post edited by Memnon on
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,261Registered Users
    Memnon said:

CA_AndyB said:

Hey all,

Andy

Thank You for info.
    Just im really hope this Lets Play video dosent looks like many before.I mean You(CA) are just talking 30 min about game in one or maybe two turn in game,and we are show as just few 5 second cut scenes from battle.
    7 weeks before realse time to show GAMEPLAY.AI on map,diplomacy .Battle speed,AI on battle,how much we are improve units collision from last video.Sige etc..etc...
    I'm sure we can expect plenty. Remember, before Warhammer 1 and 2 released they did plenty of long unedited streams in the month or two before release, I am sure we can expect that.
  • FranzSaxonFranzSaxon Posts: 2,302Registered Users
    Just play thrones and Attila and Rome 2 till its out. Ill never lose replayability of total war. I feel bad for those that do..
  • BalaminienGSBalaminienGS Posts: 8Registered Users
    edited January 15
    CA_AndyB said:

Hey all,

Andy

Hey thanks for the update Andy.

As for the topic of there not being as much gameplay footage as the community wants, that video sums it up for the more understanding of the members :D , but I think this would represent another portion :|

Personally, I had my fill from the diplomacy trailer from a while back and the ambush video too. If I was on the fence about pre-ordering it I could understand the desire, the longing and dare I say "frustration" of some.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 2,324Registered Users
    CA_AndyB said:

Hey all,

Andy

Hi andy. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but.....
    Could we please get some more info regarding yellow turbans?
    They are my fav of the time period mostly because they remind me heavily of ikko ikki.
    I'd like to learn more about them and sadly I can't even find a single unit displayed :cry:
    I'd just like more info in general such as how they play compared to each other and the base game campaign factions.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • bbeslybbesly Member GermanyPosts: 251Registered Users
    OP updated ;-)
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Posts: 989Registered Users

CA_AndyB said:

Hey all,

Andy

Hi andy. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but.....
    Could we please get some more info regarding yellow turbans?
    They are my fav of the time period mostly because they remind me heavily of ikko ikki.
    I'd like to learn more about them and sadly I can't even find a single unit displayed :cry:
    I'd just like more info in general such as how they play compared to each other and the base game campaign factions.
    Usually in the last month before release. Wait for February mid I would say.