Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Garrisons Need An Overhaul

2»

Comments

• Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 19,616Registered Users
    ben8vtedu said:

Military buildings are also for the most part restricted to major settlements, so they can't be using up slots either.

Dwarfs: Infantry chain and Ranger barracks are capped at tier 3

High Elves: Militia chain, Cavalry Chain, and Hunting grounds are capped at tier 3

Lizardmen: Skink chain, Terradons, and Cold Ones are capped at tier 3

Tomb Kings: Barracks chain, Chariot chain, and Arkhan's VC chain are capped at tier 3

Vampires: Infantry chain and Abyssal Wood are capped at tier 3

Dark Elves: Barracks chain, Dark Rider chain, and Shade chain are capped at tier 3

I could go on, but I've made my point. There are plenty of military recruitment buildings capped at tier 3 to the point where it does become a dilemma on which buildings to choose, especially in 2-3 settlement provinces and especially for races with more than 2 recruitment buildings capped at tier 3.
    Except of course, nope. Not at all. A three-region province has ample space for the whole recruitment chain and still a garrison everywhere. The 8-slot capitals have really simplified buildings to that degree. Also, if you plant military buildings everywhere you are not playing the game efficiently since outside of the Tomb Kings you get nothing from it. OK, if you constantly lose battles and need to remake armies then you probably need to have it that way but that's something the game already makes hard to accomplish by being so easy.

• Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Posts: 2,914Registered Users

No, these are all invalid points.

Nope, garrisons are badly implemented right now.

That's absolutely not true.

Nope. Not true either since...

Yeah no.

Except of course, nope. Not at all.

I'll cite the quoted responses as the reason why I'm leaving this thread. This might have been an interesting topic, but the aforementioned responses and overall tone just make this discussion exhausting. I stand by my points and argument, I just refuse to have a conversation like this.
    Peace out everyone, I'm done. TWW is now unrecognizable from the original IP and given the content offerings of the past year or so, I don't predict that CA's vision for the future will be all that appealing to me. Every wish or prediction I've made for the past year has been dashed and subverted so I'm pretty much abandoning any notion that the things that I'm hoping for will ever come. It also doesn't help that CA seems to only be granting the wishes of the most insufferably obnoxious players on this forum. So with that said...

• kgmikgmi Posts: 88Registered Users

3. makes absolutely zero sense, i'm sorry :D

Of course it does. You need money to pay your garrison and if you box your people in with walls and have near constant martial law, you will not have an easy time raising a bountiful economy.

Why do you think medieval towns, which were almost all heavily fortified, never quite got to be as big or prosperous as the less protected towns in the old Roman Empire?
    Isn't that a thing in SFO? You get lower regional income with walled settlements, to simulate garrison upkeep?
  • MonochromaticSpiderMonochromaticSpider Posts: 759Registered Users
    ben8vtedu said:

Yeah no.

I'll cite the quoted responses as the reason why I'm leaving this thread. This might have been an interesting topic, but the aforementioned responses and overall tone just make this discussion exhausting. I stand by my points and argument, I just refuse to have a conversation like this.
    Don't take it personally. Everyone who spends time here figures out sooner or later that he is the equivalent of a flat earther. It's impossible to have a normal conversation and you're never quite sure if he's a regular person taking the complete **** or if he actually believes in the hogwash he's saying.

And if you do go through the trouble of empirically demonstrating beyond all doubt that he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about then he'll just pretend like it never happened.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 19,616Registered Users
    ben8vtedu said:

Yeah no.

I rather think you don't want to discuss because your arguments run contrary to how the game actually plays out.

• CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 12,724Registered Users, Moderators
    Right that is enough of that. Closed.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
This discussion has been closed.