Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A Hero's Journey

Comments

• Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 16,121Registered Users
    Can't wait to smash Zhuge's smug face in.

• AoishiroAoishiro Posts: 50Registered Users
    quagfeng said:

Aoishiro said:

Traum77 said:

Looking good! The environments look especially rich, and Zhuge himself is nicely detailed, even if I'm still not sold on Liu Bei's character design. And spy mechanics next week sounds great.

Glad to see the release date was prominent in this one too - should put to rest some people's worries about pushing the launch back.

Liu Bei's face change every time, I don't think he looks similar to his portrait in the poster.

It's kind of crazy. When we got the first trailer, I thought Liu Bei was meh but in fact he was awesome!

Then we got Liu Bei in Cao Cao's trailer.

Then Liu Bei in his poster which was better but not what I expected.

And now, he is somehow worse. I don't know if It's the model who are just not good or Liu Bei that's ugly.
    Actually, as a Chinese, the Liu Bei in this video looks like that he is seriously sick due to the color of his skin ...
    Also his mimic is kinda of weird.
    I think (hope) that It had to do with the models, when you look closely Zhuge Liang is not that great either through Liu Bei is far worse.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 8,865Registered Users
    edited January 12
    alstl said:

Definitely looking for gameplay - battle gameplay in classic mode.

I'll buy the game regardless but it would be nice to see a good preview. It is after a total war game.

The non-romanticised mode would likely be shown in a separated video, most of the videos would likely be shown in the romanticised mode, and video about intelligence and counterintelligence is more important anyway. It's possible that the classic mode would be shown in one of the latest videos.
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • tfwoods3tfwoods3 Posts: 842Registered Users
    Aoishiro said:

quagfeng said:

Aoishiro said:

Traum77 said:

Looking good! The environments look especially rich, and Zhuge himself is nicely detailed, even if I'm still not sold on Liu Bei's character design. And spy mechanics next week sounds great.

Glad to see the release date was prominent in this one too - should put to rest some people's worries about pushing the launch back.

Liu Bei's face change every time, I don't think he looks similar to his portrait in the poster.

It's kind of crazy. When we got the first trailer, I thought Liu Bei was meh but in fact he was awesome!

Then we got Liu Bei in Cao Cao's trailer.

Then Liu Bei in his poster which was better but not what I expected.

And now, he is somehow worse. I don't know if It's the model who are just not good or Liu Bei that's ugly.
    Actually, as a Chinese, the Liu Bei in this video looks like that he is seriously sick due to the color of his skin ...
    Also his mimic is kinda of weird.
    I think (hope) that It had to do with the models, when you look closely Zhuge Liang is not that great either through Liu Bei is far worse.

The portraits are awesome, but the 3d models can't compare. I haven't been happy with Cao Cao's 3d in-game face either.

This looks just awesome! Wow! And that city will be so freaking hard to capture, amazing location.

Are we sure that is in game?

Pandas OP please nerf. +100 public order is too high a buff from any character, unit, or creature in a total war game

The Pandas would be the next Total War 'gamebreaker', and might be too late to stop it now. :)

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Gamebreaker/TotalWar
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 9,731Registered Users
    tfwoods3 said:

This looks just awesome! Wow! And that city will be so freaking hard to capture, amazing location.

Don't see why not. It just looks like a campaign map snippet.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • ghqy22ghqy22 Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited January 14
    Some picture I take in the nearby mountains

Post edited by ghqy22 on
    I'm so glad I didn't load that on my phone. You may want to make those links.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,156Registered Users
    Is there a possibility for Zhuge Liang to work for another warlord except Liu Bei?

Man the music is going to be good in this title.

Kudos to to the creator of the piece in this trailer.

Do you like that its english dub now?
  • SakotadejanSakotadejan Posts: 151Registered Users
    tfwoods3 said:

Well i sure hope it is in the game. It would be bad if they showed a piece of map that they wont put into the game on release.
  • BreadboxBreadbox Posts: 574Registered Users
    edited January 12
    I hope Zhuge Liang get his iconic wheel chair mount!
    Can’t wait to send him smashing through ranks upon ranks of infantry mooks while sending dozens flying with the gentle caress of his feathered fan!/s

At the very least I hope command chariots are an option as mount.
    edited January 12
    jamreal18 said:

Is there a possibility for Zhuge Liang to work for another warlord except Liu Bei?

Well it was said in one of the diplomacy videos that vassals can rebel, but I am not sure if that means that main characters would be able to switch sides, possible with some being more loyal than others.

tfwoods3 said:

Well i sure hope it is in the game. It would be bad if they showed a piece of map that they wont put into the game on release.
    I was thinking the scenes of his home and some of the scenes where he is traveling are not in game, so it makes me question the map looking scenes.
    I was never able to use generals that didn't belong to me at some point in the book, it just felt wrong. So even when I had the chance to recruit some, i didn't.
  • SantobubuSantobubu Member Posts: 368Registered Users
    Hi all,
    Apologies if that question has been asked already but is Zhuge Liang only tied to Liu Bei or can you recruit him as well as another warlord ? Does this apply to all heroes?
  • AryndelinAryndelin Junior Member Posts: 1,173Registered Users
    edited January 12
    Santobubu said:

Hi all,
    Apologies if that question has been asked already but is Zhuge Liang only tied to Liu Bei or can you recruit him as well as another warlord ? Does this apply to all heroes?

We don't know yet. Might be he auto joins liu bei down the line, might be he can be recruited by anyone.

His personality will probably heavily lean towards liu bei's playstyle though. Wouldn't make sense to introduce the entire "personality" thing if it didnt have impact on unique characters staying with you or not.

For example, it would be a total bummer to be incapable to keep Zhao Yun as Gongsun Zan just because Yun historically ended up with Liu Bei further down the line. Even if you played as a leader Zhao Yun could respect.

Thus i surmise everyone (exept the warlords themselfs) could be obtained by anyone. As long as their personality and preferences fit.
  • ystyst Posts: 4,364Registered Users
    edited January 12
    It would be a dream come true to taste panda meat. Alas its impossible.
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
    Unit stats compare courtesy of Seal62 https://total-war-unit-compare.herokuapp.com/
  • ThedossbossThedossboss Posts: 137Registered Users
    tfwoods3 said:

tfwoods3 said:

I was thinking the scenes of his home and some of the scenes where he is traveling are not in game, so it makes me question the map looking scenes.
    The scenes he was travelling all looked like they could be in the game. From the forest to the burning outpost defences. As for his 'home', it looks like a generic shrine you would find as some prop on the battle map, or in the background at the very least. Think shogun 2
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,403Registered Users
    yst said:

It would be a dream come true to taste panda meat. Alas its impossible.

I mean, I can't imagine it tastes much better or different than other Bear meats. Trying one of those would probably be easier.
    Zhuge Liang working for another warlord seems off.

Regarding upcoming info...

Will we going to see spies in action in battles or in campaign again?
    jamreal18 said:

Zhuge Liang working for another warlord seems off.

Regarding upcoming info...

Will we going to see spies in action in battles or in campaign again?

Technically, there are no spy units in this game. Characters can be used to infiltrate enemy factions, gain their trust, change ther allegiance, and cause a variety of other mischief

As a result, if it was in battle it'd just be the character leading his retinue just like any character. This is a campaign video
    Nothing new Monday :(
  • mahboi1mahboi1 Member Posts: 691Registered Users
    ghqy22 said:

Some picture I take in the nearby mountains

Man, China is so pretty!
    Sigmar wills it!
  • gholingholin Member Posts: 925Registered Users
    Beautiful all around. Man I really enjoy the music in these trailers. I hope the game soundtrack is similar. In Total War Warhammer, we never got the Bretonnian trail's music in the game itself other than it's intro, after all.

Excited for gameplay!
  • sebasnowsebasnow Posts: 4Registered Users
    Tayvar said:

quagfeng said:

Finally Zhuge Liang!!! I have seen pandas ;)

Looks like CA puts their experience with many non-humans models from Warhammer to good use.
    Nah CA usually models animals in historical games for example in Total War Rome 2 there were wild elephants, camels, wolves, deer, whales, etc
    gholin said:

Beautiful all around. Man I really enjoy the music in these trailers. I hope the game soundtrack is similar. In Total War Warhammer, we never got the Bretonnian trail's music in the game itself other than it's intro, after all.

Excited for gameplay!

If music is overbearing, it actually ruins immersion, not ads to it. This type of music works well with drama, not with action, made specifically to sound like an epic journey, rather than an epic battle. Nothing about the campaign map has an 'epic' moment, so dramatic adventure music wouldn't work there either.
    However, given the nature of campaign music in the previous titles would suggest we get maybe a slightly lite version of this soundtrack
    edited January 15

Will those be part of battlemap itself wherein troops can deploy onto or just background only?