Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Heinrich Kemmler and Arkhan the Black

Michael4537Michael4537 Posts: 1,627Registered Users
So I've heard that these two blokes absolutely HATE each other, but I can't find any information on their relationship.
Anybody know their story together? Or am I just crazy and making stuff up?

Comments

• CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Posts: 1,305Registered Users

So I've heard that these two blokes absolutely HATE each other, but I can't find any information on their relationship.

They didn't really have any relationship until the End Times rolled around, during which they were both assigned to gather the necessary components for Nagash's resurrection...

Arkhan was always suspecious and vary of Heinrich, but tolerated him, and Heinrich was always paranoid and jealous of Arkhan's power.

It all came to a head during the Battle for La Maisontaal, when the pair was sent there to recover Nagash's staff. Heinrich reveals himself to be a servant of the Ruinous Powers, and tries to take the staff for himself, but Arkhan, being eternally loyal to Nagash, would have none of it. So a magical duel between the Lich King and the Lichmaster commenced (a fact that Arkhan even amde a short quip about).

In the end Heinrich proved more powerful (mostly becuase he was being empowered by the Chaos Gods), but Arkhan was much more experienced and durable. Arkhan taunted Heinrich into channeling more and more power, until Heinrich reached a "critical mass" and the magic he wielded spun out of control and imploded Heinrich, La Maisontaal and everything in the immediate vicinity (miscast of epic proportion basically).

From the ruins of the miscast, Arkhan stood up, dusted himself off and walked over to Alakanesh (the name of Nagash's staff), which was completely unaffected by the magical implosion, picked it up and walked away from the ruin no worse for wear..
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 680Registered Users

They didn't really have any relationship until the End Times rolled around, during which they were both assigned to gather the necessary components for Nagash's resurrection...

Arkhan was always suspecious and vary of Heinrich, but tolerated him, and Heinrich was always paranoid and jealous of Arkhan's power.

It all came to a head during the Battle for La Maisontaal, when the pair was sent there to recover Nagash's staff. Heinrich reveals himself to be a servant of the Ruinous Powers, and tries to take the staff for himself, but Arkhan, being eternally loyal to Nagash, would have none of it. So a magical duel between the Lich King and the Lichmaster commenced (a fact that Arkhan even amde a short quip about).

In the end Heinrich proved more powerful (mostly becuase he was being empowered by the Chaos Gods), but Arkhan was much more experienced and durable. Arkhan taunted Heinrich into channeling more and more power, until Heinrich reached a "critical mass" and the magic he wielded spun out of control and imploded Heinrich, La Maisontaal and everything in the immediate vicinity (miscast of epic proportion basically).

From the ruins of the miscast, Arkhan stood up, dusted himself off and walked over to Alakanesh (the name of Nagash's staff), which was completely unaffected by the magical implosion, picked it up and walked away from the ruin no worse for wear..
    Don't forget that Arkhan had help from his kitty-cat. That definitely caught Kemmler by surprise. The cat was the best thing about the whole End Times for me, by the way.

I fell short of reading it all. It's the only Warhammer literature that ever caused me to wish I couldn't read. It turned into a futile masochistic exercise trying to continue.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 8,485Registered Users
    In the Wiki there is also the quote from what Heinrich Kemmler had said to Arkhan in the End Times.

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Heinrich_Kemmler
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Posts: 1,627Registered Users
    Tayvar said:

In the Wiki there is also the quote from what Heinrich Kemmler had said to Arkhan in the End Times.

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Heinrich_Kemmler

I found that, but that's all I could find haha. Thanks for the info guys.