Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New updates on Steamdb

BRiiTASH2BRiiTASH2 Posts: 330Registered Users

So the steamdb just got updated with some new information it looks like. Blackbird, Sparrow, Magpie and Nightly just recieved an update. Anyone know what they relate to. Im assuming Sparrow is Vampire Coast, and theres been discussion the Blackbird is leitpold the Black, but what does Nightly and Magpie allude to?
Tagged:

Comments

• CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 12,593Registered Users, Moderators
    Unsure.

Interesting to note is that a Magpie is, technically, a bird that is black, though known for taking the odd shiny bit. It makes me wonder somewhat.

Nightly is a big ole blank for me, I'm afraid.

...goes to show that they're working on the game though. Quite a bit, apparently.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • Urza1234Urza1234 Posts: 213Registered Users
    Nightly is frequently a versioning term. Its your nightly progress.
  • WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,554Registered Users
    I think that their all different strands of the game for the Festag patch, based off of the latest DLC. Their all bird themed except Nightly. Which might be a joke reference to Keira Knightly who starred in Pirates of the Caribbean.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer
  • EliacTheEmeraldTeethEliacTheEmeraldTeeth Posts: 383Registered Users
    I think they just like birds
    I assure you, we are very real. And we have come for you and your realm.
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 1,053Registered Users
    Magpies are a big deal to me, every time I see them.

My mother is from a heavily superstitious family and she always used to mutter a line when she saw them.

I wouldn't remember them myself, but here's a nice version from the interwebz:

One for sorrow,
    Two for mirth
    Three for a funeral,
    Four for a birth
    Five for heaven
    Six for hell
    Seven for the devil, his own self

Nice eh? Magpies are glorious. Be-eautiful plumage!
  • rad13rad13 Member Posts: 591Registered Users

My mother is from a heavily superstitious family and she always used to mutter a line when she saw them.

One for sorrow,
    Two for mirth
    Three for a funeral,
    Four for a birth
    Five for heaven
    Six for hell

dont bring your mum to Australia for a holiday mate, magpies are everywhere on the east coast. and especially during mating season when they will swoop people walking / bike riding through their territory.
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 1,053Registered Users
    edited January 11
    rad13 said:

One for sorrow,
    Two for mirth
    Three for a funeral,
    Four for a birth
    Five for heaven
    Six for hell

dont bring your mum to Australia for a holiday mate, magpies are everywhere on the east coast. and especially during mating season when they will swoop people walking / bike riding through their territory.
    Yeah Aussie magpies are ugly fellas too. Don't worry. Redbacks, huntsmen and cane toads are enough for me.

Edit: forgot the British ex-pats out there. They're worse than the lot. I know too many. ;)
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Posts: 1,200Registered Users
    CA probably just decided to name all their builds after birds at this point. With the exception of nightly probably referring to each daily updated build, all other names are more or less random.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 14,225Registered Users
    Magpie is the bird of the Collingwood football team. Collingwood fans are famous for having no teeth. Which race / Character has no teeth? That's what we're getting next!
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 3,254Registered Users
    Blood Ravens DLC next then?
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,055Registered Users
    Blackbird? Sparrow? Magpie? Nightly?

This is clearly a Beastmen reference.
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 4,317Registered Users
    I'm ready for HE Merwyrm alongside patch. Do it CA. I will insult you 2% less. That's a lot considering some drops in MMO games.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• LolTHELolLolTHELol Posts: 610Registered Users
    Nightly = Arabian Nights = Aladdin has a genie that grants wishes = Only logical wish is a Ghorgon = Ghorgon confirmed!

Ghorgon confirmed!
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 4,209Registered Users

One for sorrow,
    Two for mirth
    Three for a funeral,
    Four for a birth
    Five for heaven
    Six for hell

I still doff my cap to magpies and say "good morning Mr Magpie, how is Mrs Magpie"

That's what a country upbringing does to a boy ...

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

• Urza1234Urza1234 Posts: 213Registered Users
    edited January 11
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_build

"A daily build or nightly build is the practice of completing a software build of the latest version of a program, on a daily basis."
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Posts: 2,907Registered Users

I'm ready for HE Merwyrm alongside patch. Do it CA. I will insult you 2% less. That's a lot considering some drops in MMO games.

I think you've convinced yourself that we're getting the Merwyrm to the point where if we get anything else in the next content you're going to throw a hissy fit just like you did when Norsca got added to ME without a "compensation-LL" which you also convinced yourself was coming.
    Keep Grombrindal in KaK, K8P should be 10 slots, Dogs of War should be a horde, DoC should be one race- Change my mind

Give us a Slayer Hero!
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 18,445Registered Users
    Are people still trying to hype themselves up? After, what, countless times this sort of hype led only to deep disappointment? I mean when has CA ever either lived up or surpassed what people hyped themselves up to?

• SteamageSteamage Posts: 236Registered Users

Are people still trying to hype themselves up? After, what, countless times this sort of hype led only to deep disappointment? I mean when has CA ever either lived up or surpassed what people hyped themselves up to?

Tomb Kings.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 3,201Registered Users

tbf TK was more than I imagined and VCoast was a disappointment when I heard it was the chosen DLC but it was a lot better than I thought it would be.

tbf TK was more than I imagined and VCoast was a disappointment when I heard it was the chosen DLC but it was a lot better than I thought it would be.
    TK are well-done but haven't blown me out of my socks and VCoast I found a massive step backwards behind TK and Norsca since the latter two have fairly unique gameplay while VCoast is missing pretty much all balancing elements making their campaign way, way, way too easy.

• FrostPawFrostPaw Junior Member Posts: 969Registered Users
    HoneyBun said:

One for sorrow,
    Two for mirth
    Three for a funeral,
    Four for a birth
    Five for heaven
    Six for hell

I still doff my cap to magpies and say "good morning Mr Magpie, how is Mrs Magpie"

That's what a country upbringing does to a boy ...
    I'm really impressed you wear a cap, on the off chance you meet a magpie.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 4,317Registered Users
    ben8vtedu said:

I think you've convinced yourself that we're getting the Merwyrm to the point where if we get anything else in the next content you're going to throw a hissy fit just like you did when Norsca got added to ME without a "compensation-LL" which you also convinced yourself was coming.
    It must be a Merwyrm!

And yes, I'm still waiting for compensation for Norsca. It is not about conviction. It is about entitlement. I don't know about you but when I get screwed over I expect, no, I demand satisfaction! Hmmm well, in a sense it is about conviction after all. I'm convinced of my right to compensation. CA is a vile company.

My biggest mistake was not to send emails to outrage craving e-press about Norsca. I'm sure they would cause at least an itsy bitsy bit of damage to the IP.

All of it went far too quiet. Pre-order faction delayed for 8 months and nothing was offered to playerbase as apology except for dry 'I'm sorry' statement.

Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

ben8vtedu said:

It must be a Merwyrm!

And yes, I'm still waiting for compensation for Norsca. It is not about conviction. It is about entitlement. I don't know about you but when I get screwed over I expect, no, I demand satisfaction! Hmmm well, in a sense it is about conviction after all. I'm convinced of my right to compensation. CA is a vile company.

My biggest mistake was not to send emails to outrage craving e-press about Norsca. I'm sure they would cause at least an itsy bitsy bit of damage to the IP.

All of it went far too quiet. Pre-order faction delayed for 8 months and nothing was offered to playerbase as apology except for dry 'I'm sorry' statement.

You only have yourself to blame for your disappointment. You get all wrapped up in these ideas of what you think is coming to the point where you think you are personally owed that thing. I'm not going to waste any more time on this tangent. When it becomes evident that we're not getting a Merwyrm, and I have all the confidence in the world that we're not, it will be your own fault when you're upset. If CA is so vile, stop giving them money.
    Keep Grombrindal in KaK, K8P should be 10 slots, Dogs of War should be a horde, DoC should be one race- Change my mind

Give us a Slayer Hero!
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 3,254Registered Users
    ben8vtedu said:

ben8vtedu said:

It must be a Merwyrm!

You only have yourself to blame for your disappointment. You get all wrapped up in these ideas of what you think is coming to the point where you think you are personally owed that thing. I'm not going to waste any more time on this tangent. When it becomes evident that we're not getting a Merwyrm, and I have all the confidence in the world that we're not, it will be your own fault when you're upset. If CA is so vile, stop giving them money.
    I mean, generally people argue for low-hanging fruit being added. Model for Merwyrm has been made so it's low hanging fruit as far as nice big monsters go. Expecting it seems safer than, unfortunately, something like Jabberslythe or Ghorgon.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Posts: 1,759Registered Users

TK are well-done but haven't blown me out of my socks and VCoast I found a massive step backwards behind TK and Norsca since the latter two have fairly unique gameplay while VCoast is missing pretty much all balancing elements making their campaign way, way, way too easy.
    Every or nearly every race that's been released has been subject to power creep then rebalancing. I remember holding the bastions of Altdorf against the mighty empire of Athel Loren while the world burned around me. Its part of every new race. I was incredibly disappointed we got VCoast when we did. Especially before DoW. However they are incredibly fun to play and fun to fight. Then again if I don't like something about the game I don't curse CA I just play a mod. My lizardmen have 6 lords the 4 modded ones are just as well built as the official ones besides having quest battles.

I cant wait to see what they come with next. Though I hope its LM v SK followed by DoW.
    A WIZARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER!
  • baronblackbaronblack Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    edited January 11
    Nightly is the new "carpet"-

No one really thought about "Thousands and one nights"? Come on CA, you can name them better.

If really Blackbird is going to be Luitpold (DoW), magpie the bloody Thanquol, and Nightly Araby I'm going to give in my lightsaber collection.

EDIT: what the flock is charlie?
    Have these names ever actually been hints? I feel like we're reading too much into these.

Give us a Slayer Hero!
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 14,225Registered Users

TWW2
    Q&C
    TK
    VC2.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Posts: 1,759Registered Users
    Nightly for Knightly Orders Update the Empire thanks you!
    A WIZARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER!

TWW2
    Q&C
    TK
    VC2.
    LoL, as if. Try harder.