Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New updates on Steamdb

Comments

• Michael4537Michael4537 Posts: 1,627Registered Users
    This just bring back bad memories of "spaghetti" and everyone thinking the next DLC would be Dogs of War / Southern Realms. Speculation is fun though...
  • YharshaarjYharshaarj Senior Member Posts: 2,852Registered Users
    ben8vtedu said:

ben8vtedu said:

I'm ready for HE Merwyrm alongside patch. Do it CA. I will insult you 2% less. That's a lot considering some drops in MMO games.

I think you've convinced yourself that we're getting the Merwyrm to the point where if we get anything else in the next content you're going to throw a hissy fit just like you did when Norsca got added to ME without a "compensation-LL" which you also convinced yourself was coming.
    It must be a Merwyrm!

And yes, I'm still waiting for compensation for Norsca. It is not about conviction. It is about entitlement. I don't know about you but when I get screwed over I expect, no, I demand satisfaction! Hmmm well, in a sense it is about conviction after all. I'm convinced of my right to compensation. CA is a vile company.

My biggest mistake was not to send emails to outrage craving e-press about Norsca. I'm sure they would cause at least an itsy bitsy bit of damage to the IP.

All of it went far too quiet. Pre-order faction delayed for 8 months and nothing was offered to playerbase as apology except for dry 'I'm sorry' statement.

You only have yourself to blame for your disappointment. You get all wrapped up in these ideas of what you think is coming to the point where you think you are personally owed that thing. I'm not going to waste any more time on this tangent. When it becomes evident that we're not getting a Merwyrm, and I have all the confidence in the world that we're not, it will be your own fault when you're upset. If CA is so vile, stop giving them money.
    You mistake hype build up for actual conviction. The more people get their hopes up only to become disappointed the better. Then don't waste your time. Model for Merwyrm is done. It can share animations with Salamander. Easy, cheap addition, something that CA loves more than sin. Me alone not giving them money won't do a thing.

I must admit, during Norsca tragedy I was on the fence, unsure whether they will give a sugar cube to disgruntled players or not. But since they have not offered any compensation for the wait my expectations for CA are extremely low. Unprofessional but such is CA.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Posts: 1,549Registered Users

Are people still trying to hype themselves up? After, what, countless times this sort of hype led only to deep disappointment? I mean when has CA ever either lived up or surpassed what people hyped themselves up to?

TWW2
    Q&C
    TK
    VC2.
    Wood Elves was really good too! Remember how detailed it’s mini campaign was? I know people rather have more content in the faction than in the mini campaign but darn I found that DLC great. It didn’t age well though.

Not to mention King and the Warlord, Skarsnik and Belegar remain the most fun and difficulty I’ve had in a campaign and they brought fun new mechanics to otherwise blan factions.
  • Rochaid29Rochaid29 Senior Member Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    edited January 11

sigh..

don't get carried away chaps.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 1,174Registered Users

ben8vtedu said:

ben8vtedu said:

I'm ready for HE Merwyrm alongside patch. Do it CA. I will insult you 2% less. That's a lot considering some drops in MMO games.

I think you've convinced yourself that we're getting the Merwyrm to the point where if we get anything else in the next content you're going to throw a hissy fit just like you did when Norsca got added to ME without a "compensation-LL" which you also convinced yourself was coming.
    It must be a Merwyrm!

And yes, I'm still waiting for compensation for Norsca. It is not about conviction. It is about entitlement. I don't know about you but when I get screwed over I expect, no, I demand satisfaction! Hmmm well, in a sense it is about conviction after all. I'm convinced of my right to compensation. CA is a vile company.

My biggest mistake was not to send emails to outrage craving e-press about Norsca. I'm sure they would cause at least an itsy bitsy bit of damage to the IP.

All of it went far too quiet. Pre-order faction delayed for 8 months and nothing was offered to playerbase as apology except for dry 'I'm sorry' statement.

You only have yourself to blame for your disappointment. You get all wrapped up in these ideas of what you think is coming to the point where you think you are personally owed that thing. I'm not going to waste any more time on this tangent. When it becomes evident that we're not getting a Merwyrm, and I have all the confidence in the world that we're not, it will be your own fault when you're upset. If CA is so vile, stop giving them money.
    You mistake hype build up for actual conviction. The more people get their hopes up only to become disappointed the better. Then don't waste your time. Model for Merwyrm is done. It can share animations with Salamander. Easy, cheap addition, something that CA loves more than sin.
    Look mate, I want the Merwyrm too, and yeah I think it is a waste not to use the model they made. But that is just an empty husk right now. Saying it can share animations with Salamanders probably isn't going to work. This isn't the same thing as the Hydra and Kharybdiss. Those two units shouldn't be sharing the same animations (One is a giant monster killer, the other is a small ranged unit) , and they probably won't even have a similar skeleton. Animations are hard work.
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Posts: 551Registered Users
    Rochaid29 said:

sigh..

don't get carried away chaps.

Hahaha

Thanks made my day!
  • EliacTheEmeraldTeethEliacTheEmeraldTeeth Posts: 272Registered Users
    Magpies... Blood Ravens confirmed
    I assure you, we are very real. And we have come for you and your realm.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 8,223Registered Users

Magpies... Blood Ravens confirmed

Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

ben8vtedu said:

ben8vtedu said:

It must be a Merwyrm!

You mistake hype build up for actual conviction. The more people get their hopes up only to become disappointed the better. Then don't waste your time. Model for Merwyrm is done. It can share animations with Salamander. Easy, cheap addition, something that CA loves more than sin.
    Look mate, I want the Merwyrm too, and yeah I think it is a waste not to use the model they made. But that is just an empty husk right now. Saying it can share animations with Salamanders probably isn't going to work. This isn't the same thing as the Hydra and Kharybdiss. Those two units shouldn't be sharing the same animations (One is a giant monster killer, the other is a small ranged unit) , and they probably won't even have a similar skeleton. Animations are hard work.
    Skeleton wise pretty much the same thing. The same animations can be easily applied for melee. As you hav noticed Salamanders will be used for ranged attacks mostly with unwanted close quarter encounters. I see no problem.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• blaatblaat Junior Member Posts: 2,754Registered Users
    edited January 11
    ben8vtedu said:

Have these names ever actually been hints? I feel like we're reading too much into these.

royal blue is the TK their TT colour and that was what their build was named like plus another example I cannot remember

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Posts: 971Registered Users
    LolTHELol said:

Nightly = Arabian Nights = Aladdin has a genie that grants wishes = Only logical wish is a Ghorgon = Ghorgon confirmed!

Ghorgon confirmed!

BEST reasoning ever

now please explain again how JFK got shot by a Lizardman
    from the other side of the flat earth to hide the fake moonlanding on 9/11

ben8vtedu said:

ben8vtedu said:

It must be a Merwyrm!

Skeleton wise pretty much the same thing. The same animations can be easily applied for melee. As you hav noticed Salamanders will be used for ranged attacks mostly with unwanted close quarter encounters. I see no problem.
    Sure they may be able to use similar walking animations, but animations would still have to be different for all their attack animations because of the size difference. Salamander just has a forward bite animation when in melee? That will look real silly if you have the Merwyrm bitting into the air against infantry. Just look at what happens if you go into the lab and scale something up huge.

We may see the Merwyrm in the future, but it isn't just a copy and paste job with no effort. Hell, there are plenty of units that we are currently missing that would be far easier but they aren't anywhere in sight.
  • ben8vteduben8vtedu Posts: 2,266Registered Users
    blaat said:

ben8vtedu said:

Have these names ever actually been hints? I feel like we're reading too much into these.

royal blue is the TK their TT colour and that was what their build was named like plus another example I cannot remember
    Wasn't that alongside "racing green" or something? What did that one turn out to be? Could have just been coincidentally naming them after colors. Where is it said that royal blue is their color? (not trying to be an ass, just honestly curious if there's anything official that links them)

And it's also not like TK were that much of a surprise. We all pretty much knew they were gonna be the first major DLC.
    Keep Grombrindal in KaK, K8P should be 10 slots, Dogs of War should be a horde, DoC should be one race- Change my mind

Give us a Slayer Hero!

ben8vtedu said:

ben8vtedu said:

It must be a Merwyrm!

Sure they may be able to use similar walking animations, but animations would still have to be different for all their attack animations because of the size difference. Salamander just has a forward bite animation when in melee? That will look real silly if you have the Merwyrm bitting into the air against infantry. Just look at what happens if you go into the lab and scale something up huge.

We may see the Merwyrm in the future, but it isn't just a copy and paste job with no effort. Hell, there are plenty of units that we are currently missing that would be far easier but they aren't anywhere in sight.
    Forward bite would work. Head butt, tail/claw swipe etc.

Little effort addition. Sure but Merwyrm's model is done. Not to mention those creatures aren't that big.

ben8vtedu said:

blaat said:

ben8vtedu said:

Wasn't that alongside "racing green" or something? What did that one turn out to be? Could have just been coincidentally naming them after colors. Where is it said that royal blue is their color? (not trying to be an ass, just honestly curious if there's anything official that links them)

And it's also not like TK were that much of a surprise. We all pretty much knew they were gonna be the first major DLC.
    Hmmm I thought Racing Green was the Lab but I could be mistaken. Spaghetti was almost certainly the Norsca build which seems to be a reference to the coding rather than any ingame thing.
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 3,863Registered Users
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

The new forum makes my eyes bleed

• blaatblaat Junior Member Posts: 2,754Registered Users

ben8vtedu said:

blaat said:

ben8vtedu said:

Hmmm I thought Racing Green was the Lab but I could be mistaken. Spaghetti was almost certainly the Norsca build which seems to be a reference to the coding rather than any ingame thing.
    basically this for me too yeah @ben8vtedu

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Posts: 1,590Registered Users
    For me, the phrase when you see a magpie is "good morning my lord" x2, so I'm going for that eventually being a lord pack. Unless it's a love of shiny things and it's DoW/TEB but I doubt that.

Same as above, Nightly (Arabian Nights, 'knight' pun) sounds like Araby.

Nothing confirmed though, they're all suitably vague enough. Surprised they're on so early though, if that's what they are.
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Posts: 75Registered Users
    Nightly = moon = Beastmen moon mechanic = Ghorgon confirmed!
    Team Monogods - Team Nurgle

• ArthasmenethrilArthasmenethril Senior Member Posts: 3,969Registered Users
    Inbefore nightly = Night Battles for Vampire factions.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 14,978Registered Users
    They better not push even more vampire content.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 10,872Registered Users
    edited January 11

Are people still trying to hype themselves up? After, what, countless times this sort of hype led only to deep disappointment? I mean when has CA ever either lived up or surpassed what people hyped themselves up to?

TWW2
    Q&C
    TK
    VC2.
    Wood Elves was really good too! Remember how detailed it’s mini campaign was? I know people rather have more content in the faction than in the mini campaign but darn I found that DLC great. It didn’t age well though.

Not to mention King and the Warlord, Skarsnik and Belegar remain the most fun and difficulty I’ve had in a campaign and they brought fun new mechanics to otherwise blan factions.
    I own WE myself, wasn't that impressed with it. K&W I want to buy but the Orcs need updating before I do it. I respect that opinion though.

I've really enjoyed all the DLC for TWW2 and the game itself is a big step up from game 1.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwards, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 2,986Registered Users
    I actually really enjoyed playing as the Wood Elves when they first came out, but playing against them, man were they crazy extreme expansionists when they first came out. But I think that's just because it fit my exact historical TW playstyle of drawing the enemy into a killbox of arrows. It's one of the reasons the VC have been one of my favorite races because it forced me to play the exact opposite of my usual playstyle. I get the most enjoyment from factions that have one really strong aspect, but are either mediocre or bad in other departments. Having armies that can do anything at any time isn't nearly as fun to me.
    RIP
    I think people shouldn't think to much about Nightly until we see it updated more because ot really may just be the nightly build.

If we see Neferata in game 3 how are you going to react.

I think people shouldn't think to much about Nightly until we see it updated more because ot really may just be the nightly build.

Game 3 I don't care about. Game2 got absolutely frontloaded with bloodsucker content. Enough!

• FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 2,986Registered Users

Game 3 I don't care about. Game2 got absolutely frontloaded with bloodsucker content. Enough!
    Frontloaded? They were the last DLC to come. Backloaded maybe? Unless you are referring to TK as bloodsuckers which still just makes them DLC, but I assume you're not since they aren't vampires. The main game itself had no vampire additions. I do agree though, there really isn't any need or reason for any additional Vampire content for the rest of game 2. But I do want to see Neferata in game 3 at some point.
    RIP
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 10,550Registered Users, Moderators
    Alright, lets try to comment less on each other and more on the topic, please.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.

Frontloaded? They were the last DLC to come. Backloaded maybe? Unless you are referring to TK as bloodsuckers which still just makes them DLC, but I assume you're not since they aren't vampires. The main game itself had no vampire additions. I do agree though, there really isn't any need or reason for any additional Vampire content for the rest of game 2. But I do want to see Neferata in game 3 at some point.
    Vampires are the second largest glob of content in the game, right after elves and since I count the bloodline lords as .5 LLs, they do have the most of them.

A.

We had exactly 2 Vampire LLs in game 2 and you think we are front loaded? Only half the Coast's lords were vampires.

B.

There are no vampires left to add in game 2, unless they make the Red Duke playable but that ship appears to have already sailed.

C.

So you are telling me that with how much shade you throw at Vampires, you won't get angry if we get 1-2 more vampire LLs in game 3?

O right, they do have the Red Duke, so they're actually tied with Elf LLs and still got the edge with the .5 bloodline lords. Thanks for reminding me!