Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Your favorite single entity unit in Warhammer 1&2 !

Comments

• kgmikgmi Posts: 88Registered Users
    Mirror Guard Chaos Warriors. Looks so fancy that I spend most of the time watching them fight in cinematic mode....while slowly losing the battle. But doesn't matter, had fabulous time!
  • blaatblaat Junior Member Posts: 2,797Registered Users
    DarkLordD said:

The dead, mutilated elf at my feet.

blaat said:

ironbreakers

140 n armour and 91 MD + charge defense VS all

good luck getting past that

That aint a single entity unit ! ;)
    LOL LOL read the post twice but somehow manged to mis that LOL

have no real preference then but if I must choose I take the blesed stegadon imunne to vigour is huge

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
  • Odie0351Odie0351 Junior Member Posts: 13Registered Users
    Bastilodon with Solar Engine.

Love dinosaurs and Ankylosaurids are a favorite so it was an easy choice. It's artillery capabilities make it even more appealing, add to that it has little skinks hurling javelins. And once it runs out of ammo for it's solar powered death ray it can close distance and tank in melee.
  • MagicspookMagicspook Posts: 62Registered Users
    Hierotitan. Who doesn't love lady justitia's big brother :smile:

Doomwheel as close runner-up

• RikisRikis Posts: 698Registered Users

Hierotitan. Who doesn't love lady justitia's big brother :smile:

Doomwheel as close runner-up

Second the Hierotitan. It just looks so cool and works great in campaign. Always have two of them stomping around in my Arkhan stack.
  • endurendur Posts: 2,698Registered Users
    Gorbull. Or Shaggoth.
  • kondenadokondenado Posts: 220Registered Users
    Luminach. With this little f... You can kill the enemy Lord and other beg (Big Evil Guys).
  • dchip1dchip1 Posts: 358Registered Users
    Dang there's so many cool units hard to pick just one....gonna have to go with Ushabti. They look so cool just charging and slicing people up.

Runners up are: War Sphinx, Hellcannon, Tomb Scorpians, Mammoths, Mournghoul Haunter, Star Dragon, Doom Diver, and Black Orks

• TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 6,121Registered Users
    Anubis258 said:

Karl and Deathclaw

Anubis258 said:

Karl and Deathclaw

+1
    Anubis258 said:

Karl and Deathclaw

Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • ErlykErlyk Posts: 2Registered Users
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 9,731Registered Users
    Great Eagle.

Fastest unit. Great AoE. Animations optimised for maximum damage. High leadership.

It's without peer.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 882Registered Users
    Bastiladon with Solar Engine.

Two reasons:
    Because it's a living tank.
    Because it's adorable.
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 1,986Registered Users

Great Eagle.

Fastest unit. Great AoE. Animations optimised for maximum damage. High leadership.

It's without peer.

Hey Commissar !

Interesting choice, I never was able to make the GReat eagle truly work, I assume it has to do with my micromanagment ;) I rather choose the more 'easier way' our I guess.

How you make use of them :) ? supporter/artillery killer ?
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 9,731Registered Users
    DarkLordD said:

Great Eagle.

It's without peer.

Hey Commissar !

Interesting choice, I never was able to make the GReat eagle truly work, I assume it has to do with my micromanagment ;) I rather choose the more 'easier way' our I guess.

Oh I was joking. Thought it was funny. It's a borderline useless unit.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~

DarkLordD said:

Great Eagle.

It's without peer.

Hey Commissar !

Oh I was joking. Thought it was funny. It's a borderline useless unit.
    Haha you got me , i thought you where serious;) cause I wanted to know your secret of using him! It's a nice unit though , just not that strong.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • harngersteinharngerstein Posts: 718Registered Users
    Unpopular opinion: the Kharybdibinousileaux.

Same great animations as the hydra but such a unique vibe. 4 mouths with one huge, mandibled maw with zero eyes and apparently another jaw on its belly(?)

Very spoopy, obviously in my nightmares, fortunately the cold waters off the edge of my black ark are great for washing my corsair trousers everytime the resident magician decides to summon one up from the depths
  • Fear_The_WolfFear_The_Wolf Posts: 2,271Registered Users

This is the best gif on the internet. Most badass LL walking in front of the most badass unit in the game. War Mammoths get my vote easy. Next runner up is a nautical mile behind. Nothing says Absolutely crushing assault like a War Mammoth breaking right on through. And it is in my humble opinion the strongest unit in the game. Even the most dedicated Anti-Large infantry are little more than a stain under their feet, and it takes far too much dedicated ranged firepower to bring them low. A force multiplier that an opponent must answer, and often has too few resources to answer with. About thr only thing the unit fears is other large Anti-Large units. From personal experience, few people really want to throw their Blood Knights headlong into a charging match with Mammoths though. The unit is phenomenal in every way.
  • Boombastek91Boombastek91 Posts: 787Registered Users
    edited January 12
    Ancient stegadon. He had a 2 guns with 900 dmg in 10 sec (summary end in 1800dmg) at 9 rank with not bad AP ratio (around 30%, good for range unit). Plus he had 3 skink with spears, with 60 dmg in 10 sec with 40% AP ratio and ofc every range attack poison.
    And ofc his melee potential with 18 bonus vs infantry. And dont forget 140 armor and 70 charge.
    That a killing machine.
  • Urza1234Urza1234 Posts: 212Registered Users
    CA_James said:

Easily the Doomwheel. I just love crushing man-things...

I love it getting stuck on tiny little dead bodies on the ground because its mass is too low.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 12,118Registered Users
    Kholek. He's just ridonkulous.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 1,383Registered Users
    Rotting Leviathan

I do work on Anomurans and to have one in game just sets my heart a flutter

• SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenPosts: 18,195Registered Users

I don't use them nearly enough when playing VC, but I think the Varghulf is still one of the greatest single entity units.

It's fast, causes terror, regenerate, so don't really need invocation, has good AP and okay mass...what's not to like?

It can be anywhere in the frontline, jump out and get wherever else it might be needed and isn't too shabby at hurting lords either. It smashes gates easily and gives mediocre offensive melee undead infantry much more of a bite.

Also, it's fun to watch when it's killing infantry.

This is the best gif on the internet. Most badass LL walking in front of the most badass unit in the game. War Mammoths get my vote easy. Next runner up is a nautical mile behind. Nothing says Absolutely crushing assault like a War Mammoth breaking right on through. And it is in my humble opinion the strongest unit in the game. Even the most dedicated Anti-Large infantry are little more than a stain under their feet, and it takes far too much dedicated ranged firepower to bring them low. A force multiplier that an opponent must answer, and often has too few resources to answer with. About thr only thing the unit fears is other large Anti-Large units. From personal experience, few people really want to throw their Blood Knights headlong into a charging match with Mammoths though. The unit is phenomenal in every way.

I really need to give Noraca a try don't I ?

I haven't played the guys yet! While I do own all DLCs!! I am just such a slow phase player that I still have tons to do in-game.

Rotting Leviathan

I do work on Anomurans and to have one in game just sets my heart a flutter

Yeah ! Nice one ! I think some people forgot about vampire coast units, but there monsters are quite awesome I agree !

• Louis_1Louis_1 Posts: 760Registered Users
    The Mighty Treeman!!!

Loupi
    Louis_1 said:

The Mighty Treeman!!!

Glory to the mighty forest dwellers ! True heirs of athel Loren!

• Lin_HuichiLin_Huichi Posts: 149Registered Users
    Star dragon for single entity flying, Khemrian Warsphinx for land.

I like all dragons the High elves have and Stars are the best. Their breath attack is awesome, completely deletes Black Guard. Tomb king constructs are epic too, and I love the Warsphinx most of all. Can't wait to play coop and have both fighting side by side!

Star dragon for single entity flying, Khemrian Warsphinx for land.

I like all dragons the High elves have and Stars are the best. Their breath attack is awesome, completely deletes Black Guard. Tomb king constructs are epic too, and I love the Warsphinx most of all. Can't wait to play coop and have both fighting side by side!

1 my friend, 1 !!! and 1 ONLY !!

choose now ;) !

• DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Posts: 1,022Registered Users

Gotta be the forest dragon. Those stuttering screeches it makes, that mossy crown of antlers, the beautiful forest greens contrasting with those vivid orange patterns on the underside of the wings... it's the unit that got me into this series after seeing it in action.
  • ZerglesZergles Member Posts: 3,011Registered Users