Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What if Ikit Claw and Tehenhauin...

GerardofthetitanGerardofthetitan Posts: 433Registered Users
edited January 12 in General Discussion
...Won't be the 2 Legendary Lords of the upcoming DLC?

Everyone here strongly believe that Tehenhauin and Ikit are the confirmed Lords since the release of Warhammer 2, so it seems.
Since nothing is confirmed nor hinted about their presence and since CA surprised us (in a bad way and good way) with other Lord Pack Lords like Ghorst vs Volkmar...
Then we have the rivalry theme but Thanquol and Boneripper are much more related with Tehenhauin than Ikit Claw like it's not even close, if Tehenhauin will be the Lord and this is doubtful.

Choose other 2 Legendary Lords that can be in the DLC.

Comments

• LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,055Registered Users
    Gor-Rok and Skreech Verminking.

Beastmen: where is the love?

• SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Posts: 1,882Registered Users
    Well, for me all missing Skaven lords would be perfect.

The only fail they could make, would be lord Kroak for Lizardmen as the DLC character.
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 2,293Registered Users
    Ooewww well I don't know, i just really really hope the prophet of Sotek will be in! I just need that guy. It is highly on my bucketlist. If kislev also gets added in , i am kind of having everything I wished for!

But don't get me wrong I am greedy when it comes to my warhammer games :D ! More more more!! Yes yes yes !!
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 9,642Registered Users
    I don't know about tehenhauin, but for Ikit the units missing would speak for him, strongly.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
    SiWI said:

I don't know about tehenhauin, but for Ikit the units missing would speak for him, strongly.

But we have tons of missing Moulder Clan units tho.

• TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 720Registered Users
    edited January 12
    Tehenhauin and throt with throt invading to find more specimens to create the ultimate lizard/beast abomination

But a Oxyotl and Snikch pack might be fun too

• DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 4,939Registered Users
    Ludbone said:

SiWI said:

Only if you're counting units from the Clan Moulder variant list - the only Moulder units missing from the army book are Giant Rats and Rat Swarms, and CA isn't using swarms.
  • makar55makar55 Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    Little reminder of leaked voiceovers.

vo_sel_skv_Beastlings_of_Seep_Gore
    vo_sel_skv_Blightscabs_Plaguepack
    vo_sel_skv_Clan_Vulkn_Tailslashers
    vo_sel_skv_Council_Guard
    vo_sel_skv_Deathvermin_of_Clan_Rictus
    vo_sel_skv_Flint_Ratz
    vo_sel_skv_Giant_Rat_Pack
    vo_sel_skv_Great_Claw_of_Feesik
    vo_sel_skv_Hallscurrys_Chosen
    vo_sel_skv_Ratling_Gun_Weapons_Team
    vo_sel_skv_Scabrous_Elders_of_the_Pox
    vo_sel_skv_The_Gaseous_Ones
    vo_sel_skv_The_Needless_Less
    vo_sel_skv_The_Skurry_Stabbers
    vo_sel_skv_The_Wolfrats
    vo_sel_skv_Volkn_Fire_tails
    vo_sel_skv_Warplock_Jezzails
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 14,225Registered Users
    I'd cry.

That said if we had to pick two inferior LL I'll go with Kroak and Thanquol. Skaven have a crowd of good choices, but LM lack them. Kroak would be the best choice, so I'd go with him.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 464Registered Users
    I prefer ikit and tehenhauin for the LP too.

Throt would benefit from game 3 too.
    Finally then they must create a model with four arms.

Gor rok with kroak as rite lord or unlockable tech lord would be a good flc or Nakai.

I hope for Thanquol and Malus for game 3 too. The latter would benefit from the demons too.
    Draxynnic said:

Ludbone said:

SiWI said:

Only if you're counting units from the Clan Moulder variant list - the only Moulder units missing from the army book are Giant Rats and Rat Swarms, and CA isn't using swarms.
    But there are also Forge World, Older armybooks, End Times and other sources for the Moulder Clan units. Something that CA stated and confirmed to take into consideration in order to create rosters and/or units alone.

Giant Rats, Chimerat, Brood Horror, Wolf Rats, Burrowing Behemot, Armored Rat Ogres, Great Pox Rat, Stormfiends (even if this one is a mix of Skryre and Moulder). . .

That said I doubt that Ikit Claw will be the LL in a LP Rivalry against Lizardmen.

• GerardofthetitanGerardofthetitan Posts: 433Registered Users
    _Mad_D0c_ said:

I prefer ikit and tehenhauin for the LP too.

Throt would benefit from game 3 too.
    Finally then they must create a model with four arms.

Gor rok with kroak as rite lord or unlockable tech lord would be a good flc or Nakai.

I hope for Thanquol and Malus for game 3 too. The latter would benefit from the demons too.

But we've got no new Warhammer 1 Legendary Lords in Warhammer 2.

Expecting Warhammer 3 getting Lords from Warhammer 1-2 is kinda impossible.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 14,225Registered Users
    makar55 said:

vo_sel_skv_Council_Guard
    vo_sel_skv_Flint_Ratz
    vo_sel_skv_The_Wolfrats

Thanks, you're a good citizen. I forgot about this.

It basically guarantees Ikit unless they redo it or do a random lord.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 2,302Registered Users
    edited January 12
    3 reasons for Ikkit as DLC LL:

1. He fits with the likely Skryre theme of the pack.
    2. He is a rat in power armour!
    3. We know we are getting Thanquol anyway from an interview last year, so this means more LLs

Tehenhuain is the most logical choice for LM, we are missing Sotek themed stuff and a LL who is both a skink and very significant to the LM as a race makes him almost a certainty, it will be a big suprise if anyone else gets picked over him. The FLC LL is harder to tell.

Edit, and remember the "rivalry" can be very loose, the Q&C pack would have made much more sense if it was Alith vs Hellebron otherwise - but Allarielle fit better overall and had more scope and lore significance.
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Posts: 624Registered Users
    It's obviously going to be an Amazon LL for Lizardmen and clan Carrion for Skaven.
    edited January 12
    makar55 said:

vo_sel_skv_Council_Guard
    vo_sel_skv_Flint_Ratz
    vo_sel_skv_The_Wolfrats

There was a pretty rapid clarification that they take more voiceovers than they make final units, so we won't necessarily see that many.
    Ludbone said:

Draxynnic said:

Ludbone said:

SiWI said:

But there are also Forge World, Older armybooks, End Times and other sources for the Moulder Clan units. Something that CA stated and confirmed to take into consideration in order to create rosters and/or units alone.

Giant Rats, Chimerat, Brood Horror, Wolf Rats, Burrowing Behemot, Armored Rat Ogres, Great Pox Rat, Stormfiends (even if this one is a mix of Skryre and Moulder). . .

That said I doubt that Ikit Claw will be the LL in a LP Rivalry against Lizardmen.
    Take into consideration, yes, but they're usually used where army book units are insufficient. Forge World was used to fill out Norsca and Vampirates, but I don't think we've seen it used for a race with an official 8E (or 8E-compatible, which the 7E skaven army book certainly counts as) army book exists. In those circumstances, they've generally either stuck to what's in the army book, or started there and filled in gaps with fluff mentions.

In addition, most people seem to be anticipating the Ratling Guns and the Jezzails to be the most obvious additions, and they're clearly Skryre.

With respect to rivalry: The obvious choice would be Pestilens, but we already have the Pestilens lord. Ikit and Thanquol have both been in Lustria - to my knowledge, the Moulder special characters have not (at least not prior to the End Times - I've read the books, but a while ago and I don't remember every detail of every character's activity). Skryre also starts in Lustria for the Vortex campaign.
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 464Registered Users
    edited January 12
    makar55 said:

vo_sel_skv_Council_Guard
    vo_sel_skv_Flint_Ratz
    vo_sel_skv_The_Wolfrats

Possible Units:
    Moulder:
    Giant rat pack
    Wolfrats

Skryre:
    Ratling gun weapon team
    Warplock Jezzail

Rest could be ror or should the albino council guard be a unit instead of ror?

Nice would be if they pimp up the LP to 10 euro with 2 LL for skaven ( ikit and throt) + these 4 units + packmaster hero.
    1 LL for LM with raziron, salamander, ripperdactyl, red crested skink +skink oracle on troglodon.

Gor rok asflc with kroak as unlockable weapon/lord and eternity warden.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 4,317Registered Users

It's obviously going to be an Amazon LL for Lizardmen and clan Carrion for Skaven.

And she will be the ugliest, most masculine looking creature in the Old and New Worlds. I can totally see it.

/

I have no proper knowledge on Skaven and LM LL. But I like haemonculus Ikit model. So it must be a thing no matter what.

Also Dread Saurian, Salamander and Engine of The Gods are a must too. The last one shoots meteors, it can't get better than that.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• MagicspookMagicspook Posts: 137Registered Users
    I'm starting to think this as well. I'd love ikit, but I think there is a higher chance of Thanquol making it in.

Remember when everyone asked for Thanquol and CA said 'he will come, but not anytime soon'? We all interpreted that as 'Thanquol is not the LP lord', but the LP did not come 'anytime soon'.

Secondly, we know Thanquol will come period. Well, does CA seem likely to release a 5th LL for skaven these days? This points to Thanquol being the LP lord as well.

Finally, there is a strong 'rivalry' theme in every lord pack. Thanquol has, I believe, more of a rivalry with LM than ikit does.

As for Teenieweenie, he does have rivalry with skaven. On the other hand, they could pull an Alith Anar for him and release him as FLC lord with his own unit, the red crested skink. Which would solve the whole 'RCS taking up a DLC slot' thing.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 3,201Registered Users
    makar55 said:

vo_sel_skv_Council_Guard
    vo_sel_skv_Flint_Ratz
    vo_sel_skv_The_Wolfrats

No Red or Crimson Guard.. :neutral:
  • GodWillTellGodWillTell Posts: 643Registered Users
    I do agree that Thanquol has much more reason to be LL due to his rivalry with Tehenhauin and Lizardmen.

But another LL for the Lizardmen? I don't know. I love Gor-Rok and Chakax, so.....

#FORGHORGON
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,112Registered Users

Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Posts: 2,907Registered Users
    Ludbone said:

Draxynnic said:

Ludbone said:

SiWI said:

CA typically doesn't go to those other sources when they have an up to date army book they can pull from. Plenty of 8th edition races have units they could have pulled from FW, WD, ET, and earlier editions but for the most part they haven't gotten any of them. We really only see those other sources used when there's much less to go on as in the case of Norsca or Vampire Coast.
    Keep Grombrindal in KaK, K8P should be 10 slots, Dogs of War should be a horde, DoC should be one race- Change my mind

Give us a Slayer Hero!

I'm starting to think this as well. I'd love ikit, but I think there is a higher chance of Thanquol making it in.

Remember when everyone asked for Thanquol and CA said 'he will come, but not anytime soon'? We all interpreted that as 'Thanquol is not the LP lord', but the LP did not come 'anytime soon'.

Secondly, we know Thanquol will come period. Well, does CA seem likely to release a 5th LL for skaven these days? This points to Thanquol being the LP lord as well.

Finally, there is a strong 'rivalry' theme in every lord pack. Thanquol has, I believe, more of a rivalry with LM than ikit does.

Thanquol has always been a strong contender, really. Most people have seen it as being a question between Ikit and Thanquol.

If the units are as suggested by the voicelines, in fact, Thanquol would be a fairly decent fit. He's received gifts from both Skryre and Moulder, so a mix of Skryre and Moulder units would be fitting for him... and the Albino Guard could be a special unit for Thanquol.

The real problem is that with Tretch, CA have put themselves into a position where they either give the skaven an extra lord, or they'll have people asking why they wasted a slot on Tretch forevermore. At least in Ghorst's case, the vampires ended up with four other LLs regardless.
  • EliacTheEmeraldTeethEliacTheEmeraldTeeth Posts: 383Registered Users
    If we get Skretch, i'll burst into laughter that even cegorach would aprove
    I assure you, we are very real. And we have come for you and your realm.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 9,642Registered Users
    Ludbone said:

SiWI said:

as others have pointed out, moulders units are of lower "rank" since there aren't armybook and quite frankly I would it found more believable that rattlinggun and jezzails would come with Thanquol then them not coming.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • Boombastek91Boombastek91 Posts: 787Registered Users
    Nothing confirmed, but Itza must being seted with LL that why ppl think about Gor rok as flc.
    DLC tehenauin mostly cos LM need skink lord, not generic but LL.
    Skaven, i not sure about Ikit Claw.
    Skavenblight or Hell Pit starting setlement. No it too much. Plus if clan skryre added as major faction and not clan moulder too, would be a tons whine of fans one of this factions.
    I bet on some one neutral. So most famous left a Thanquol.
  • EliacTheEmeraldTeethEliacTheEmeraldTeeth Posts: 383Registered Users
    We also must remember that Moulder monsters will most likely require more unique animations and models which is big no-no for CA
    I assure you, we are very real. And we have come for you and your realm.
  • EnforestEnforest Posts: 1,862Registered Users
    edited January 12
    If the DLC won't feature Ikit and Tehen, it will suck a fat one.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Posts: 1,788Registered Users
    If it had to be two others I'd go with Nakai (bringing a focus on sking/kroxigor mixed tactics that currently don't exist in the game) with a northern start location, since he can appear anywhere, fighting Throt and Clan Moulder (who greatly expands the Skaven's monster options).

Alternatively, Kroak vs Throt. Kroak wouldn't have as strong an army theme as Tehenhauin (Sotek or skink themed units) or Nakai (kroxigor/skink synergy) but he could maybe get Relic Priests as a unit and maybe bring along some of the more range and utility focused units that would otherwise have gone to Tehenhauin. None of the other Lizardmen options interest me that much.