Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Favorite Legendary Lord in the Game !

Comments

• OldblackeyesOldblackeyes Posts: 97Registered Users
    Ghorst. Not even joking.
  • KranoxKranox Posts: 3,528Registered Users

Ghorst. Not even joking.

Oh **** thats nice

Why do you love him ?
    Kranox Aka [AIMA] Dracklor

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 9,731Registered Users

Ghorst. Not even joking.

Good pick, I never understood the hate for him. I always have a blast as Ghorst.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 9,731Registered Users
    The White Dwarf easily.

Strongest blue tree in the game bar none. OP starting units. A combat monster. Fun unique campaign mechanic. The absurdly strong "MIght Beard of Defence" skill. 4 whole quest chains that make you play the Dwarf campaign in a unique way. (Like doing to defend Kraka Drak early on) Perfect voice acting.

Just a great character all around that's a blast to use and immensely powerful.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 882Registered Users
    Alarielle.

Love her start location. Love her playstyle. I think she's also my spirit animal.
  • OldblackeyesOldblackeyes Posts: 97Registered Users
    Why Ghorst? I love necromancers in the WH setting, I got involved in warhammer as a teenager just after the 4th edition undead book was released and have just kinda thought they were super cool ever since. Ghost is basically a generic necromancer with a bit of spice, similar to Kemmler but kemmler has the chaos allegiance which ruins the whole vibe for me. On top of that Ghorst's mechanics really jive with how I like to play strategy games. Things I look for in a faction are; attrition, powerful support and healing, summoning, magic focus, dude ticks all my boxes. I think he's got weaker lately, having to be in combat to trigger his aura hit him particularly hard. I feel like that was an unintended side affect of the needed nerf to Mortis engines but he's so unpopular that noone not even CA care that they accidentally gimped one of the already most poorly performing lords.
  • GerardofthetitanGerardofthetitan Posts: 353Registered Users
    Malus Darkbla- wait...
    #NeverForget

• Boombastek91Boombastek91 Posts: 787Registered Users
    Fay chantres. Have 15% ward save at 15 rank, 45 wind of magic from self skiils.
    Had bound skill that buff attack of unit by 44,mortis engine aura and - 5 attack aura.
    Had skill that gave to any lord 10% ward if he followed by hero, and buff to grail units 5 attack and MD.
    And main thing she had 15% repleshment faction wide that made bretonia realy plesure to play faction.
  • Fear_The_WolfFear_The_Wolf Posts: 2,271Registered Users
    Wulfrik the Wanderer

The living embodiment of being able to back up every prideful word spoke. And in Wulfriks case, that pride has no limit. He's a born leader, and a warrior with hardly an equal. And surely no equal to whom hasn't a metric ton of advantages through either their gods favor or relics of power. The man is just that, a man. Even on TT this is represented by him being less powerful base stats than a standard Chaos Lord, he was only a hero option. Wulfriks big thing was picking out one character from the opponents ranks and declaring that that guy will not make it out the fight alive. And he was **** good at it. His only supernatural "gift" from the gods of Chaos is that of Tongues, the ability to speak a challenge that cant be ignored in any language. Even to the creatures and monsters of the Warhammer world. But once that challenge is sent the inevitable victory is all him. Not some blessing of the dark gods, or Sigmars intervention. Just an angry Maruader Champion looking to prove that he's the best there is.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 1,383Registered Users
    edited January 12
    THE KING IN THE NORTH!!!!!

Throgg, King of Trolls, Master of Combat, Philosopher Extraordinaire.

If we ever got forum icons for all the LL's factions (which will never happen because we are the forgotten) I would switch to Wintertooth in a heart beat.

Love Norsca, love monsters, love Throgg. I'm **** that he is missing his troll buffs in the current beta patch. Also kinda sad Throgg doesn't speak with eloquence like he does in the lore. I almost said "with eloquence that would put an elf to shame" but he already does that in game. I am still just so pumped to have him in the game when I originally thought I would never see him because there are so many WoC characters.

Second is Harkon because he has the best personality of all the LLs. After that one of the Skaven LLs but it is hard to pick a favorite.

Edit: I always forget that word is censored
  • DatHomieSilverSurferDatHomieSilverSurfer Posts: 18Registered Users
    Queek considering over half of my 800hrs game time in WH2 has been spent in his campaign.

...But Luthor Harkon is pretty damn awesome too
  • KelefaneKelefane Posts: 767Registered Users
    Grimgor
    Malekith
    Alith Anar
    Tyrion
    Kroq-Gar
    Queek
    The One Eye

Yeah that's 7, but thems my favorites and the ones I have the most fun with.
  • AkiAmazAkiAmaz Posts: 74Registered Users
    edited January 12
    This is tough. I am actually not a LL (or big monster lover) so it is hard to choose, plus all my WH1 playthroughs are a few years back.

Nope, am foxed. Can't call this one (or DLD's big monster thread).

Sorry.
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 1,986Registered Users
    edited January 12
    Well well well well well ... youngling.... stolen my next idea he !? Hahaha you know I have to send the witch hunter to you now you understand that right ?

Haha but of course I will participate in my own game, this one is easy as can be ..

THE FAY ENCHANTRESS!

Why ?

She is first of all beautiful, but don't let her beauty fool you because she is deadly. I promise you.

If my mind serves correct, she is the ONLY one in the game with the awakening of the wood spell upgraded and thus overcast. Its extremely potent, and a very fast recharge rate. Futher then that, her wardsafe can get insane.

But overall .. Its her style and grace which make her for the best roleplay Lord in the entire game !

For the lady ! But I can tell you my friend, you have a lot of praying to do to the lady for such heresy you have committed today ;) !

Ps.

Just so you know, i am still doing this one as well ! (Nanananana!!) I have a whole list of topics I am still going to do haha ^^ I love to see people seem to like these things though. Atleast I take some joy out of the fact you choose mighty king louen leoncuour! Imagine the blasphamy to the lady if you didn't even pick any Bretonnian Lord!!
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • SbygneusSbygneus Posts: 744Registered Users
    edited January 12
    I like Beastmen LL from TT but as Beastmen are somewheat screwed in TW I like Skaven LLs most.
  • Theo91Theo91 Posts: 509Registered Users
    How could anyone not pick wurzaag. He dances and is also an absolute beast
    edited January 12
    Theo91 said:

How could anyone not pick wurzaag. He dances and is also an absolute beast

Yes !! nice one !

I HATE GS, but I got a SPECIAL spot for Wurrzag Ud Ura Zahubu, the Great Green Prophet !! His savage orcs are actually fun.

If only CA gave us a Savage orc lord, I would all be fine. Then I can finally do a real GS campaign I actually like with using ONLY savage orcs !

Wurrzag is truly a beast ! he is so strong, and his mount is sooooo much fun, I love the feeling Wurrzag brings with him. A crazy Shaman who is proprally to much on mushrooms and dances and prances around while he truly SLAYS !

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • tyrannustyrannus Posts: 629Registered Users
    Lol there's a lot of them. All empire lords, especially Karl Franz, Alith Anar, Tyrion, Settra, Ungrim, Skarsnik, Malekith , the game is full of amazing legendary lords. Would be even more amazing if Borgio the Besieger was in the game.

Believe in humanity!
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Posts: 2,563Registered Users

The White Dwarf easily.

Strongest blue tree in the game bar none. OP starting units. A combat monster. Fun unique campaign mechanic. The absurdly strong "MIght Beard of Defence" skill. 4 whole quest chains that make you play the Dwarf campaign in a unique way. (Like doing to defend Kraka Drak early on) Perfect voice acting.

Just a great character all around that's a blast to use and immensely powerful.

Same here. Grombrindal's quest battle monologues are epic trash talk, he has some unique battle and campaign abilities, he hits like a truck, and with the newest build he grants +20% weapon strength to his entire faction against elves. I'm looking forward to starting a new campaign with him where we just wreck every pointy-eared bastard we see. Don't care if they're hippies, preppies, or emos; they all gonn' get got.
    Keep Grombrindal in KaK, K8P should be 10 slots, Dogs of War should be a horde, DoC should be one race- Change my mind

Give us a Slayer Hero!
  • Lin_HuichiLin_Huichi Posts: 149Registered Users
    Tyrion is my favourite.

1) Tyrion
    2) Hellebron
    3) Durthu
    4) Orion
    5) Settra
    6) Archaon
    7) Alith Anar
    8) Morathi
    9) Kholek
    10) Sigvald
  • jgmasterjgmaster Senior Member Posts: 483Registered Users
    For Sigmar, for The Empire, for the warhammer!!!

Karl Franz because:
    - I love Deathclaw
    - I love the voicelines
    - I love the questbattles
    - He was the posterboy of Warhammer 1 and I feld I love with him and Deathclaw at first sight, so epic so gracious, so perfect

• LolTHELolLolTHELol Posts: 563Registered Users
    edited January 12
    I do not have a favourite, any LL that has magic and is also good at the battlefield is my pick.

I like my LLs to be best at everything and be multi-purpose.
  • SaitohSaitoh Posts: 177Registered Users
    Kranox said:

Ghorst. Not even joking.

Oh **** thats nice

Why do you love him ?
    For the charge bonus on wheelchairiots of course.

My pick is Malekith the Eternity King. From a gameplay perspective the guy does everything. He's great at melee with his black dragon. He has the speed, flight, and mass to be wherever you want him. Between dark magic, dragon breath, and gaze of malice he can blow the **** out of anything that can threaten him without ever landing. He has anti-magic just to troll people.

He cuts upkeep in half for both every T1-2 unit AND your end game AP/AL. Everyone who plays Civ knows the earlier you get your bonus the better it is since that's when you need it. Malekith's bonus not only kicks in on turn 1 it scales into late game. With his econ skill tree he supercharges your already strong slave economy simply by existing. Starting with a siege attacker unit is pretty standard for WH2 LLs but it puts him over a lot of the WH1 ones simply because not having a siege attacker unit is annoying AF. He also starts with a fire sorceress which is for my money the best early game damage lore since burning head is in the first tier of spells, never needs to be overcasted so you only need 1 skill point, and may well be the most mana efficient spell in the entire game against low armor units.

THE KING IN THE NORTH!!!!!

Throgg, King of Trolls, Master of Combat, Philosopher Extraordinaire.

If we ever got forum icons for all the LL's factions (which will never happen because we are the forgotten) I would switch to Wintertooth in a heart beat.

Love Norsca, love monsters, love Throgg. I'm **** that he is missing his troll buffs in the current beta patch. Also kinda sad Throgg doesn't speak with eloquence like he does in the lore. I almost said "with eloquence that would put an elf to shame" but he already does that in game. I am still just so pumped to have him in the game when I originally thought I would never see him because there are so many WoC characters.

Second is Harkon because he has the best personality of all the LLs. After that one of the Skaven LLs but it is hard to pick a favorite.

Edit: I always forget that word is censored

Ohhh the mighty troll king, nice pick ! I truly enjoy playing as him myself

DarkLordD said:

Well well well well well ... youngling.... stolen my next idea he !? Hahaha you know I have to send the witch hunter to you now you understand that right ?

Haha but of course I will participate in my own game, this one is easy as can be ..

THE FAY ENCHANTRESS!

Why ?

She is first of all beautiful, but don't let her beauty fool you because she is deadly. I promise you.

If my mind serves correct, she is the ONLY one in the game with the awakening of the wood spell upgraded and thus overcast. Its extremely potent, and a very fast recharge rate. Futher then that, her wardsafe can get insane.

But overall .. Its her style and grace which make her for the best roleplay Lord in the entire game !

For the lady ! But I can tell you my friend, you have a lot of praying to do to the lady for such heresy you have committed today ;) !

Ps.

Just so you know, i am still doing this one as well ! (Nanananana!!) I have a whole list of topics I am still going to do haha ^^ I love to see people seem to like these things though. Atleast I take some joy out of the fact you choose mighty king louen leoncuour! Imagine the blasphamy to the lady if you didn't even pick any Bretonnian Lord!!

Ahhaha can't beat the master at his own game. Send your witch Hunter he is nothing against a Grail knight !

Impatient to see your other posts, been enjoying them quite a lot lately haha

Nice pick tough, The lady is proud !

Kranox said:

DarkLordD said:

THE FAY ENCHANTRESS!

Why ?

Ps.

Ahhaha can't beat the master at his own game. Send your witch Hunter he is nothing against a Grail knight !

haha no problem, I just posted a new one friend :) and I have a WHOLE LONG LIST coming in still ! I am so happy you enjoy my friend ^^

DarkLordD said:

Kranox said:

DarkLordD said:

THE FAY ENCHANTRESS!

Why ?

Ps.

haha no problem, I just posted a new one friend :) and I have a WHOLE LONG LIST coming in still ! I am so happy you enjoy my friend ^^
    Ohh I think I had a glimpse of it just before I clicked on the notification and I gotta tell you Im loving it 😂

• LuciferLucifer Member England U.KPosts: 1,759Registered Users
    Vlad von Carstein.

Savage, bloody, and very tough. Nice traits, and works well with his beloved Isabella. The Midnight Aristocracy.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

My steam workshop Warhammer II mods
  • ozzygeoozzygeo Junior Member Posts: 23Registered Users
    Azhag the Slaughterer.

- He can fly.
    - He can use lore of death(unique for GS).
    - %50 ward save with talisman-Lucky Shrunken Head and his Armor.
    - He has regen trait.
    - He can boost your early units like mad.Arrer Boyz can be dangerous with him.+10 MD for boyz.
    - He is the only smart Ork boi.
    - He died before the end times nonsense.Great life for an Ork.
    - You can one shoot kholek with full hp lol.
    - He survived from the **** Troll Country.

He is the my One True Git hah.
  • RubzyRubzy Posts: 66Registered Users
    No one chose Mannfred lol.

Poor guy is pretty good in-game but no-one wants to associate with him haha.