Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New updates on Steamdb

Comments

• FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 2,986Registered Users

I think people shouldn't think to much about Nightly until we see it updated more because ot really may just be the nightly build.

They better not push even more vampire content.

If we see Neferata in game 3 how are you going to react.
    Game 3 I don't care about. Game2 got absolutely frontloaded with bloodsucker content. Enough!
    Frontloaded? They were the last DLC to come. Backloaded maybe? Unless you are referring to TK as bloodsuckers which still just makes them DLC, but I assume you're not since they aren't vampires. The main game itself had no vampire additions. I do agree though, there really isn't any need or reason for any additional Vampire content for the rest of game 2. But I do want to see Neferata in game 3 at some point.
    Vampires are the second largest glob of content in the game, right after elves and since I count the bloodline lords as .5 LLs, they do have the most of them.
    I don't disagree with you there. Just on the term frontloaded. As in, loaded at the front. They came last. Still a lot of them though. I have little complaint on the matter, but I completely get it. I'd be annoyed if a race I didn't care for seemed to get more attention than the others.
    RIP
  • FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Posts: 1,549Registered Users

I think people shouldn't think to much about Nightly until we see it updated more because ot really may just be the nightly build.

Game 3 I don't care about. Game2 got absolutely frontloaded with bloodsucker content. Enough!
    B.

There are no vampires left to add in game 2, unless they make the Red Duke playable but that ship appears to have already sailed.

Technically Neferata is still in Limbo. Does she have anything to do with night? :smile:

Also a case could be made for Abhorash too probably.

Lots of Vampire characters. But I’d hardly agree about being front loaded with Vampires lol
  • YharshaarjYharshaarj Senior Member Posts: 2,852Registered Users
    Oh I know what else besides Merwyrm might appease my mighty wrath. Dread Saurian, yes, they can release it alongside patch and I will like it. But it must roar.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• kevManiackevManiac Posts: 254Registered Users
    edited January 11

Nightly is the new "carpet"-

EDIT: what the flock is charlie?

Is this real? If so, then surely we get Araby. That would be pretty neat.
    But remember that somewhere in these files the Lord Pack should be hiding. That is the one that should be coming first, so that DLC should be somewhere in these updates. I guess either magpie or the blackbird is the DLC.

Also Sparrow was Vampire Coast right? Why would CA still work on Sparrow?

EDIT: I have no clue what Charlie is...
  • SbygneusSbygneus Posts: 744Registered Users
    please no more undead in game 2 :#
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 1,174Registered Users

B.

There are no vampires left to add in game 2, unless they make the Red Duke playable but that ship appears to have already sailed.

Technically Neferata is still in Limbo. Does she have anything to do with night? :smile:

Lots of Vampire characters. But I’d hardly agree about being front loaded with Vampires lol
    I meant it doesn't make much sense to see any more vampires in Game 2. Neferata is likely to show up in game 3, and maybe Walach since he is one of the 4 mortarchs not currently in the game and there appears to be some sort of lead up to End Times/Nagash/Mortarch stuff.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 10,872Registered Users
    kevManiac said:

Nightly is the new "carpet"-

EDIT: what the flock is charlie?

Is this real? If so, then surely we get Araby. That would be pretty neat.
    But remember that somewhere in these files the Lord Pack should be hiding. That is the one that should be coming first, so that DLC should be somewhere in these updates. I guess either magpie or the blackbird is the DLC.

Also Sparrow was Vampire Coast right? Why would CA still work on Sparrow?

EDIT: I have no clue what Charlie is...
    You can take a look for yourself, I'm not sure.

https://steamdb.info/app/594570/depots/

I'd caution against reading too much into any of the names. At best they're the vaguest of hints.

They are releasing the patch soonish, so presumably that's what they're working on with Sparrow.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwards, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Posts: 75Registered Users
    Neferata got hinted by Rich during AMA.

Drachenfels and the Mortarchs got hinted in some epilogues.

Nagash is the Hint King alongside with The End Times.

The Legion of Nagash is coming, that's for sure. We have to see if this means Core Race, DLC or secret race final boss
    Team Monogods - Team Nurgle

• baronblackbaronblack Posts: 2,678Registered Users

Neferata got hinted by Rich during AMA.

Drachenfels and the Mortarchs got hinted in some epilogues.

Nagash is the Hint King alongside with The End Times.

The Legion of Nagash is coming, that's for sure. We have to see if this means Core Race, DLC or secret race final boss

Epilogues seems tied alltogether with game 3. I suppose that, since CA won't go Far East, we will see content for Old and New World Races for WH3.
    In practice, we have just to wait, especially if that means, lacking the support for new races as campaign packs (as most of them will be on map right on day one, unless horrible placeholders again) we will get a TON of Lord packs instead.
    Honestly, a ton of lord packs appeals to me. They don't even always have to have units in them. Give 4 lords in a pack, one from each core race for each game, or go cross-game DLC though I doubt they'll ever do that as it creates extra barriers to entry. They could even with each one add an extra FLC lord for DLC factions like Beastmen and Wood Elves to get their LL count up there since I think they won't ever sell those due to the outrage some people would have.
    RIP
  • IconicIconic Posts: 315Registered Users
    Australian magpies are related to butcher birds
    Butcher is an ogre wizard
    Ogre Kingdoms confirmed
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 8,223Registered Users
    edited January 12
    Iconic said:

Ogre Kingdoms confirmed

Butcher Birds? Focke-Wulf FW 190 Würger confirmed!
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Posts: 82Registered Users
    Remember there is no upcoming content for Warhammer before Post-3K launch.

We will have the Festag Update rolled out though (out of beta)

Also no Make War Not Love this year either.

The builds are most likely Festag/LordPack and perhaps the PreOrder Dlc for 3.

Hope is the first step to disappointment.
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Posts: 1,398Registered Users
    I don’t see anything additional coming with the patch. I know this game isn’t limited to my imagine-but I can’t imagine how the merwyrm would be added as a model for real time battles-that thing is huge.
    hendo1592 said:

I don’t see anything additional coming with the patch. I know this game isn’t limited to my imagine-but I can’t imagine how the merwyrm would be added as a model for real time battles-that thing is huge.

Amanar is huge. Regular merwyrms are smaller than dragons.
    RIP
  • Boombastek91Boombastek91 Posts: 787Registered Users

B.

Well Abhorash (unlike other strigoi he talks like normal vampire on diplomacy window) and W'soran preseting in tww2 they are leaders of faction, and they are just generic VC lords with immortal.

So only left is Neferata and blood dragon first gen (forget his name).
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 10,872Registered Users
    Iconic said:

Ogre Kingdoms confirmed

I'm offended.

Ogres are much more civilized than both Magpies and the Collingwood football club.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwards, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • BardicInquisitionBardicInquisition Posts: 711Registered Users

B.

Well Abhorash (unlike other strigoi he talks like normal vampire on diplomacy window) and W'soran preseting in tww2 they are leaders of faction, and they are just generic VC lords with immortal.

You got it mixed up. The First Gen Blood Dragon is Abhorash, the Strigoi leader that talks with the Necromancer Lord voice on diplomacy is Ushoran.
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 116Registered Users
    Nightly stands for fire...as in a nightly fire. Another fireplace gif confirmed.
  • MagicspookMagicspook Posts: 47Registered Users

B.

He prolly doesnt have a normal strigoi voice because they don't have diplomacy lines for strigoi recorded.
  • Boombastek91Boombastek91 Posts: 787Registered Users

B.

He prolly doesnt have a normal strigoi voice because they don't have diplomacy lines for strigoi recorded.
    There a mercenary traveling faction that lead by strigoi.

So CA used necromancer voice by their own will.
  • ben8vteduben8vtedu Posts: 2,266Registered Users

B.

There a mercenary traveling faction that lead by strigoi.

So CA used necromancer voice by their own will.
    You're not making any sense. Are you talking about the Strygos Empire faction? Because they are certainly not a "traveling mercenary faction", they are settled.
    Keep Grombrindal in KaK, K8P should be 10 slots, Dogs of War should be a horde, DoC should be one race- Change my mind

Give us a Slayer Hero!
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Posts: 1,605Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

Unsure.

Interesting to note is that a Magpie is, technically, a bird that is black, though known for taking the odd shiny bit. It makes me wonder somewhat.

Nightly is a big ole blank for me, I'm afraid.

...goes to show that they're working on the game though. Quite a bit, apparently.

It just means they are now starting doing what they should have done on november 9th starting to develop the lord pack already long overdue.

• chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Posts: 1,605Registered Users

Are people still trying to hype themselves up? After, what, countless times this sort of hype led only to deep disappointment? I mean when has CA ever either lived up or surpassed what people hyped themselves up to?

Really only the base games themselves.

• CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 10,550Registered Users, Moderators

Canuovea said:

Unsure.

Interesting to note is that a Magpie is, technically, a bird that is black, though known for taking the odd shiny bit. It makes me wonder somewhat.

...goes to show that they're working on the game though. Quite a bit, apparently.

It just means they are now starting doing what they should have done on november 9th starting to develop the lord pack already long overdue.
    I like my island battles and encounters at sea, personally.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 14,978Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

Canuovea said:

Unsure.

Could have come with the SKV/LM LP easy. No reason to put in pirates in a game lacking actual naval battles.

• CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 10,550Registered Users, Moderators

Canuovea said:

Canuovea said:

Unsure.

Could have come with the SKV/LM LP easy. No reason to put in pirates in a game lacking actual naval battles.
    No they couldn't. It cost money from the DLC budget to add them, probably, and the encounters at sea make sense mostly filled with vampirates. So if the Skaven DLC came with it, chances are you'd not get a ton of units.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    Canuovea said:

Canuovea said:

Canuovea said:

Unsure.

No they couldn't. It cost money from the DLC budget to add them, probably, and the encounters at sea make sense mostly filled with vampirates. So if the Skaven DLC came with it, chances are you'd not get a ton of units.
    You did notice they reuse a lot of pre-existing maps for the open seas battles, right?

• MonochromaticSpiderMonochromaticSpider Posts: 448Registered Users

Canuovea said:

Canuovea said:

Canuovea said:

Unsure.

You did notice they reuse a lot of pre-existing maps for the open seas battles, right?
    It's called being economical with what is probably a very finite budget.

It is very common out in the real world that instead of thinking in best cases and best quality, solutions have to be done using a least costly minimal acceptable quality approach. And yes, this is quite sad, but that's just how things work.

Canuovea said:

Canuovea said:

Canuovea said:

Unsure.

It's called being economical with what is probably a very finite budget.

It is very common out in the real world that instead of thinking in best cases and best quality, solutions have to be done using a least costly minimal acceptable quality approach. And yes, this is quite sad, but that's just how things work.
    Point is that it didn't matter what DLC they came with. Vampire Pirates were not necessary for the ocean island battles.

They could have easily released the SKV/LM LP first.