Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Your favorite single entity unit in Warhammer 1&2 !

DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 2,293Registered Users
Hello everyone !

Here is another 'your all time favorite' post ! I see they are doing well, and most importantly, we have fun with eachother discussing our favorite game !

So here we go again. This time its about your favorite single entity unit in warhammer 1 and 2 combined. Remember, only 1 unit allowed, and no more.

Before you are going to give your answer, may I please ask you to read the rules before you make your decision ? thank you very much !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules :

You can pick any unit IN the game, not units which might have been added by mods

Your choice needs to be based on the game options of units, this means no unit that is affected by mods (buffing stats or the likes) which make you like it better and thus your favorite.

All DLC"s, FLC units are allowed.

The question is about your favorite unit in the game, not lore (this can make a lot of different)

Tell us WHY you like the unit, otherwise it loses the purpose of this post.

No legendary lords, generic lords or hero's. (and therefore there mount)

RoR units are allowed.

No bashing others for there choice !!! Don't need to explain to someone else why there choice might be a poor one in your eyes.

You should pick your favorite unit without regards to cost effectiveness. I want to hear you overall favorite unit, not because it does best cost wise.

Only 1 unit (meaning, not 2 or more !!) can be your complete favorite, so choose wisely !!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As usual, I start with mine :)

This was an easy pick for me. the very first time I used this one I was in ABSOLUTE LOVE with it !! Without further due, I choose : The Chill of Sontar !!! (note, I really mean the RoR unit variant of the War Hydra, NOT the standard version of it, but sadly I couldn't find a nice screenshot for him ^^)

This guy is so much better then the normal War Hydra.

Let me begin by saying he looks MESMERIZING. When you are fighting in snowy areas, his beautiful blue/white colour reflect like a mirror on your soul. It is truly a desired beast to have.

His Breath attack is ammmmmaaaaazzzziiiinnnnggg !!!! (if you haven't tried, I highly suggest you do it NOW(!)). It truly slays infantry.

The overall feeling of a war hydra is very easy going and easy to deploy against a wide variant of units. I like the simplicity it brings, yet with great effectiveness.

This is my favorite RoR unit out of all of them that are available. I love the guy and is therefor my favorite single entity monster in the game (so far !! I challenge you C.A. to make me chance my mind !)

Now its your turn ! as always, I look forward seeing all of your decisions and thank you in advance for your contribution.

Have a great day everyone !
Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor

Comments

• Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 18,452Registered Users
    The dead, mutilated elf at my feet.

• blaatblaat Junior Member Posts: 2,932Registered Users
    ironbreakers

140 n armour and 91 MD + charge defense VS all

good luck getting past that

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
  • SagrandaSagranda Posts: 1,445Registered Users
    Gorebull

You already love the Minotaurs?
    This boy takes a Minotaurs and upgrades it with additional uses on the campaign map, 150% more style, 200% more power and 500% more awesomeness.

You need him to do something? He will do it in style.
    Summersault charges? Check
    Killing everything and everyone who's in the way? Check
    Assassinating enemy heroes and lords? Check
    Assaulting armies? Check
    Assaulting garrisons? Check
    Reducing Public Order? Check
    Buffs your troops? Check
    Buffs recruitment? Check
    Trains your troops? Check
    Summersault charges? Check
    Wields a big **** ax? Check

Want to make a Chosen feel jealousy? Bring a Gorebull
    Want a High Elf to feel small and insecure? Bring a Gorebull
    Want to make a Dark Elf your little plaything? Bring a Gorebull
    Want a Flagellant to actually run away in terror? Bring a Gorebull
    Want a Dawi to leave behind the finest kegs of beer as he flees? Bring a Gorebull
    Want a Kroxigor to make a Slann question The Great Plan? Bring a Gorebull
    Want all of the Skaven to unite against you? Bring a Gorebull
    Want to make the Greenskins go to university to study fields like neuroscience, psychology and Aerospace Engineering? Bring a Gorebull
    Want to make the Dawi Zharr forget about Fluffy Hats? Bring a Gorebull
    Want the Vampire Counts to skip to blood from sheep and pigs? Bring a Gorebull
    Want to make the Vampire Coast build submarines and hide at the bottom of the ocean within hidden undersea villages? Bring a Gorebull
    Want to change jobs in Norsca from fishers and raiders to potters, ice sculptors and figure skaters? Bring a Gorebull
    Want a Grail Knight to gift his steed to a peasant? Bring a Gorebull
    Want to make Settra serve? Bring a Gorebull
    Want to make Vashnaar's Conquest even more scary? Add a Gorebull and remove the rest

Want to see perfection? Look at a Gorebull

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • Beladon1988Beladon1988 Posts: 23Registered Users
    If I had to choose a favourite single entity unit I would probably have to say the Lizardmen Stegadon.

During my first full vortex campaign playing as Lizardmen, Kroq-gar, the starting Stegadon I got was with me from start to finish and I loved watching it smash through my enemies in battle. There is something very satisfying about watching those rats turned to red paste by an angry herbivore and of course it never gets old, I could watch time and time again (provided my attention is not needed elsewhere on the battlefield.

I always had a fascination with Dinosaurs when I was younger and the Triceratops was always one of my favourites, thick hide, large intimidating crest and of course the horns. Given it's similarities to our hardy, big booty Stegadon, it's easy to see why :smiley:

I also love big butts and I cannot lie :tongue:
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Posts: 1,394Registered Users
    War Mammoth. Just fun to see it's size and inertia just wreck battle lines.
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Posts: 624Registered Users
    Easily the Carnosaur. I love the look and it's animations, it's a shame they aren't formidable as infantry killers, since their animations take a long time and they don't rack up as many kills as say a Stegadon, who trashes around all the time.
    I know they're a dedicated anti large unit, but still
  • CA_JamesCA_James Posts: 131Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team
    Easily the Doomwheel. I just love crushing man-things...
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Posts: 2,045Registered Users
    Single entity... hmm...

Ancient Stegadon by a mile. It's anti-infantry, but it can still hold its own against cavalry and even other high-tier monster killers. The blowpipes mulch infantry, they have a massive charge bonus, and they have such a high mass that they can just plow through almost everything. Truly a monster, and the best all-around one at that. Need it to fight cavalry? No problem. Infantry? That's what it's made for. Other monster? Just watch as they get skewered on the Stegadon's horns. Every anti-large infantry can struggle, since the beast just tosses them around.

The ONLY thing that might top it was if we got an Engine of the Gods variant...
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Posts: 674Registered Users
    I love me a Vamp Lord on zombie dragon, but that's just looks and theme. Function wise I have always loved gorebulls, so bad ass, but they just make me wish there was a doombull though.

Team Vampire Counts

• John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Posts: 321Registered Users
    As a spider lover myself, the Arachnarok spider. All hail the Spider God!
  • EliacTheEmeraldTeethEliacTheEmeraldTeeth Posts: 383Registered Users
    CA_James said:

Tfw only topic CA answers in, is a topic about favourite unit.

As for my favourite unit, Queen Bess because it's just glorious
    I assure you, we are very real. And we have come for you and your realm.
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,150Registered Users
    edited January 11
    As a Big Lizardmen Fan I simply got to go with the Mighty Ancient Stegadon.

It simply feels like a Tank, a monstruous Guardian of Order. Charging Headfirst into the fray, with the most glorious and devastating charge in the game, sending lines of enemy flying. Their poisonous machine guns makes them suprisingly powerfull against Monsters, beating Mammoths and even the Carnosaurs in combat. They are an anchor or any army, able to tank hundreds of enemies at a time.

Simply an amazingly beautifull sight on the battlefield !

Plus the Mighty Zlaaq, the loyal mount of Pepe the toad is an ancient stegadon so thats a **** plus !

CA_James said:

Haha agreed, still appreciate them participating 😂😂

Its true tough its been a while since I saw a single CA post

• dreagondreagon Senior Member Posts: 1,741Registered Users
    Ancient Stegadon. It simply wrecks faces, even if you click attack once and forget about it the rest of the fight.
    "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft
  • DragantisDragantis PolandPosts: 171Registered Users
    It is really hard to choose one favorite unit in this game especially because there are so many cool monster in the game. I have dillema between Varghulf and Vargheists. I think that I gonna choose Varghulf as the best monster in the game.
    Blood for the Blood God!
    Among men, Lu Bu. Among horses, Red Hare.
  • makar55makar55 Posts: 1,433Registered Users
    edited January 11
    Hydra, I really like the way these heads look. They are so pretty!

Post edited by makar55 on
  • FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Posts: 1,624Registered Users
    Mine easily are all lords.... mostly

Kroq Gar, Throgg, Vlad, Queek, Nauctilus,

But non lords I’m loving the Vargulf and Triceratops. Big ramming monsters
  • Anubis258Anubis258 Posts: 105Registered Users
    Karl and Deathclaw

• DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 2,293Registered Users

The dead, mutilated elf at my feet.

blaat said:

ironbreakers

140 n armour and 91 MD + charge defense VS all

good luck getting past that

That aint a single entity unit ! ;)

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor

If I had to choose a favourite single entity unit I would probably have to say the Lizardmen Stegadon.

During my first full vortex campaign playing as Lizardmen, Kroq-gar, the starting Stegadon I got was with me from start to finish and I loved watching it smash through my enemies in battle. There is something very satisfying about watching those rats turned to red paste by an angry herbivore and of course it never gets old, I could watch time and time again (provided my attention is not needed elsewhere on the battlefield.

I always had a fascination with Dinosaurs when I was younger and the Triceratops was always one of my favourites, thick hide, large intimidating crest and of course the horns. Given it's similarities to our hardy, big booty Stegadon, it's easy to see why :smiley:

I also love big butts and I cannot lie :tongue:

Good one !!! ;) !! and big butts ? you and I will get along just fine !

Easily the Carnosaur. I love the look and it's animations, it's a shame they aren't formidable as infantry killers, since their animations take a long time and they don't rack up as many kills as say a Stegadon, who trashes around all the time.
    I know they're a dedicated anti large unit, but still

aaa, a very good pick ! I was quite sure it would have made it to this list !

CA_James said:

aaa what a honor seeing you here James ! The doomwheel ....... gota love the doomwheel !!!

I would say, a very nice pick my friend ! ;) bulldozer right over the manthings, and if that isn;t enough a warp lighnting beam will make short work of there remaining limbs !

Kranox said:

CA_James said:

Haha agreed, still appreciate them participating 😂😂

Its true tough its been a while since I saw a single CA post
    Yes, its a real honor ! love it :)

makar55 said:

Chosen, they won me unwinnable battles.

Single entity my friend !

Anubis258 said:

Karl and Deathclaw

Sorry my friend, I need to redirect you to the RULE BOOK !!!

choose again ;) !

dreagon said:

Ancient Stegadon. It simply wrecks faces, even if you click attack once and forget about it the rest of the fight.

I think you are very right about that, they are AWESOME.

• makar55makar55 Posts: 1,433Registered Users
    DarkLordD said:

makar55 said:

Chosen, they won me unwinnable battles.

Single entity my friend !
    Sorry, fixed by now.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 3,796Registered Users
    I'll have to say the Carnosaur. Not only because it's a dinosaur and therefore already awesome, but I love the animation of it leaping into infantry. It just looks like it's having so much fun jumping into them. I'll agree, they are not really the best units, but I love watching them tear through infantry like a puppy diving into a bunch of tissue paper. They look like they enjoy it as much as I do.
    I am incredibly mad and angry at whatever someone insinuated could possibly, but not likely, happen in the WH series today and CA must answer for this with an explanation of why they might possibly, but didn't do this!!!

I'll have to say the Carnosaur. Not only because it's a dinosaur and therefore already awesome, but I love the animation of it leaping into infantry. It just looks like it's having so much fun jumping into them. I'll agree, they are not really the best units, but I love watching them tear through infantry like a puppy diving into a bunch of tissue paper. They look like they enjoy it as much as I do.

Agree they are so **** nice, if they could be a bit better vs Infantry they would be my favorite unit single entity for sure.

• tanspan88tanspan88 Posts: 201Registered Users
    In terms of right clicking the enemy line, pressig K, and running for a box of tissues - defo the hellpit abomination. The model and animation is just mesmerising.

Overall though the doomwheel. Love speeding around flashing off lightening like a madman