Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Been out for close to 3 years...

RudingutRudingut Posts: 2Registered Users
SO this game has been out for a while. There is a sequel to it already made and releasing dlc. When are you gonna give us a price break? Seriously. :'( :* :|

Comments

• QuintoMaximoQuintoMaximo Junior Member Posts: 26Registered Users
    edited January 12
    Total war warhammer II has been out for about 1 year and half (I think so) so... do you mean warhammers in general? Anyway they are busy now with 3k, to get warhammer III will take another year I guess
    Post edited by QuintoMaximo on
  • RudingutRudingut Posts: 2Registered Users
    You should probably read the post.... also this is in TW:WH 1 <----- section. Mentioned the sequel in the OP. Pretty clearly talking about the first one...since, you know, its been out almost 3 years.... XD Maybe the confusion is coming from the fact there is no price drop on it. ;D
  • QuintoMaximoQuintoMaximo Junior Member Posts: 26Registered Users
    Rudingut said:

You should probably read the post.... also this is in TW:WH 1 <----- section. Mentioned the sequel in the OP. Pretty clearly talking about the first one...since, you know, its been out almost 3 years.... XD Maybe the confusion is coming from the fact there is no price drop on it. ;D</p>

Oh, I’m sorry I didn’t read it properly -.- but there are games (total war I mean) that have been out more time and they haven’t got a ‘price break’ but you can wait for some good sales in steam.

Ps: this is the section of feedback and suggestions for both total war warhammers I think.

• ZercaZerca Posts: 65Registered Users
    What Totalwar Warhammer doesn't need is a price cut. I tell you why:

CA constantly updates even the oldest factions. Recently they updated The Vampire Courts. If you own the first game , you get it without paying any additional costs.

Also they released around christmas a mayor update to make the elder factions better again. I think for the next mayor update another old faction is getting an upgrade. So technically, you just get another not better set of faction for every Sequel released for the game. This is just fantasic.

Doing the " lets sell the old crap cheap" tactic like every other mayor company does, will also induce a reduced love behaviour for the already released game.... See every EA game, Call of Duty, every Assassins Creed. In the moment they release the new game they completely forget the game they released before. They dump also the price to just sought the last bit of profit out of the game. But this game isn't getting any further content, any patch or love or what so ever. If you are lucky, these games were polished good enough, that they are nearly bug free.

Developers are companies like any other, they need to sell goods to survive. Here these are game licences. There are very negative practices , which can't be considered differently then just completly greedy. Even if you play a free to play game, you can't expect it to be free ( if you didn't pay, they leech your time and try to make you addicted, as long as you overthink , how much effort the price is worth it, and maybe then they got you).

But CA seem to found a good balance between it. the games are expensive, the DLCs are partly overpriced ( serously the Beastman dlc is still very underwhelming) but they developed a world , which they try to enrich in every perspective, new factions(which are in your game even if you don't own the DLC!) which are extending not substituting the existing ones , updates for the old ones ( For free! ), and constantly try to balance the factions, which is a hell of work in a game like Total war Warhammer . At the moment its 13 , and the numbers are rising.

If a low price tag is dimishing this kind of quality, and makes this game like EA:
    "Oh Warhammer II is released? Lets completely abandon our first game. Make a Dumb price tag on the first game and just milk the last bit of it!"
    I wouldn't buy their games any more. The price for the first game is okay for me.

Also it is untrue that they don't go on sale , there are Sales in Steam and others. They still get back to the old price, but well , then you were just unlucky.
  • BrightestLightBrightestLight Posts: 378Registered Users
    Rudingut said:

SO this game has been out for a while. There is a sequel to it already made and releasing dlc. When are you gonna give us a price break? Seriously. :'( :* :|

just buy the game

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file