Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Black Dragons blind in one eye.

Antiquesroadshow1Antiquesroadshow1 Posts: 9Registered Users
To me this is important. To others, maybe not. But all the Dark Elf Black Dragons have a blind left eye. Only Malekith's Black Dragon should be blind in the left eye. To make it stand out from the others. It makes the other Black Dragon models look cheap when they all have it. And takes out the immersion of the impressive Black Dragons. To me this would be a simple fix. But will CA do it? I think it would really make Malekith's Dragon look different from all his "clones". Anybody else notice this?

Comments

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 5,165Registered Users
    So what you're saying is...

...I'm a black dragon?

All imperial captain heroes are also blind in one eye or the other for some reason.
  • HarkovastHarkovast Posts: 1,054Registered Users
    Maybe malekith doesn't like the idea that anyone has a better Dragon than him?
    That's the kind of thing he would do, hes a jerk.
  • kelembriborkelembribor Posts: 308Registered Users
    Yeah it is odd I thought it was my mod problem only.
    I was doing retexture for black dragons but other seem to have the issue too.

In my version they lacked glow but when I edited to copy eye texture on grey smudge it had eyes on both sides of head.

• Antiquesroadshow1Antiquesroadshow1 Posts: 9Registered Users
    That is odd that one Dragon doesn't have the blind eye problem. I wonder if they were trying to change it?
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 677Registered Users
    Itharus said:

So what you're saying is...

...I'm a black dragon?

All imperial captain heroes are also blind in one eye or the other for some reason.

Everyone knows that most imperial captains have two eyes that work perfectly fine. The eye-patch is just a court fashion because it has a big appeal with the ladies.

Most captains write which eye is supposed to be covered on the inside of their patch so they don't keep mixing it up.
  • kelembriborkelembribor Posts: 308Registered Users

That is odd that one Dragon doesn't have the blind eye problem. I wonder if they were trying to change it?

I tried game without the mod , all dragons have glow and one eye is lacking iris .

In my mod dragons use rigidmodel, that doesn't have glow in the eye ( 2 nd image lower 4 pictures and copying eye texture to the space near on body.dds makes it have both eyes)

• MagicspookMagicspook Posts: 47Registered Users
    Once long ago, one of the forebears of black dragonkind lost one of his eyes in a battle. Since then, all his offspring and their offspring as well are born with only one eye.

That's how Lamarckian evolution works :#
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 1,174Registered Users

Once long ago, one of the forebears of black dragonkind lost one of his eyes in a battle. Since then, all his offspring and their offspring as well are born with only one eye.

You know, Lamarck always gets made fun of but technically he was sorta right when it comes to epigenetics.
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 3,863Registered Users
    edited January 12

Or it could be like waistcoats and Edward VII where we don't do up the bottom button out of respect because the king was too fat to do it up. Or Ferdinand I and all the Spaniards affecting a lisp because he had one ...

But on the plus side, do we all remember when they got the fliers wrong and they all dangled like flying prawns? Now that was a real issue

The new forum makes my eyes bleed

• ZerglesZergles Member Posts: 2,964Registered Users
    Black Dragons get tortured while being tamed. So. Missing eyes and whatnot, mske sense. They also fight other creatures and eachother more than the comparatively pampered High Elf dragons.
  • SteppelordSteppelord Junior Member Posts: 1,698Registered Users
    I agree. Also, #manticoreforlokhirinsteadofboringblackdragon.
  • Boombastek91Boombastek91 Posts: 787Registered Users

I agree. Also, #manticoreforlokhirinsteadofboringblackdragon.

You can mod him.