Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Tomb Kings late game campaign power.

KranoxKranox Posts: 2,531Registered Users
Hey friends ok, so I started a Bretonnian Campaign, I started by unitinf Bretonnia, then I moved to the empire where I took out the entire Vampire counts territory, I retook most of Kislev and I help them protect their last 2 settlements, I then proceedes to take all of the world edge mountain, I then pushed south against the greenskins, **** it was toff like srly, I had like 5 Bretonnian armies mostly of grail knights, Guardians, hippogryph, pegasus and foot squire, it took me **** ages to take the badlands, **** climate 😂😂.

During that campaign I also made an errantry war with 4 of My armies in the southlands, I started in the bretonnian crusader kingdom. But mannn Tomb Kings have like 8 armies, but I cant push further, I keep wiping them one after the other, but they replenish like nothing happened, I managed to push into the lands, getting to Khemri, but Lik wtf, they have **** like 7 settlements and have 8 armies... all around Khemri and I keep wiping them out, but No matter how hard I try I cant beat them faster than they rebuild.

Wouldnt it make sense if their army cap was also balanced around the number of settlement and not only tech ? Its a bit crazy atm, I think Ill need to bring the entire might of my empire with like 12 armies at their city and just grind out for ages...

Comments

  • psychoakpsychoak Posts: 1,532Registered Users
    They are.

    Army limits end up just being stacks of chaff skeletons if you don't have access to troop structures. You can literally kill a full stack of these with a couple grail knights.

    Perhaps the AI is cheating though.
  • KranoxKranox Posts: 2,531Registered Users
    psychoak said:

    They are.

    Army limits end up just being stacks of chaff skeletons if you don't have access to troop structures. You can literally kill a full stack of these with a couple grail knights.

    Perhaps the AI is cheating though.

    Yeah they still have like a couple of surrounding settlements, but I struggle keeping in check their **** Horde with my 4 armies... i should maybe use 3 to keep them there and 1 to clean up everything around
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 10,550Registered Users, Moderators
    Important to wipe out their structures to reduce their good units.

    So raze it if you can't keep it.

    And even if they're over the cap, they won't lose those units unless you kill them.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
  • KranoxKranox Posts: 2,531Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

    Important to wipe out their structures to reduce their good units.

    So raze it if you can't keep it.

    And even if they're over the cap, they won't lose those units unless you kill them.

    Those pesky skelly boys, so cheeky ! Gonna wipe them out of this world !
  • Boombastek91Boombastek91 Posts: 787Registered Users
    7 armies you get from tech, 1 base.
    8 setlement you can full with high/mid tier units only 2 armies, other just skeletons.
  • AkiAmazAkiAmaz Posts: 39Registered Users
    edited January 12
    Kranox.

    Sorry I can't add to the actual OP but I would like to know how you eventually unified Bret. I recall from your post on my thread that at the time you were still having issues with Artois.

    I ditched my campaign in frustration and started something else. How did you get ovet this?

    Thank you and apologies for any thread derail.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 8,450Registered Users
    Well the Tomb Kings are clearly a 'Gamebreaker', if they are able to survive the early game, it was also mentioned in TV Tropes, fighting against the Tomb Kings in a late game is not an easy task.

    "The entire Tomb King faction campaign becomes this if you can survive the Early Game Hell with weak starting position/economy - especially with Settra the Imperishable - and overcome their general Difficult, but Awesome playstyle. Tomb Kings have no upkeep cost whatsoever and can raise up 20-stack armies right from the start of the game with only gold investment - although they can only initially make one army at a time and can only get more through researching Dynasties. Once you start raiding and pillaging local areas for enough gold to keep your armies at full strength all the time, the faction quickly snowballs as they can raise more and more armies. While their regular skeleton soldiers are very weak compared to other starting unit, the Tomb Kings have quite strong and quick blob-killer units like Ushabti and Tomb Scorpions. Their end-game Monstrous units are some of the most powerful in the entire game, with the Necrosphynx laughing at other equivalent end-game units and commanders, while Warsphinyxes and Hierotitans devour regular infantry and can even hold their own against Anti-Large infantry. Combined with the Legions of Legend - essentially the prenerf Regiments of Reknown from the first game - which can be summoned as extra upgraded armies anywhere for absolutely free once you get enough Canopic Jars to unlock them (very easy if you know what you're doing), it doesn't take long for the Tomb Kings to start utterly steamrolling other factions in short order. This is actually a bit of Fridge Brilliance too, since their campaign and their lore revolves around the Tomb Kings slowly reawakening from undeath and recapturing their empire's former glory."

    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Gamebreaker/TotalWar
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
  • KranoxKranox Posts: 2,531Registered Users
    AkiAmaz said:

    Kranox.

    Sorry I can't add to the actual OP but I would like to know how you eventually unified Bret. I recall from your post on my thread that at the time you were still having issues with Artois.

    I ditched my campaign in frustration and started something else. How did you get ovet this?

    Thank you and apologies for any thread derail.

    Srly after I gained rank 1 I was able to unify artois, I had like plus 400 relation ship, and was only able to do it once their army got wiped out. Bastonne wasnt hard and I just conquered Paravon because I was tired of waiting for confed, Carcason had no armies left and accepted. And after 200 turns I was finally able to confed bordeleaux,

    But basically you need to have like over 25p relstion with them, be extremely **** powerfull and wait till their army dies... its kinda really ****
  • AryndelinAryndelin Junior Member Posts: 837Registered Users
    Kranox said:

    AkiAmaz said:

    Kranox.

    Sorry I can't add to the actual OP but I would like to know how you eventually unified Bret. I recall from your post on my thread that at the time you were still having issues with Artois.

    I ditched my campaign in frustration and started something else. How did you get ovet this?

    Thank you and apologies for any thread derail.

    Srly after I gained rank 1 I was able to unify artois, I had like plus 400 relation ship, and was only able to do it once their army got wiped out. Bastonne wasnt hard and I just conquered Paravon because I was tired of waiting for confed, Carcason had no armies left and accepted. And after 200 turns I was finally able to confed bordeleaux,

    But basically you need to have like over 25p relstion with them, be extremely **** powerfull and wait till their army dies... its kinda really ****
    There's several things you can do to make Bretonnian confederation easier.

    1: Never make alliances ever. (NAPs should be fine)
    2: Eliminate their enemies (for lyonesse and bordelaux its mousillon for example)
    3: Have high enough relationship and power difference (Power isnt always necessary).

    When i played carcassonne last i could easily confed all but 2 (always 2 that is stubborn, that time it was lyonesse and bordelaux). But they buckled eventually. it takes time, but as bretonnia time is something you got. :)
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 8,450Registered Users
    The Tomb Kings are showing us what a faction that is based around the 'perpetual-motion monster' trope and is not limited by the controversial "supply lines" mechanic is able to achieve. :)
    4 Fully Independent Monogods Armies would be great for a Storyline about the Great Game in Total War: Warhammer 3.
Sign In or Register to comment.